Magfest 2024 - National Harbor MD 1/18-1/21

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Anyone going this year? @majors are you providing cabs again? Trying to decide if I make it this year. I went last year and ran into no one I knew. I once went to throw down on the old school fighters but that has lost its appeal. I really love to play pinball now but half of the machines there are not in good shape. I will probably be in Nashville for work through Friday afternoon so if I make it I won’t show up till late on Friday.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I mean, I'm the head of the Panels Department for MAGFest, so I should be there. 🙂

I'll probably be spending most of the event running around making sure things aren't on fire though (both metaphorically and literally).

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Ha, I know you are there PD. :) We need to hit a pinball tourney again. I’m rusty as hell so I need an event to shake it off.

I was hoping to reconnect with some of the folks I had not seen in years. I typically ran into them at Magfest but each year more of the old guard stop showing up.

I was thinking of going this year but due to some family stuff (nothing serious, but still important never the less) I won’t be able to attend this year. :(
(Next year I will defiantly be returning).

majors

Overtop Pathfinder
I'll be there! Tho, I'm heavy with LCD cabs this year, I recently picked up 4 Namco Grigio's running Gundam XBoost along with the massive live monitor/server. I'll still have the 4 head-to-heads for fighters and 3-4 vertical shooters (https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=72622) along with random candy.

I'll be hanging out in the museum area, it's a lot easier to have a conversation there :)