mame arcade cabinet question

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
a friend of mine really wants to get a hold of a mame arcade cabinet. he lives in vancouver. I really don't know very much about this set up but I remember seeing one encased in a nice white shell maybe 6 months back selling for like 500. it was that sort of japanese plastic shell style that the sega arcade systems often used in the 90s. my friend is pretty set on getting a white plastic shelled one. any ideas on where to find such things would be greatly appreciated

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Go ask the guys that run the arcade in the metrotown mall (not the old part, johnny whatever it was). They have 10+ candy cabs running newer games. Haven't seen any on craigslist ... but there are a lot of other games (and neogeo cabs) listed right now.

And I'm pretty sure this thread is in the wrong section...

clutch

Geese's Thug
Pretty generic question. Google candy cabs, astro city, blast city, egret, etc... Get a decent desktop with xp on it. Load it up with mame. Connect to candy cab via the jamma harness and a jpac from ultimarc.com

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
cool, thanks for the search terms, I basically just didn't really know the name of what I was looking for lol