Memory Card for the MVH4FT board

MarsellusW

n00b
I think this was this the best place to ask this question.

I have a SC-19 Neo Geo with the MVH4FT board. Now i want to save my high scores is know that there are memory card slots on the board but what kinda memory card should be in there?!? They regular memory card doesn't fit. The MVS-MV1 has the same connection...

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 00.56.32.png

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
High scores are saved to the MVS itself. The memory card has very few good uses, the main one usually being able to save what level you’re on.

I think only two-slots have memory card sockets right on the board. Normally they are remotely connected. You need a socket and a cable.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
@MarsellusW There is no memory card slot on the board. 4-slot boards need a separate memory card reader board, the MV-IC. (That's a letter I, not number 1.)

You should make sure your cab doesn't have the MV-IC card reader board already installed in the front of the cab.

This site sells reproductions if you can't find an original. Don't forget to buy the cable to connect it:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sadly, I don't think the SC-19 has any place for the memory card slot, which would probably explain why your system doesn't have any card reader installed.

Yeah, that SaveYourGames solution is a plug-and-play one you can use, if you don't care about having a regular card that you can plug into other Neo Geo systems. That might be a good option if the cab has no memory card slot.

I would buy one of these if you get a card reader and want a real card:

MarsellusW

n00b
Yeah, SaveYourGame is probably the one that i go for. It save me also the custom import cost.

I am, sadly, the only one in my friends group that like Neo Geo games... :(

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sounds good. My big red cab has a place for the MV-IC card reader. I use cards because I have an AES and CMVS too, and I like being able to move the saves around.

I wish I could move my NGCD saves too.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
In addition to the MV-IC PCB there are two long 60 pin ribbon cables to connect it to the Neo Geo board.

MarsellusW

n00b
Yeah i saw. I think i will go for the SaveYourGame option. Think that is the best in my situation.