Magician Lord question.

Lord of Magic

Overtop Pathfinder
I just bought Magician Lord AES. Im not sure what version it is, but all the text on the back is in English.

Its says NEO.AEP/NGH-005 on the back of the box

When I play it, the crazy whacked out speech is in Japanese I beleive. I was hoping that it was in English, because that is the best thing about this game lol.

Anyway, Im playing this on a Japanese machine, but I seem to remember it always had speech in English regardless.

How do I go about getting this game to output english speech, do I have to buy a US cart? I always thought it output English regardless.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
hmmm, how could you understand that guy? the wacked out speech alwys sounded like mumbles to me. :make_fac:

If you want the text to be in English you will need an english machine, as it doesn't matter what cart you have, it will play in the language the system is set to.

Lord of Magic

Overtop Pathfinder
Yeah, he is kind of hard to understand.

"YOUR ARE VERY DANGEROUS. BE DEAD DOWN HERE" :kekeke:

Its weird because I seem to remember owning this game ages ago on a Japanese AES, could have sworn it was in English...oh well.

Cheers anyway.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Lord of Magic said:
Yeah, he is kind of hard to understand.

"YOUR ARE VERY DANGEROUS. BE DEAD DOWN HERE" :kekeke:

Its weird because I seem to remember owning this game ages ago on a Japanese AES, could have sworn it was in English...oh well.

Cheers anyway.
If you want to play it in English have a "UniBios 2.0" install.
In your AES and that will take care, of your problem in no time flat :glee:

http://www.universebios.com

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
"That power is powerless in our presence!" :kekeke:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Magician Lord...hmmm.......
A truely masterpiece to show the power of Neo Geo and 2D game.

What a good memory I have in the early 90's

I still haven't beaten the game though...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Magician Lord was actually my first SNK game, I believe. I still remember being at the bowling alley and having tons of fun with it..pretty dang hard, from what I remember.

Kind of a shame that the only side-scrolling action games SNK puts out now is the Metal Slug series.