Mega Man Unlimited released!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Made it to Jet Man...holy shit...the Mega Buster does so little damage compared to the MISSLES he fires. Definitely beatable without a special though, just got overwhelmed with it being the first encounter.

EDIT: Just beat Jet Man! 1 down, 7 to go :D

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Made it to Jet Man...holy shit...the Mega Buster does so little damage compared to the MISSLES he fires. Definitely beatable without a special though, just got overwhelmed with it being the first encounter.

EDIT: Just beat Jet Man! 1 down, 7 to go :D

Hell ya man keep it goin! This game is amazing! Are you lurking and taking notes Capcom????

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Downloading this tonight!

Anyone got a decent boss-order yet, or is it still too early to ask?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Downloading this tonight!

Anyone got a decent boss-order yet, or is it still too early to ask?

After trying all the stages numerous times (except for Rainbow Man's), it seems Jet Man's and Nail Man's stages are the most accessible and I was able to beat those 2 so far, although Nail Man was quite the pain in the ass compared to Jet Man. I just made it to Comet Woman, but was destroyed right quick. I'm calling it a night and will try again tomorrow night.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Beat Nail man and Jet man. Jet man's stage is way easier with nail sheild but no weakness to Jetman

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Threw a few hours at this last night.

Started off with Trinitro Man, those lava launch pads are INSANE! Especially the parts with the spikes at the top of the level. I don't know if I can do this stage without Rush Jet!
Tried out Jet Man's stage too, seems much more doable that Trinitro.

I'll keep at it though.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nail Man's stage is the easiest plus you will get rushjet from beating him.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Just a curiosity, is there any way that anyone knows of to transfer this to any kind of console?

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Okay the platypus mini bosses in Glue Man's stage become easy chumps if you use nail shield. Whisper it would be crazy rad if we could play this on an NES cart but I'm happy with just my PS1 Dual Shock and my smart Joy.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got passed Nail Man's level. Then beat Trinitro Man using RJ to get me through the bonkers lava parts! :buttrock:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Got passed Nail Man's level. Then beat Trinitro Man using RJ to get me through the bonkers lava parts! :buttrock:

Awesome job man! Just beat Yo-Yo Man. three down and four to go!

mmu1.jpg
mmu2.jpg

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Forget the NES, I want this on an Arcade CD for my Duo :D

Yeah, no loading times and CD quality music...that would be awesome.

I think the only game that didn't come out for Arcade CD was King of the Monsters 2. Working Designs mentioned they were working with a build before the project got scrapped.

Jon

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
While I appreciate that stuff like this gets made, I don't understand why everybody wants their retro platformer to look like a NES game. Mega Man 8 is visually breathtaking, for example. Why don't they ever want their games to look like that? I love high-end, stylish sprite art, as seen in most of the Neo-Geo library, or games like Castlevania: SoTN or Elevator Action Returns. If this game looked more like that, I'd be much more interested.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
While I appreciate that stuff like this gets made, I don't understand why everybody wants their retro platformer to look like a NES game. Mega Man 8 is visually breathtaking, for example. Why don't they ever want their games to look like that? I love high-end, stylish sprite art, as seen in most of the Neo-Geo library, or games like Castlevania: SoTN or Elevator Action Returns. If this game looked more like that, I'd be much more interested.

Megaman 8 and 7 are highly regarded as the worst of the original series by classic fans. Which I agree on. There is a lot more to playing Megaman than Hi Res sprites. I'm pretty sure most hardcore Megaman fans prefer the 8-bit treatment. Can't speak for everyone but that's how I feel. Plus this game is amazing I suggest you give it a try you may be surprised.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Megaman 8 and 7 are highly regarded as the worst of the original series by classic fans. Which I agree on. There is a lot more to playing Megaman than Hi Res sprites. I'm pretty sure most hardcore Megaman fans prefer the 8-bit treatment. Can't speak for everyone but that's how I feel. Plus this game is amazing I suggest you give it a try you may be surprised.

Oh, I'm sure this game is awesome, and I'd like to give it a try. I'm just a little over the 8-bit aesthetic and I wish we'd see something that looked a bit more colorful and flashy. And for what it's worth, I love Mega Man 8. I truly think it's awesome. Not the best game ever, but it looks and sounds awesome, and really pushes your skills (particularly those snowboarding areas!) Plus the voice acting is delicious.

I agree that 7 is an ugly piece of shit, though. That said,though, I haven't spent much time with it. It might be really fun to me, who knows?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
^^ this 100%

7 and 8 were the worst in gameplay. Sure the sprites were drawn pretty, but I could never stomach the run animation. Always felt like he was sliding around. The levels were not as clever in platform-puzzle solving as well.

There has been demakes of those two as well for he PC, made to look like the NES games and which improves on some of the level design by cutting out some of the redundant parts.
Makes those games more tolerable IMO.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Is anybody else getting choppy horizontal scrolling? (Maybe vertical, too, but I didn't play long enough to find out.) I'm using fullscreen.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Is anybody else getting choppy horizontal scrolling? (Maybe vertical, too, but I didn't play long enough to find out.) I'm using fullscreen.

I don't think anyone here has had the problem, but I have read about it online with some pc configs. There is a second download link on the MegaPhilX MMU page that is a beta build for people having problems with the original. It might be worth taking a look at for you. Good luck!

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Well, two possible fixes happened over the past number of hours for me.

1. The game might not like being booted up in windowed mode (the default), switched to fullscreen, and then played immediately. You might have to close the game and then open it up again, but when you open it again, it will boot up in fullscreen from the start and have no problem with it. (I only ran the game once before this morning.)

2. The power went out last night, so my computer restarted. You might have to restart your computer, too. This sometimes happens with games. I know the recent Steam version of Jet Set Radio was like this.