Mad Max: The Video Game [PC]

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Anybody else pick this up yet? I got it last night and so far have enjoyed it. (It is ~$20 on CDkeys.)

Only disappointment so far is the lack of MP.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
This is a dangerous site, you've left in my hands. I'd wanted to grab this game, and for 20 bucks, hard to say no. Mortal Kombat X -and- it's DLC for 15? Dangerous indeed! From what I read, , Mad Max feels like if Rage and Far Cry became the same thing, and I'm okay with that. I'll know soon enough!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm waiting for opinions. Mad Max: Fury Road was one of my favorite movies of the last decade and I am ready for some post apocalyptic wasteland car chases but I'm unsure if the Warner Brothers battle engine from Batman and Shadow of Mordor is a good fit for this IP.

It could still be a great game but Max doesn't impress me as the kind of guy that runs into groups of people and beats the shit out of them. If anything ,his vulnerability and weaknesses (much like Snake Plissken from Escape From New York) are what bring real tension and excitement to the story. Sure we expect him to win, but we don't expect him to do it running into crowds and beating whole gangs down with his fists.

I'm not shitting on the game. I haven't played it. I'm just waiting to decide if the tone of the character is right for this kind of game and am going to wait for thoughts. Is it true to the IP or is it just Shadow of Mordor reskinned with cars? Because I'm not really interested in playing Shadow of Mordor reskinned with cars.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
After having sunk some time into this, I'm really enjoying it. Looks great, runs even better, the combat, both vehicular, and in person is intuitive and satisfying. Definitely worth playing.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The one thing that has hurt this game and by that it's stopped me from playing it is it came out the same time as MGS V

You can't have a bigger kick in the balls then comeing out at the same time as THE game with all the baggage that's followed it this year alone