Messed up/Missing sound mvs (svc, etc) Already cleaned 2-slot!!

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Hey, like the title says: I get messed up sound/ no sound sometimes when playing SVC Chaos (bought new from neo store) and bust-a-move.

I never had a problem with my original 2-slot board. I switched them because the old one didn't have a working headphone jack (I run it into a stereo).

I cleaned the carts with rubbing alcohol. I cleaned the 2-slot as well (somebody mentioned using a tooth brush and rubbing alcohol: 95% pure).

I still get problems. I even tried changing the Universe Bios to the original one. Still no luck.

Any Ideas???:scratch:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
If it's all games and both slots, it's a problem with your board. Could be a broken trace or chip.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Last I tried, all other carts work fine. But I'll do some more comprehensive testing.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Did you try clearing the backup RAM and also try the carts alone? There are certain combinations of carts in my 4 slot that will cause jacked up graphics/sound or games to not work at all.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Did you try clearing the backup RAM and also try the carts alone? There are certain combinations of carts in my 4 slot that will cause jacked up graphics/sound or games to not work at all.

I'll try clearing the backup ram. (You do that through the menu system, right?)

I've tried it (SVC) by itself in each slot and it still gives me problems. It worked fine one my original 2-slot board.......

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
OK.......I cleared the backup ram. Nothing...

I did some more testing and only had problems with Rage of the Dragons. I bought that and SVC Chaos new. I cleaned svc chaos again and still no luck.

My old board worked fine. Why couldn't the headphone jack work????

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Just bumping to see if anybody has any other ideas. Other carts work fine.