SouthTown StreetSweeper
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Japanese Matrimelee Homecart for Sale
SOLD

Here are some scans

matri2

matri

Everything is in like new/mint condition. Only flaw would be some insertation scuffing on the cart (in the picture I circled in red where it is).

Also like most matrimelee carts, this one suffers from the occasional reset glitch. This is apparently caused by too much anti-oxidating fluid on the connectors. You are supposed to be able to clean it away to get rid of the reseting. I never did because I was never bothered all that much by the reseting. But if it bothers you, a quick scrub of the connectors is supposed to do the trick.

Here's my ebay feedback for reference.

I accept paypal or money orders.

PM/Email me if you are interested.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
why don't you just clean it before selling it? Sounds kinda shady to me. If it's such a quick fix, then fix it and then sell it. A quick scrub is too much for you?

People are definitely going to shy away from this deal with that problem unsolved prior to the purchase.

BIG

sony fanboy
Rating - 100%
209   0   0
NGT said:
why don't you just clean it before selling it? Sounds kinda shady to me. If it's such a quick fix, then fix it and then sell it. A quick scrub is too much for you?

People are definitely going to shy away from this deal with that problem unsolved prior to the purchase.

I don't think the "Reset Glitch" has anything to do with the cart.

Rather,the incompatibillity issue might be associated with your AES system,itself,and not the game cartridge,as I,too,have had experienced sound problems/resetting with one of my hi-serial Jp AES decks.

Good luck with your sale.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NGT said:

Didnt realize it looked so "shady." :spock:

I haven't given it a quick scrub because frankly I've never cleaned a cart of mine before and am in no rush to learn for what I consider to be a minor problem.

I dont think you realize how common this glitch is in matrimelee, it would have been nice if you had done a quick search of the forums before posting your first impression. :shame:

A quick search is too much for you? :rolleyes:

Here's a couple links to threads from the search you should have done.

link 1

What I heard was that on some Matrimelee games the coating on the pcb was a little too thick. Give the contacts on the cart a good cleaning and it will work just fine. Mine had the same issue at first but I cleaned it and haven't had a problem since.

link 2

Before returning Matrimelee to its snaplock case, I decided to inspect the cart connectors for any foreign matter. To my surprise there was a sticky reside on the inner-side of the connectors; I was completely perplexed by this. I wiped the connectors clean and to my surprise the frickin' game worked!

Link 3

My copy of Matrimelee reset like crazy the first day I got it, but after cleaning the cart and re-inserting it a few times, the problem went away.

---

To add more detail, the reset glitch in my cart, was worse before, but now after it has been inserted into my system 5 or 6 times, the reset is much more infrequent. So I assume more insertation (i.e. more wiping of the connectors should clear the problem up nearly completely).

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
You still got that AoF 3?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
NGT said:

its a very well known problem that occurs with many matrimelee home-carts

i think the seller is being very honest here

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I think any sale, that between the lines, imo, says "It's such an easy fix, but I am not going to do the easy fix before the sale to make sure that's the problem for sure", is kinda shady.

Yes, it's honest. But people might have doubts no matter how common the problem is. Also, wouldn't it be better if the guy said...

"It had the very common reset glitch, but I cleaned it and it is now fixed for you. I have since played it for 8-10 hours without a single reset glitch."

I know I would feel better about making a $200 purchase, nomatter how many other searches I did with info saying the fix is easy.

If it's so easy, then do it before selling it. It just comes off as someone trying to avoid finding out that it could be something else, even if it's a very good chance that it's not.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just bought two games from thepunisher and they arrived very quickly to the UK,and were as described and very well packed.Buy with confidence in him, top seller i am well pleased. :D :D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I am not saying the guy isn't a good seller, but I am tired of people selling things saying they can be easily fixed....but they wont fix them before selling them, even though "It's SOOOO easy!" like wiping off a part of the board :spock:

I am sorry for spamming up your sales thread. Good luck!

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
NGT said:
I am not saying the guy isn't a good seller, but I am tired of people selling things saying they can be easily fixed....but they wont fix them before selling them, even though "It's SOOOO easy!" like wiping off a part of the board :spock:

I am sorry for spamming up your sales thread. Good luck!

There's nothing shady. The Matrimelee glitch it's a
very very common. It has happened at least twice in
both my US & JP versions. He is even saying that the
cart has the glitch, so that's good for the people
who don't about it.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spike said:
You still got that AoF 3?

sorry spike rudekid got that one

I am not saying the guy isn't a good seller, but I am tired of people selling things saying they can be easily fixed....but they wont fix them before selling them, even though "It's SOOOO easy!" like wiping off a part of the board

i understand your complaint but i think you should look at my post more carefully.

"This is apparently caused by too much anti-oxidating fluid on the connectors. You are supposed to be able to clean it away to get rid of the reseting. I never did because I was never bothered all that much by the reseting. But if it bothers you, a quick scrub of the connectors is supposed to do the trick."

I consistently use the terms apparently and supposed to underscore my personal uncertainty.
So anyway to rebut your complaint I never said that it is a "quick fix" I said it is supposed to be a quick fix.

Your post makes it out like I am 100% sure but just lazy.

I just bought two games from thepunisher and they arrived very quickly to the UK,and were as described and very well packed.Buy with confidence in him, top seller i am well pleased.

Glad to hear you are satisfied. :D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
"I consistently use the terms apparently and supposed to underscore my personal uncertainty. So anyway to rebut your complaint I never said that it is a "quick fix" I said it is supposed to be a quick fix."

True, but the least you can do is try it out, which might take away some of the uncertainty of the condition of the product up for sale. Just a thought.

And Jorge, you missed the point entirely, lol.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Hey...all I have to say is...Id buy this game if I was collecting JPN games. Your MM is a good price no doubt. Good Luck in sales! :)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
You know what, this has actually helped me as I got a brand new copy today and wouldn't you know it had the same problem. I say thanks for the heads up and and solution.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
NGT said:
True, but the least you can do is try it out, which might take away some of the uncertainty of the condition of the product up for sale. Just a thought.

And Jorge, you missed the point entirely, lol.

I may have missed your point, but the thing here is that I can't see anything
wrong with his original post as he actually, clearly explains the common problem
with the game.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with this game. It's just the contact coating from the factory that has been discussed in the tech forums about five hundred times or so.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I may have missed your point, but the thing here is that I can't see anything wrong with his original post as he actually, clearly explains the common problem with the game.

Again, my point is that if the fix is so easy or common, then why not at least try to fix it before you sell it?

The problem I am having with this is, he is saying, "supposedly" there is a quick fix for this or "apparently" this is how it's fixed.

I am not saying that the game is broken or won't be fixed by the wipe-off thing.

What I am saying is, is that he doesn't want to take the responsibility of that not being the fix. So, he won't even wipe the game off for the person he is selling it to, even if there is a 99% chance that it will work perfectly after he wipes it off, just because there might be the slightest possibility that something might happen or something else might be the cause. He's just passing that VERY VERY MINOR risk on to the next guy.

That is what I see as shady. Sorry if you feel different and I hope who ever buys it can fix it with the wipe-off thing. Again, sorry for spamming up your thread. It won't happen again.

Last edited:

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I am saying is, is that he doesn't want to take the responsibility of that not being the fix.

you are putting words in my mouth.

as I said before:

"I haven't given it a quick scrub because frankly I've never cleaned a cart of mine before and am in no rush to learn for what I consider to be a minor problem."

so what I mean is
I feel the probability that I will screw something up when cleaning it is greater than the probability that the glitch is something other than the fluid on the connectors.

drone9

Marked Wolf
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It is pretty sad that this whole argument was started in the first place.
by stating the "flaw" ThePunishers did not arise any suspicion imo. on the contrary.
if he wanted to scam someone, he would have sad nothing at all.
the only thing why some people might shy away from this are statements like:

if people have doubts, they will stay away from this sale anyway. no need for
statements like the above, to scare people away. and it certainly does not sound
like it is meant in a constructive way to help the seller.
but maybe I overestimate how easily people are influenced...
I just feel sorry for ThePunisher because this argument does not really help the sale of his cart.
if it wasn't for customs, I would have bought it without a thought.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, but if you are not buying the cart, then why do you care? I would say 99% of Neogeo items are sold "as is" with a limited time warranty. All we have ever asked anyone to do in this community is to be honest about the flaws.

ThePunisher was honest about the flaws. Let the man sell his cart. Get your own thread.

NGT said:
Again, my point is that if the fix is so easy or common, then why not at least try to fix it before you sell it?

The problem I am having with this is, he is saying, "supposedly" there is a quick fix for this or "apparently" this is how it's fixed.

I am not saying that the game is broken or won't be fixed by the wipe-off thing.

What I am saying is, is that he doesn't want to take the responsibility of that not being the fix. So, he won't even wipe the game off for the person he is selling it to, even if there is a 99% chance that it will work perfectly after he wipes it off, just because there might be the slightest possibility that something might happen or something else might be the cause. He's just passing that VERY VERY MINOR risk on to the next guy.

That is what I see as shady. Sorry if you feel different and I hope who ever buys it can fix it with the wipe-off thing. Again, sorry for spamming up your thread. It won't happen again.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Sorry to bump up a thread that has harnassed little intrest, at least in terms of selling.
But this will be the last bump. If no one is interested in this game for 140 dollars, it will be up on EBAY, and I will stop bothering everyone here.