Mario Hoops 3-on-3

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0wv0ImcCo

Also there is apparently a team of Red Mage, Black Mage, Cactuar, White Mage, and a Moogle for the Square-Enix side (They developed the game for Nintendo).

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Didi, Bowser Jr., Bowser are what they have so far for the Nintendo side.

There is another third character page that they havent shown yet, so theres alot more to come.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ab3j/character/index.html

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
Can't wait to try this one out. :buttrock:
I'm glad that they decided to go with the classic FF characters instead of retards like Cloud and Sephiroth. Although I did see a funny article on 1up about that, lol.

b2d04075.jpg

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
ShyningFade said:
Can't wait to try this one out. :buttrock:
I'm glad that they decided to go with the classic FF characters instead of retards like Cloud and Sephiroth. Although I did see a funny article on 1up about that, lol.

b2d04075.jpg

How is that funny?

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Tom Wopat said:
This looks stupid, Nesagwa.

Goddamn.

While I'll probably buy this because every past Mario sports title has been good, I really fucking hate how Square whores out their characters now. First Kingdom Hearts, now this. Prepare for the worst, "Rikku goes shopping!" is right around the corner.

TylerDurden6282

Armored Scrum Object
GeoStigma said:
While I'll probably buy this because every past Mario sports title has been good, I really fucking hate how Square whores out their characters now. First Kingdom Hearts, now this. Prepare for the worst, "Rikku goes shopping!" is right around the corner.

:kekeke:

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I picked this up the other day. It is a pretty funy game, but I would like to have seen worldwide wifi support, instead of only ad hoc local. Graphics are beautiful; some of the best so far on the DS. The game is not like traditional basketball, as here you basically collect coins, then bank them when you score. As a result, you get outrageous point totals usually in the 200-300 range. There are also the normal gambit of Mario Kart power ups that can be used to knock your opponent down and such.

I really enjoyed the game, but I am not a fan of the control scheme, which will probably be the reason why I will stop playing it soon. Basically, you use the stylus to do everthing except move the character. For a right-handed person this would not be too much of an issue because you use your left hand to use the directional pad in tradition fashion. However for south paws, like myself, you have to use the A,B,W,Y buttons as a direction pad with your right hand, while using the styalus in your left hand which makes it somewhat difficult and frustrating to move diagonally. The good news is that there is a feature where you can map most of the moves onto the buttons, and control the game in the traditional manner. This is how I have been playing the game, and find it much more enjoyable this way. The only thing you need to use the stylus for in this mode, is to execute each character special move (perfomed by touching certain areas of the touch screen to form letters and symbols like "M" and "D" and such). Anyway, aside from the control scheme, this is another quality DS title which pushes the graphics theshold of the DS farther, and is another reason why the DS continues to dominate. Hope this helped.