Metal Slug 3 - Highest Scoring Routes

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
A few weeks ago i bough my self MS3 and was wondering which route everyone takes through the game to get their highscores? At the moment i am just ploughing through the game using the routes i find the most fun (i usually avoid the underwater routes as i'm not a big fan of them). So which (if any) route thru the levels has the most points on offer?
If you wanna post ur highscores that would be cool too :buttrock:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
You can get some good tips here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85717

And generally speaking:

Mission 1 - Take the most direct route, ignore the submarine and ignore the higher platform after killing the bugs, hop on the boat and keep on it until you reach the boss.

Mission 2 - Only one way to go, make sure to entre the ice cave.

Mission 3 - I think the best scoring route is to go underwater the full way and then go through the plant.

Mission 4 - Take the camel up to the opening of the temple and walk in. Once inside you will fight a few venus flytrap sort of monsters, and you can open a warp hole to head down the Drill Slug route.

Mission 5 - Only one way to go, and it's a damn long way!

Last edited:

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
cheers
on the level with the plants i always go up to the top of the hill and then down into the section with all the mummies and things. I hate crawling thru those little passages with all the maggits in. Really annoys me.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
SNZero said:
cheers
on the level with the plants i always go up to the top of the hill and then down into the section with all the mummies and things. I hate crawling thru those little passages with all the maggits in. Really annoys me.

As much of a welcome change as the mummies are (hah, me saying that) you can both get loads of hostages, the Drill Slug and over 250000 in bonus points so for top score you will have to take it. If you do the mummy path regardless you can do some milking -purposely not advancing to stick around and highten your score- at the bit where you have to toss the batteries into the machine before reaching the boss. Fill it to nearly full, keep a couple in reserve and kill as many creatures as possible until time is almost up.

Gemant

Member,
max score possible in slug 3 is 10.900.000 (difficulty level 4) or 13.100.000 (difficulty level 8)

the correct max score way is:

stage 1: route A in to the sea.
stage 2: in the ice cave.
stage 3: route A, in the first tunnel.
stage 4: route low, and in to the tunnel (worm cave)
stage 5: /