Members in the Video Game industry

VRC-SID

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wondering if any of us are in the gaming industry. I work for a studio as a FX artist (particles, explosions, etc) and have a few game titles under my belt. Was just wondering if anyone else here is also in the field.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I almost got hired as a script editing assistant, but the job went to someone else...

I can't do any art related jobs though. Even though I've been a graphic designer for many years, the sad truth is that I can't draw very well. I have a lot of technical skill to mask it, but the true natural talent for art direction is something I lack.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Not really a job... Do closed non-public beta tests for Sony. All I get is free games and swag...

Past company
Square Enix - When they still did them (FFXI Online)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
There was a member named Big Shady who worked at EA I believe. I don't think he posts much anymore, if at all. If I remember right he also said his mother used to work in the industry. I think he mentioned it in a video about the Angry Videogame Nerd because he was talking about the Spiderman game on the Atari 2600 and said his mom worked on it.

I may have imagined that last part.

aria

Former Moderator
ukyo is an artist, both he and Big Shady are in Boston.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember Big Shady told us there was a port of the TMNT arcade game coming to Live before it became official news.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Big Shady started posting again.

He is also a huge dude which is awesome.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
There was a member named Big Shady who worked at EA I believe. I don't think he posts much anymore, if at all. If I remember right he also said his mother used to work in the industry. I think he mentioned it in a video about the Angry Videogame Nerd because he was talking about the Spiderman game on the Atari 2600 and said his mom worked on it.

I may have imagined that last part.

You remembered right.

He worked at Tiburon as a tester for a while, not sure what he's doing now.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Not a job, but I've play tested some games for Gearbox Software since they're a few towns away from mine. Got to play test Borderlands before release and got to see some of the Aliens: Colonial Marines they were working on. It was in the early stages, but looks like it's coming along nicely. Hopefully, they'll start sending e-mails about play testing soon.

J. Max

judas,
Dan Elektro was a member here, and I think he was the the EIC of GamePro at one point.

Many years ago, I worked for Sega as a focus test group leader on college campuses.

Francis

n00b
I'm apart of a indie company. iPhone games have done well now were moving to Xbox and PSP

VRC-SID

Cheng's Errand Boy
I work for SCEA. Great company to work for no doubt. I have buddies in many places though. Bungie, Retro Studios, Naughty Dog, etc.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Cool, are you based out of the Bay Area?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I know a while back somebody posted on the member picture thread a pic of him and his co workers at Iguana.

and I dont' know if it counts but former editor of gamefan (ECM) was a member of this site, I don't know if he still is, but he's one of the main reasons i entered the forum officially back in 01 (i talked to him once on the chat back then)

aria

Former Moderator
Dan Elektro was a member here, and I think he was the the EIC of GamePro at one point.

I while back Dan told me he left the industry and went into copy writing (or was it technical writing) for Sony due to the better pay.

I know a while back somebody posted on the member picture thread a pic of him and his co workers at Iguana.

and I dont' know if it counts but former editor of gamefan (ECM) was a member of this site, I don't know if he still is, but he's one of the main reasons i entered the forum officially back in 01 (i talked to him once on the chat back then)

Great memory --That was a long, long time ago. I remember he told me in chat that he was getting out of it for similar reasons to Dan.

It sounds like a dream job, but I guess it doesn't carry the bills --unless you consider being a fiscal/talent-poor writer like Stuart Campbell a life goal.

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I work at WMS (formerly Williams) as a game designer. Also worked at EA Chicago for a bit doing audio transcription for Def Jam Icon (ugh).

VRC-SID

Cheng's Errand Boy
I worked on Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow, Resistance Retribution. All for the PSP. Absolutely love the group I work with and find my job very satisfying when I'm busy.

Last edited: