Make headphones louder in windows 10

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I got a pair of bluetooth headphones for christmas, all seems good but they're just not as loud as my last headphones.

Is there any way in windows 10 that I can boost the volume a bit? I used to know a few tricks on older windows but can't get them working now.

There's a chance these earphones won't leave me deaf by 40 so obviously something needs to be done.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If they are bluetooth it's usually dependent on the amp inside the headphones themselves if the volume on your computer is all the way up. If your PC has a built in audio mixer, it might be low.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Not the best of a technical reply here, but some programs can help the audio go past 100 percent as well. I think the VLC media player can go to like 140 percent for volume if I recall.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
You see, most blokes, you know, will be listening at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your cans. Where can you go from there? Where?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You see, most blokes, you know, will be listening at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your cans. Where can you go from there? Where?

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If they are bluetooth it's usually dependent on the amp inside the headphones themselves if the volume on your computer is all the way up. If your PC has a built in audio mixer, it might be low.

Sorry to those who responded that I haven't followed up with any kind of news on this - I kind of figure Xi is right and they are what they are, I'll learn to live with it and hopefully be thankful when I'm an old man who can still hear.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sorry to those who responded that I haven't followed up with any kind of news on this - I kind of figure Xi is right and they are what they are, I'll learn to live with it and hopefully be thankful when I'm an old man who can still hear.

I'm pretty sure by the time we are very old men, we won't want to hear what anyone is saying anyway.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This panda better get the fuck off my lawn.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Make sure your audio drivers don't have "night mode" or similar enabled, which limits system volume. That's all I can think of.