Mega Man Anniversary Collection Thread

Youkai

Hardened Shock Trooper
In a little while I'm going out to put down my bux for MMAC, maybe for both systems. Anyone that's gonna play it, what are some stuff that y'all are looking forward to out of enjoying this compilation?

>Hearing remixes of my favorite Megaman tunes
>Playing the MM arcade games
>See if they've gotten a little more challenging than the originals

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I doubt that I'll be pre-ordering this one, but I'll definitely grab a copy when it comes out. I'm just looking to relive all the old school mega man goodness, particularly some of those great tunes.

mdog

Zero's Secretary
galfordo said:
I'm just looking to relive all the old school mega man goodness, particularly some of those great tunes. /QUOTE]

The music for Magnetman's stage from Megaman 3 is still in my head. :glee:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Is there a reason to buy it if you own all of the original games ported to this compilation? If there's nothing extra that is worthwhile, count me out.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Is there a reason to buy it if you own all of the original games ported to this compilation?

No - but most people aren't in that situation.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Is there a reason to buy it if you own all of the original games ported to this compilation? If there's nothing extra that is worthwhile, count me out.
Well the compilation is Megaman 1-8 with the two Power Battle Arcade games included. The disc have artwork and remastered soundtracks for the games. The Gamecube version has producer interviews while the PS2 version features episodes from the Megaman cartoon series. I'll be going Gmaecube myself. Some areas in previous Megaman titles that had slowdown no longer have that slowdown. I'm also going to grab the GBA version to get the original Gameboy Megaman games on one cart.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
IoriYagami n8 said:
Well the compilation is Megaman 1-8 with the two Power Battle Arcade games included. The disc have artwork and remastered soundtracks for the games. The Gamecube version has producer interviews while the PS2 version features episodes from the Megaman cartoon series. I'll be going Gmaecube myself. Some areas in previous Megaman titles that had slowdown no longer have that slowdown. I'm also going to grab the GBA version to get the original Gameboy Megaman games on one cart.

Oh.... hmmmm... perhaps I'll reconsider.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I'm curious to know if the porting of MM8 will be more true to the Saturn or Playstation version. I'd like very much to face Cutman and Woodman in 32bit. Of couse, that'd mean reconsidering purchacing BeefJerky's Saturn MM8.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Whats the release date? i want to grab this for my cube!
Ive been looking forward to it since i first heard about it 7-8 months ago.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
The Wal-Mart in town has it listed for July 24th I beleive.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
According to any release I see it's listed as June 22nd. With the Gameboy versions to release on GBA in around August. Capcom USA has the game both Gamecube and PS2 versions listed as June with the GBA Gameboy Collection listed simply as Fall.

I don't know which version of Megaman 8 is included, I hope it's the Saturn version as well. But knowing Capcom it will be the PSOne version, can let a perfectly good collection disc be to good after all. Write in and ask them about it, as far as I know they haven't told anyone (press and such). Maybe it is the Saturn version, it would be a nice suprise.

I checked Capcom Japan, they don't have it listed in either the Playstation 2 or Gamecube Line-ups. The only Megaman listings there are X7, X8, Command Mission, EXE Network Transmission, and Power Battles (both the Power Battle arcades games are being release on PS2, don't know why if they could just release Megaman Collection with them). I do know there are other Megaman Collection disc on PSOne however that are 1-8. So perhaps they have choosen not to release the title in Japan? I certainly couldn't find it listed.

Last edited:

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Strangely enough, I found the MegaMan X Command Mission listed as a US release in the US. Kinda' neat, as I thought it wouldn't see the light of day outside of Japan.

It'd be nice to know if perhaps they combined the best of both MegaMan 8 releases. But yeah, it'll probably be the PSOne release. But we can hope for the Saturn.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
KagerouSama said:
Strangely enough, I found the MegaMan X Command Mission listed as a US release in the US. Kinda' neat, as I thought it wouldn't see the light of day outside of Japan.

It'd be nice to know if perhaps they combined the best of both MegaMan 8 releases. But yeah, it'll probably be the PSOne release. But we can hope for the Saturn.

Yeah, Command Mission looks really cool. I think the screens on GameSpot are in English, which is a good sign that it's coming over.

As for MMAC, looks great but I'd love to play 1-8 with updated graphics. I don't think it would have been that hard to do. Also, I wish to hell Megaman & Bass would be on there as well. Best Megaman ever (aside from X series)

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I too wish Megaman and Bass was included, but I figured it wouldn't be since the game saw a somewhat recent release on the GBA platform. With a little extra money and the aid of a GB Player however, you could play all the original Megaman games on Gamecube. Unless you count those weird spin off titles like Megaman Soccer, Racing, Adventure (Safari kind of thing), and monopoly parody.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I'm getting it for the Cube for sure. It's going to be very awesome and worth the money for sure.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
IoriYagami n8 said:
I've been looking forward to the Game Boy Advance version (of Mega Man Anniversary Collection) of the Game Boy Mega Man games the most right now! The compilation for GCN and PS2 will be great as well!

Youkai

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah I'm disappointed Megaman and Bass is not on the collection. But I can understand why. They would have to take the Super Famicom cartridge instead of GBA and translate the script from that. That would've made the wait even longer.

BTW Gekiga, who is that woman in your av and sig? Got teh crushxorz?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Meh, I have the roms of all of the, and could go buy the originals that arent ports of the PSX re-releases.

So fuck Capcom, they get no more money from me until they discontinue the EXE series.

Youkai

Hardened Shock Trooper
Fraid it's gonna get worse. I heard Megaman is about to jump on the Pokemon/Yu Gi Oh bandwagon.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Youkai said:
Fraid it's gonna get worse. I heard Megaman is about to jump on the Pokemon/Yu Gi Oh bandwagon.

It already did. There are like 5 Battle Network games, a TV show, all kinds of garbage.

The first one was kind of ok, but the idea got old reall really fast.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Youkai said:
BTW Gekiga, who is that woman in your av and sig? Got teh crushxorz?
She's the lead singer of The Sounds, her name is Maja Ivarsson. They're a pretty cool new wave/alternative/rock band.

I think I do have a crush on her, I got to meet her in person and she's sooooo awesome! She's polite to others and she is very beautiful not to mention she also has a good taste in music. ;)

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
mdog said:
The music for Magnetman's stage from Megaman 3 is still in my head. :glee:
OH YEAH!!! Best Megaman stage tune ever!!!! I have the midi version of it.... :D