Match videos

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
There's some good matches in Art Of Fighting Database, site I'm member. It's from a KOF 2002 tornament realized in São Paulo, Brazil.

These matches was posted and comented by Remukhan in Cyberfanatics too.

High level players, high level matches.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:
The program doesn't seem to work for me, it keeps giving me a missing file error, yet I have all the files for it.

delete it and then reinstall it. Every now and then crap like that happens. Once you get it up and running you'll be hooked.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love direct connect! I got the 3 parts of the Japan 5 on 5 Third Strike tourney (50min a piece!)

Right now I'm waiting for StrongBad to come back on so I can get the rest of part 3 (stopped at around fucking 95%). It sucks though, because the waits can be long.... very.... long...

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Takumaji said:
Fran, what about those Italian guys over at emuita and their vids? They had some very nice motw ones albeit only crazy practise mode stuff with lotsa infinites/100%, no real matches IIRC.

Some of those guys are members here as well, perhaps they have links to a bunch of nice videos.

We've been discussing about it, nothing too concrete so far.

Baratoz is going to upload some Twinkle Star Stripes match videos soon, while we've asked Son Goten, Fran and the other resident experts to recover\record some '98 and Garou material.
Don't hold your breath, tough.

In the meanwhile, bookmark this and cross your fingers.

Links? Try here...

BTW, there's recently been a Capcom-based tournament in Bologna...they've been talking about incoming footage, i'll let you know.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
please recover some of the classic 98 stuff. OMG, thats just the greatest.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
You must let me know if you get in any Garou or KOF 98 vids.

I've recently gotten into making videos of my friend and I playing MOTW. We arent really good or anything but hold our own within our circle of friends.

What I'd like to do, is send someone a couple videos of MOTW, and someone here on this site give me some feedback on my fighting ability/style, and perhaps offer some suggestions to help me better my game.

If you are interested in some amateur MOTW vids, whether to have for the sake of seeing new videos, or if you wouldn't mind judging/schooling me on them, I'd be happy to send them to you. Just PM me.

I really want to get better at 2D fighters, for the sake of personal besting. I know many of you are hardcore and damn good at these games, so I'm sorta just extending this request to those who know. :drool:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Stephane said:
Master Giby i dont know if you have read this thread :

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81522

i hope you will like this videos !

I have been looking for these videos for a month or so now, I forgot where I had seen them. They are pretty cool, Thanks.

I'm also interested in watching vids, they help me put into perspective where I need be if I want to play competitively once I move to Japan.

That Kizuna Encounter video is awesome, to say the least:buttrock:

RisingKnuckle

New Challenger
I have about 3 gigs of fighter related videos and am willing to trade with people over DC++

Last edited:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I just got the package from SonGohan yesterday, and I still have a mean ass boner from those vids, most of those 3rd Strike vids were played at the arcade I used to go to when I was younger and it had 0 competition. Somne of the vids were low quality, but that didn't mean a damn thing, the fights were badass, thanks SonGohan.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
No prob dude. Sorry I couldn't give you the variety you wanted. It's hard to find match vids for games other than the main Capcom fighters and KOF :(

Some of those Third Strike vids are SICK though. So much fucking insane shit going on it makes my head spin.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Serously arent there any good sites that hosts videos?
All of these crap sites have been programed by morons
and links go to fileplanet and other slow as shite sites!
My friend has a webserver he could host them, just puting the goddamn
files there without you having to have to download a bunch of crap and
registering yourself to a lifetime of spam mail.
Damn makes me mad. Searching for vids like these allways turns up the same
places. One of the sites someone recomended, the video where actually downloadble but the quality was like watching vomit runing down the screen.

I have Direct Connect and I´ll try my chances there, but finding good hubs with people with good stuff is hard. Esp SNK Neo Geo stuff, people have a ton of quake and CS vids and other crap!

Robert

20 Year Member
I have searched for a while on the web some videos of oldschool fighting games but I have never found what I wanted. I have searched SS2, AOF2, FFS videos but never found a single one.

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
I have a bunch of 2k3 vids, all of em from a japanese site. Crazy Duo Lon I tell you. dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, hcb+p, dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, rdp+d, rdp+b, jump C. Sick. And the players always get the combos down, like Shen C, qcf+bc tag attack he connects it all the time.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
valenti said:
I have a bunch of 2k3 vids, all of em from a japanese site. Crazy Duo Lon I tell you. dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, hcb+p, dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, rdp+d, rdp+b, jump C. Sick. And the players always get the combos down, like Shen C, qcf+bc tag attack he connects it all the time.

Have you got a link to that site? :eye: :cool: :eye:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Yeah, I'd like to see this insane Duo Lon after hearing about it for so many months.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Master Giby said:
Yeah, I'd like to see this insane Duo Lon after hearing about it for so many months.

Personally, I think all the hate for Duo Lon is a bunch of crap. I hear he has a cheap ass LDM, but I don't use him as my leader. You hear lots about infinites, but I haven't seen any yet. I'd like to see someone who's decent with him.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
WOW!

i have been playing neo geo for 6 years now and i have never heard of videos. is there anyway i could get some of you fellas to burn me some videos. i would be interested in any game you may have vids of.

what i really want though is that korean tournament video. where can i see that??

firebomber

Astra Superstar
snesaes said:
Personally, I think all the hate for Duo Lon is a bunch of crap. I hear he has a cheap ass LDM, but I don't use him as my leader. You hear lots about infinites, but I haven't seen any yet. I'd like to see someone who's decent with him.

Come on down to the tourney at Pinball pete's in Ann Arbor on saturday and I'll show you :cool: He is cheap but not because of the LDM. It's much better to use someone else as your leader so you can tag into it with duo's combos. The timing for the infinate is kinda hard so it's not something to rely on, but with 3 stocks and Iori you can go into his infinate off of duo's command grab.

valenti said:
Crazy Duo Lon I tell you. dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, hcb+p, dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, rdp+d, rdp+b, jump C.
Valenti, I don't see how that combo with Duo is possible... You can't link two rdp+k's off of the qcf+p,f+b,qcb+p.

edit: did some testing and it works in the corner only but a bit differently. cB, qcf+P, f+B, qcb+P, dB, qcf+P, f+B, dp+B, rdp+B, jump C (or B, D)
Wicked...

We'll be recording some match vids at the pete's tournament. I'll post links in this thread once I get them uploaded next week.

Last edited:

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Some 3rd Strike and LB2 tournament videos

Someone posted this site earlier in the thread, but in case anyone out there was interested:

http://www.denjinvideo.com/dv-extras.html

They just posted some videos from a Japanese SF3:3S tournament held earlier this month. Even though I have almost no SF3 experience (or maybe because of it), I was pretty impressed by the skills these guys displayed. Check it out if you're a fan of the series.

P.S. - these guys even have their own play-by-play announcer at the
tournament! :D

[edit] Oh, and just came across this link someone posted over on SRK:

http://www.a-cho.com/

Go to the bottom of the page for 10 LB2 tourney vids (there's also some KOF2K2 videos if anyone's interested as well)

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Wow, a video of Duo Lon being cheap? More so than usual? I gotta see this.

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
firebomber said:
Valenti, I don't see how that combo with Duo is possible... You can't link two rdp+k's off of the qcf+p,f+b,qcb+p.
Nope. The reason why you aren't getting it is because you are too close to the opponent. When you are doing the qcf+p, fwd+b, hcb+p, you move quite a distance away from the opponent; this allows you to connect that rdp+d. Another reason is that you are probably doing the rdp+b too early. Wait a bit before you release the second rdp+k. If you want to test out in just getting the rdp+d to connect, then move the farthest distance possible and do that dwn b, qcf+p, fwd+b, rdp+d, rdp+b, jump C. Mind you, there will be times when the jump C wont connect.

BTW, notice you have to use D and B respectively.

Heh I tested out if Duo Lon's infinite is 100%..nope, but pretty close :P