Mario Pinball Game?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
lol,I thought you were referring to the gba game SuperMarioBall.
I have seen the pinball machine but never played it i think.

arakissun

Overtop Pathfinder
If you want to try the pinball just get Visual PinMAME and download the rom+table files.If you like it,buy it:).I think the price is good,and the pinball machine is good too

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Nice to see somebody has a better video of it then my old one with my first digital camera. He just needs to go slow down, he was going WAY too fast with the camera.

There's two Mario machines, Mushroom World's for the kiddies, but they have legs that extend up to normal height and then there's just Super Mario Brothers.

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mario&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2435

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mario&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#3427

As you saw from the video, Mushroom World is really simple, it's for the kiddies. The biggest problem is every place I played it at was in the kids section and the poor thing was destroyed. The flippers are always weaker then shit and you can never make the left ramp shot.

I can't really say much on the normal Mario table. I only played it as a kid and I would have told you back then it was the greatest table of all time just because it had Mario in it. I just remember the sounds getting really annoying and there's a spinning castle.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think I played the one you are looking at when I was a kid at the local Chucke Chesse's, and I have played the full size version a few times as well.

The full size version I would probably pick up for the right price, I can see the game getting rather stale over time. The game I played recently also isn't in the best shape, which for me at least, can really ruin the experience.

Dennis

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I don't have the money to pick it up right now. $800 is a little steep for a novelty machine. It would be cool to check it out though. The closest I have ever seen to anything like it is a Baby Pacman machine I saw at a guy's house a loooong time ago. Pins would be cool to collect but they are a little out of my price range. It was an achievement to get the one mvs-u4 cab I have, let alone pinball machines. Hopefully I will find a good deal on a newer pin.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think that it easily goes for twice that.... Better check tho...

Only 500 or so made... And there are easily three times that many mario collectors out there.

SSS

neo retired
AVOID AVOID AVOID. I had one of these about 4 or 5 months ago. Sold it for 650. Like others have said, it's a novelty item. Only get it if you must have every thing mario. Gottlieb did make a full size mario games as well. As a pinball mushroom world sucks. There is no outlanes. Only way to drain the ball is down the middle. Small playfield, 1 ramp, 2 video modes that get old after about the 5th time play 2 sets of drop targets, rule set annoyingly simple. If you're going to drop 800 on a pin, you could get a real one.

smbpin.jpg

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
For my first pin, I would want either the original Simpsons or Terminator 2. I had a lot of phone with those in the 90s. Any idea how much those go for currently ?

SSS

neo retired
Mid teens if you know where to look. Check pinball classifieds and craigslist.

For my first pin, I would want either the original Simpsons or Terminator 2. I had a lot of phone with those in the 90s. Any idea how much those go for currently ?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Mid teens if you know where to look. Check pinball classifieds and craigslist.

I find auctions on ebay do pretty well for those types also.

AVOID AVOID AVOID. I had one of these about 4 or 5 months ago. Sold it for 650. Like others have said, it's a novelty item. Only get it if you must have every thing mario. Gottlieb did make a full size mario games as well. As a pinball mushroom world sucks. There is no outlanes. Only way to drain the ball is down the middle. Small playfield, 1 ramp, 2 video modes that get old after about the 5th time play 2 sets of drop targets, rule set annoyingly simple. If you're going to drop 800 on a pin, you could get a real one.

smbpin.jpg

I guess it would be good if you had kids or something.