Mario Kart DS Matchups and results chat

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
IoriYagami n8 said:
What was up with all the lag? Anyway, it was a good match, it's a shame my second round come back got cut short. :p

I saw you back on there (I assume it was you) and was trying to connect but it wouldn't work, just kept searching and would never seem to find you, even though it showed you were searching too. What the hell?

Yeah the lag was pretty bad. I just played kernow. Tied once and i won. I think ti flashes when you are searching and just comes on when somebody is logged in. Not totally sure though.

Im still on for anybody who wants to play. Getting drunk too.. :P

Drinking and driving is dangerous and costly to your win ratio! :P

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Yeah, it was flashing. I've had that problem once before with someone at Magic Box, but he said it was his router or something. I guess if the NWFC is busy or something that it just has a hard time matching people up.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
Yeah the lag was pretty bad. I just played kernow. Tied once and i won. I think ti flashes when you are searching and just comes on when somebody is logged in. Not totally sure though.

Im still on for anybody who wants to play. Getting drunk too.. :P

Drinking and driving is dangerous and costly to your win ratio! :P

:(

good games man

bulletnyourass

noble trader
If anyone has added my friend code to their list, I am on now and wouldnt mind playing a few rounds.

Phillip

Last edited:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I need to practice a LOT more. Wizzie owned me on this. How do you get the boost at the beginning of the match?

Phillip

wizkid007

20 Year Member
GG mans. Have you gotten the extra carts yet? They really help your game. Just need some online practice and you will be good to go! :)

I have to go eat. Im kinda drunk and have to do something to soak up some of the excess alcohol. Back later if you want to play.

Thx

Chris

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
I need to practice a LOT more. Wizzie owned me on this. How do you get the boost at the beginning of the match?

Phillip

Just when you start to see the number 2 start to dissapate. Press the accelerator. Then zoom your off!

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Sorry kernow.. Im not sure if the first disconnect was me or you but i believe the second time it was you as i was still connected. Im going to go reset you my router and let it cool down as it has been plugged in for a few days.

If you want to play later ill be on. :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yeah, my modem keeps dying every few hours today

when i unplug it its fine for another few hours - odd

I can't ever , ever seem to get a game with nesagwa working either, it even has stats saying we've played in the records, but it just auto-disconnects us both at the same time instead of matching us up.

the little blue guy is cool though, I was in a random worldwide match, saw the blue guy, dropped the match, and searched for friends and found you! - wicked

least that works

wizkid007

20 Year Member
kernow said:
yeah, my modem keeps dying every few hours today

when i unplug it its fine for another few hours - odd

I can't ever , ever seem to get a game with nesagwa working either, it even has stats saying we've played in the records, but it just auto-disconnects us both at the same time instead of matching us up.

the little blue guy is cool though, I was in a random worldwide match, saw the blue guy, dropped the match, and searched for friends and found you! - wicked

least that works

Yeah my router drops, I believe it is a buffer problem, they should release a firm ware update that has a internal timer that asks you to clear the buffer ever few hours. I usually factory reset it, and leave it unplugged before i play. Seems to help for about 5-6 hours before it happens again. I can still surf but cant play online it seems. At least i know how to diagnose the problem. Ive been playing around with the router settings and im going to try and dedicate the signal to one antenna. See if that works. What router you using? I got a linksys.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
Yeah my router drops, I believe it is a buffer problem, they should release a firm ware update that has a internal timer that asks you to clear the buffer ever few hours. I usually factory reset it, and leave it unplugged before i play. Seems to help for about 5-6 hours before it happens again. I can still surf but cant play online it seems. At least i know how to diagnose the problem. Ive been playing around with the router settings and im going to try and dedicate the signal to one antenna. See if that works. What router you using? I got a linksys.

if you look on the nintendo official recommended routers list, linksys are .. meh , alright, and the belkin one I have is 0/5 stars for completely unsupported. .I haxed it though and now it works completely fine, its not the wifi access point itself, but my cable modem needs a reset every 12 hours recently else my ping times to google end up over 2seconds, I might see if I can get a replacement, bah ..

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Bulletnyourass said:

Phillip

you gotta press the gas as soon as the 2 dissapears.thats how i do it at least.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
You blew me away at the first set of match but I did a little better at Delfino Square. I don't get it - I use the shoulder buttons for turns and know how to do the power slide where you take a corner, press shoulders, and then alternate right and left while your wheels turn colors for a boost, but I'm still left in the dust. What am I doing wrong?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Anybody up and want to play? I'll only be up for a little while longer...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Man, that match with YOu, Kernow and I in Delfino was intense. I was tailing both you of, when right at the end I got the gold mushroom and just barely edged you guys out. Good times.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
great games guys

I'm slowly getting owned more and more lols my record suckks
:annoyed:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
kernow said:
great games guys

I'm slowly getting owned more and more lols my record suckks
:annoyed:

Your getting better kernow. I think you just jumped right on to online games.

I got all the unlockables first and got some practice. Did all the missions too. So your learning and losing a few more. Who cares. Its fun.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
Your getting better kernow. I think you just jumped right on to online games..

hehe, been playing quake online since 1996 but ok :p