Metal Slug 2 highscores

Kiken

Camel Slug
I was wondering if anyone out there had the Japanese high-score listings for MS2... I've been very interested in comparing my top obtained score and my top feasible score with theirs'.

Thanks

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Kiken said:
I was wondering if anyone out there had the Japanese high-score listings for MS2... I've been very interested in comparing my top obtained score and my top feasible score with theirs'.

Thanks

The world record in Gamest Magazine?
I don't know about that one. I know the MS, MSX, and MS3.
Gemant probably knows.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Aw, I thought this was gonna be another one of the threads where we all go for the highest score. :(

Kiken

Camel Slug
Spike said:
Aw, I thought this was gonna be another one of the threads where we all go for the highest score. :(

Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from posting their own MS2 records here. I guess I'll post my current record:

Metal Slug 2
MVS Difficulty
Stage: All
Score: 4,304,020 points
Hostages Rescued: 90

I know that I missed/lost 9 hostages durring that run (not to mention I died twice in level 6). But I know that I can certainly tack on another 400,000 points to the above score with a perfect run. I'm still reviewing my own techniques to squeeze out some more score.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nice score man, i'm still having some trouble getting past stage 3, but i'm pretty sure if i can sit down and play for a bit i'll be able to get to stage 4 without dying and have a score around 1.5mil or more. Anyway when i get some free time i'll try and have a good run and see what i can do.

Gemant

Member,
Kiken said:

Thanks

japanese record is 8.278.630 (I'm sure they have used to autofire)

my personal in 1998 was 6.000.000 about

KIKEN, I open a thread for PULSTAR because I have some problem

Kiken

Camel Slug
Gemant said:
japanese record is 8.278.630 (I'm sure they have used to autofire)

my personal in 1998 was 6.000.000 about

KIKEN, I open a thread for PULSTAR because I have some problem

Ok, for 6 million, I assume that you were doing soldier milking (staying in one location and leaving a certain enemy, like a copter alive, and just constantly knifing all of the soldiers who run out).

For 8 million.. yeah, it sounds like they had a special fourth button rigged to autofire to expand scorring. Not uncommon in Japanese arcades.

Well, let me set my sights on 5 million for the time being. :)

Gemant

Member,
in slug series autofire is not important however... in slug 2 there are some secret for high score increase....

I don't know the technique to abtain 8 milion +

Gemant

Member,
Kiken said:
For 8 million.. yeah, it sounds like they had a special fourth button rigged to autofire to expand scorring. Not uncommon in Japanese arcades.

50% of gamest record is with autofire on, In Japan autofire is normal system for make a higher score....

however, all gamest score are with default settings, score with not default settings are not considerate

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kiken said:
Ok, for 6 million, I assume that you were doing soldier milking (staying in one location and leaving a certain enemy, like a copter alive, and just constantly knifing all of the soldiers who run out)

For me thats when playing for a high score begins to not get fun. I try to just get all the secrets/hostages in the MS series to get a high score. True i'll never get the highest score ever but man milking areas for soldiers is just not fun.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Lagduf said:
For me thats when playing for a high score begins to not get fun. I try to just get all the secrets/hostages in the MS series to get a high score. True i'll never get the highest score ever but man milking areas for soldiers is just not fun.

Well, I'm not going to disagree with you, but when someone is serious about completely maximizing the score, they're going to do everything possible to abuse the system. And that normally means milking.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kiken said:
Well, I'm not going to disagree with you, but when someone is serious about completely maximizing the score, they're going to do everything possible to abuse the system. And that normally means milking.

True it does.

I had a pretty good run today. I've finally got Mission 1 and 2 smoothed over. Still some rough spots in Mission 3 ( i died twice) but i was able to get to Mission 4 on one credit which is the first time i have ever been able to do that! I'll post my score in a bit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My new highscore: 1,869,580.

I'm playing on an MV2F with Unibios 1.2 set to USA console mode, MVS difficulty. I died on mission 4 (lost all my lives there). I also didn't get the slug bonus on mission 3 :(