Mans best friend thread.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Seems every time someone's dog is spotted on here all the dog owners give a load of interest, so I thought it would be good to see what dogs we all have. Here's my boy, Belushi. (Named after John) 11 years old now and still a madman.

542556B8-8C51-4950-B9A4-37FD2A5312C1_zpsgksu7vhc.jpg

Wandering round the loch next to our house recently.

F823CEF4-41C9-47AD-A305-18115F9CFAD9_zps10igzttn.jpg

And as he is right now, as I've managed to wear him out today!

657DBFB9-5AD5-47B6-B894-3DEE966F5555_zpsuq9bvzms.jpg

Let's see everyone else's!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Here are my jerks:

L to R: Trebeck, Cornell, and Thayil. (i like soundgarden)
1kPqITZ.jpg

Trebeck and Thayil were pals.
Pd6mwCE.jpg

Cornell is 15 now. This was like 5 years back.
4XatHvI.jpg

Trebeck is 10.
yoO7QRb.jpg

We do a lot of fostering and Gus came in right when we had to put thayil down (she was almost 14) and, well he sort of fit into the pack well so we kept him. he's about 15 months old now.

fKGCZ3X.png

Thems my dogs.

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Awesome cdamm, all great looking dogs, but Trebeck is my favourite!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Awesome cdamm, all great looking dogs.

they're all jerks. and they ruin couches.

here is a couple more-

gus was with us for about 3 weeks when we had to put thayil down. for about a week he just laid in the middle of her bed. he was 9 or 10 weeks old at the time.

FcJBerJ.jpg

For obedience school, we were working on 'impulse control' which involved putting delicious things in front of the dogs and having them not eat it. Gus won an award for 'best impulse control' for this pic.. treats, bones, greenies, and a whole prime rib roast not eaten.

WU0xVlL.jpg

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
As soon as I get home from work, and if I remember, I will post my three dogs. Two little maltese mixes that think they're big dogs, and one grumpy old bitch that hates them.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
My dog would have a nervous breakdown if he was surrounded by all those treats! :D

I think this is about the only pic I have of him looking like he was doing what he was told -

ed2c3e0a6b4e582455ca8878b0d76ca9_zpspyd3yj7a.jpg

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My phone has a horrible camera, but here there are
hi0Thgu.jpg

uQH3yVo.jpg

Top left: Bella. She's older (she was grown when my aunt rescued her from an abusive home, then when she moved somewhere that didn't allow pets she ended up with us). It took her about a year to start to trust us but now she's super sweet, except she fucking hates the little dogs. She has an old front leg injury from her older owner, and sometimes she limps a little bit. Usually when it's cold. But when she gets in trouble, she immediately starts playing up the limp. She'll go from running full speed with no limp, then she knocks over a trash can and gets yelled at and is suddenly limping and crying.

Top right: Chewy. He's a little fucker. Always rowdy, always growling or barking, always wants to play and/or fight. Whenever he meets another dog that tries to bluff him with a growl, he immediately jumps on their heads and starts biting. He's got a lot of attitude. I like the little bastard.

Bottom: Sparky. He's rowdy too, but he scares easily and is much more sweet than Chewy. He likes to sit on the back of the couch and rest his front paws and chin on your shoulder. It's annoying but he's super persistent.

As far as we know they're five years old and brothers. Got them in October, from a shelter. They seem more puppy-like but the paperwork says five.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Cat Empire > dergs

I grew up with dogs, but I live in the city. I aint picking up no dog shit.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
This is Jethro, our Chiweenie (Chihuahua & Dachsund mix, a breed that's sometimes known as the "German Taco"). He's small, but he's a psychopath and barks at everything. This short-haired breed is definitely not made for our nasty Michigan winters, which is why he usually has to have a shirt on like these to keep from freezing his balls off when he goes outside:

jethro1.jpg

jethro2.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
South Korean Pet Dog:

Chicken-Kabab.jpg

xROTx

PS. At least you don't have to walk it...

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Here's a pic of my dogs. Chloe is a Cane Corso tipping the scales at 159lbs. The other is Angus, my English Bulldog when we first brought him home. IMG_3453.JPG

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Wow, never heard of a Cane Corso, she's a bit of a monster. Must be a nightmare if she ever makes a dive for something while on leash! (My dog is only 80lbs but a powerhouse) Looks to be a very similar colouring to my Weimaraner. English bulldogs have brilliant faces.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Heres my Dachshund Cecil (final fantasy IV) Hes around 8 years old. Loves people, hates other animals. He had to get back surgery a few years back. Its pretty common in this breed. Expensive as shit, but hes a member of our family, and even though he can be annoying as fuck, I love him to death

cecil sleeping.jpgcecil and I chillin.jpg

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
South Korean Pet Dog:

Chicken-Kabab.jpg

xROTx

PS. At least you don't have to walk it...

No, you have to wok it. :keke:

Heres my Dachshund Cecil (final fantasy IV) Hes around 8 years old. Loves people, hates other animals. He had to get back surgery a few years back. Its pretty common in this breed. Expensive as shit, but hes a member of our family, and even though he can be annoying as fuck, I love him to death

View attachment 43317View attachment 43318

Haha, cute dog.

My great uncle, ironically named Cecil, had a Dachshund named Penny. She was named for her perfect copper colored hair. And she was a real bitch, lol. Meanest dog I've ever seen, she hated everyone except my great uncle and would snarl all the time. Crazy mutt :lolz:

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Here's my Lurcher, Milo...

And our Italian Greyhound, Atticus...

We re-homed them both. Milo had been mistreated and ended up with a company that re-homes dogs, and Atticus used to be a show dog but was too nervous so they got rid of him.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Here's a few pic's of my two.
Cindy's a ridgeback and daisy's a great dane.

20170225_214758.jpg
20170226_175353.jpg
20170226_203155.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This is Lucy. She is a Morkie and almost 2 years old. Weighs about 9 pounds.

IMG_0017.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Jasper, 4-year-old-ish Catahoula mix.

His name is fitting, as he was a rescue from Alabama and has no teeth like an old gold prospector. The way he eats you wouldn't know it, tho.

You don't realize how important teeth are to keeping the tounge in on dogs until you see one with none.

IMG_20160723_093117679.jpg

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
IMG_20161220_183114158_TOP~01.jpg

This is Freja and Molly my border collies.

IMG_20161217_174900756_HDR~01.jpg

This is Molly she is a 13 yod bitch. And the best mutt i have ever had. My first daughter.

IMG_20161217_174932298~01.jpg

This is Freja. She is a 2 yod pure bred with a great lineage and an amazingly smart dog, even though she acts like a damn cat sometimes...