Magical Drop 3 - Worthy Purchase?

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I have Magical Drop 2... I enjoy it.

Is Magical Drop 3 a worthy purchase or a simply graphical update... and that's about it?

Thanks!

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Chaining is easier to do in MD3, leading to a more frantic and IMO much more satisfying game. You can just chain and chain and chain once you get the hang of it and it's very zen like. I like MD3 quite a bit more than MD2.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I played MD2 on an emulator for a while. Eventually, I picked up MD3 (MVS)...and it's a far superior game.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I just recently picked up MD2 myself and it looks like a cool game so far. Shame about MD3 being so much more of a well received game...Buyer's remorse is a bitch. But then again, collector's syndrome just says to keep on going :D

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
MD2 is a nice game, but if you want a more challenging and frantic experience, you MUST go with MD3!
If I had to chose among one of them, I would go for MD3 without a inch of hesitation

BlueBMW

New Challenger
What should one expect to pay for an MVS cart of MD3? I love MD2, so getting 3 seems like a good choice :D

BlueBMW

New Challenger
I've been looking for a while now actually. Just doesnt seem too common. I got the MD2 cart in the $20 broken Neo cab I bought :P

valgalder

Kula's Candy
I have been a Magical Drop 2 FANATIC since getting the game.. i've had some insanely epic battles with a friend as well as some good scores in puzzle mode. I've never played the 3rd one.. so I hope it's as good as everybody says, because MD2 is probably my favorite puzzle game ever. Guess i'll be on the lookout for a cheap MD3 MVS cart...

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I've been looking for a while now actually. Just doesnt seem too common. I got the MD2 cart in the $20 broken Neo cab I bought :P
I see 4 separate listings on the 'bay currently (a couple at decent prices). Could be worth a look unless you're holding out for an English label copy.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I understand your pains. You can find them in Japan a couple of places for MD3 and it will run about 80$ to have it shipped to the US. I recently purchased it after trying to find it on here and KLOV for a few weeks and gave up and purchased it from Hong Kong (English label!! Wee). I find it to be worth the money as it is honestly one of my favourite games on MVS (although I must admit I haven't played MPE).

As far as the MD2 vs MD3 comparison I find these differences. MD3 has better graphics, more characters, and an all new playing mode (Adventure) that is fun. To me it is worth the money definitely, but I find the gameplay between the two very similar. If you just enjoy MD2 as a game to play once in a while, MD3 might not be worth the headache and cost of finding a copy, but if it is one of your favorite games definitely go for it.

Of course if you ever find it for 50$ or less, go ahead :) You won't regret it.

Magical Drop fans unite!!!