Matrimelee insert preview (color)

Cole

Kin Cle, ,
Shawn:
Cole:
I dunno, the meg count placement just annoys the hell out of me. I don't really mind the battle action game thing too much, but leaving it in it looked crowded.
Cole, thanks for your suggestions. I agree that your alterations provide a more uniform look with the SNK era inserts, but this current layout really does serve a purpose.

The red SUN logo looks better on a black background and gives the appearance of a deeper red. Plus, the “Battle Action Game” label helps this title match with the rest of the Playmore releases, which all displayed a genre label on the spine. In fact, if you compare to the previous post SNK releases, Playmore maintains a consistent layout with Matrimelee by simply replacing the screenshot with the meg count. In doing so, all of the Playmore home releases will still line up appropriately.

I suppose it's a matter of preference. We could always start another poll to see what the majority of the fans prefer.
Shawn, thanks for addressing this issue so quickly.

I agree that the SUN logo looks MUCH better on a black background, that was merely a crude mock up of how the insert could look better/more uniform with a minimal amount of effort.

While the 'battle action game' label does help it look more uniform with the post SNK releases I agree.. But I've said it many times I think the recent inserts should be redone. I know that this maintains the Playmore design, but we have like 100 SNK releases and 4-5 Playmore.. I think it comes down to 'strength in numbers' in this case.

Yes it is a matter of preference.. In 10 years will we display our Playmore era english Neo games on a different shelf because they look different or will they mix in nicely with all the rest? Hmmmm....

I also saw the poll which has been put up I will post there in a minute..

<small>[ April 23, 2003, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Cole ]</small>

slerch666

updyke,
Now that it's in full color, that insert looks f'ing SWEET. Makes me ALMOST wish I bought NGH carts instead of MVS... almost.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Murata Range's art is already worth the whole cart period! :)

Plus, the game seems really interesting!

This release is surely not to be missed. drool_2

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
Really beautifull insert! drool_2
That's the kind of things that I miss most from my AES-collecting times: the AES cases and inserts are freaking sweet!
Anyway, the flyers and marquees of the MVS kit will be great too for sure.

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
OMG!1!!!!1 eek!

Best insert ever! Or one of the best ones wink

Shawn, you have a buyer here! :D

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I agree. The insert looks great. I'm definatly gonna get my pre-order in soon. Now if we could just find out how many US carts are gonna be made?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
The insert looks very nice, but as a gamer first and foremost, I want to give this sucker a run before I dump $300+. If it plays a lot like RotD it's probably not for me.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
FANTASTIC insert, and its nice to FINALLY see the meg count back!! I'll be picking this cart up for sure, and I REALLY hope that we see SSV and MS5 (home carts) in the near future as well!! Thanks a lot for the early preview! :)

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Score one for playmore.

Beautiful insert.

THE MEG COUNT RETURNS!

:)

It looks really good actually, i'm very impressed. Does anyone have a pic of the the Jap version? Is it pretty much the same?