Lots of Capcom-related announcements today...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/news/html/100126.html

Capcom and Microsoft held a special joint press conference today in Japan.

A (enhanced?) port of Monster Hunter Frontier has been announced for 360, and scheduled for this summer. Super Street Fighter IV and Lost Planet 2 now have release dates, April 28th and May 20th, respectively.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Seems weird that they wouldn't release Monster Hunter on PS3 considering its recent success in Japan.

Glad to know SSF4's release date though. I'm really looking forward to it.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Been waiting for a Next Gen Monster Hunter!

Should be epic!

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Seems weird that they wouldn't release Monster Hunter on PS3 considering its recent success in Japan.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it on PS3, but we obviously weren't going to see anything about it today. We'll just have to wait and see.

snk`

Kula's Candy
If Monster Hunter was on PS3 with online play, it would be an instant buy for me. Lost Planet was horrible..

Hentai_Sama, most of your references are japlinked, you can read japanese? curious

great news

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Monster Hunter Frontier for Xbox 360 was announced with a 1,500 yen monthly charge. I think I'll stick to the PSP version. Can't believe this crap, I was actually looking forward to it too.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Have they said anythign about the last 3 characters for SSFIV yet? I haven't seen any annoucements...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So Dead Rising 2 has gone multi platform.

I think that's been known for a while. Capcom said a long time ago that all of their HD console games were going to be multiplatform. I'm sure MHF will end up on the PS3 at some point as well, just a matter of when.

Hentai_Sama, most of your references are japlinked, you can read japanese? curious

Yes, I can.

And I enjoyed Lost Planet.

Monster Hunter Frontier for Xbox 360 was announced with a 1,500 yen monthly charge. I think I'll stick to the PSP version. Can't believe this crap, I was actually looking forward to it too.

Ditto. I'll get it if it has offline and/or LAN modes, but subscription-only = no thanks.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I just imagined what Monster Hunter could look like on a 360/PS3.....then I peed a little.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
MH Frontier hasn't even been announced for the US yet. So far I believe this is for Japan only. Who knows if they would even charge a monthly fee if it came to the west? Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii requires a monthly fee in Japan, but it's going to be free to play online here.

It's early news, we just need to wait and see what happens.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They announced that Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii would be coming to America bundled with the Classic Controller Pro for 59.99. Considering how much some online sites are charging for the controller alone makes it like you're getting the game for free. I've seen tons of footage of the game online and it looks like a good one to get into with some friends.

But since I didn't see it here, they also announced a date for Street Fighter IV for April 27th, the 28th in Japan and the 29th in EU. They said the Japanese version is going to cost the same as a normal game, so much for having the game cost less. They also said they would have a collectors edition with four costumes for characters...also, so much for all the new costumes being in the game...

Nothing was said on the US site, so I'll wait and see what they do. They had said that retailers didn't like the normal edition and collectors editions, but they said they were going to do something for the fans here.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Man, fuck all these monthly fee games, especially on the 360 where I'm already paying for Gold. :angry:

Well, all the MMOs available on the 360 so far are fully playable without Gold, if I remember correctly. Would soften the blow if Gold members would get a discount on MHF's subscription fee.

Edit : Looks like that's sort-of what they'll be doing after all...

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/2...nline-fees-include-xbox-live-gold-membership/

For $15, you get one month of MHFO plus one month of Gold.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
YuckMud, keep in mind new games in Japan are around $90 dollars to begin with compared to our $60.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Magic Box says Super is 5000 Yen, so cheaper than a standard release.

Probably a good time to flog SF IV..

---

Capcom announced that Super Street Fighter IV will be coming to both PS3 and Xbox 360 in Japan on April 28, for 4990 yen. The first print version of the game will include a voucher to download the Super Classic Pack for free, which includes classic arranged costumes for Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen and Fei Long. The Super Classic Pack will also be available as DLC starting on July 1.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Well, all the MMOs available on the 360 so far are fully playable without Gold, if I remember correctly.

FFXI and Phantasy Star Universe say hi

I don't even want to think about how much money my wife has dumped into FFXI. I'll never understand the need to piss away $15-20 a month to grind the same goddamn monsters for years and years. :annoyed:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
FFXI and Phantasy Star Universe say hi

Pretty sure both of those games don't require Gold.

Anyways, the PC version of MHF costs $15 a month, as will the 360 port. But on the 360, you're getting 1 free month of Gold for every 1 month of MHF access you buy. Looks to me like anyone who wants to get into this game is better off playing it on the 360.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I plan to get it for PS3, or maybe just play it on my girlfriend's laptop.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Pretty sure both of those games don't require Gold.

Anyways, the PC version of MHF costs $15 a month, as will the 360 port. But on the 360, you're getting 1 free month of Gold for every 1 month of MHF access you buy. Looks to me like anyone who wants to get into this game is better off playing it on the 360.

FFXI requires gold for sure...she had to switch to the PS2 when I went silver a few months ago.

Fucking retarded, the bane of my gaming existence. :oh_no:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
FFXI requires gold for sure...

I've seen people on my XBL friends list playing it even though they were Silver. Both the FFXI site and the Wikipedia article (among other places) say the 360 version only needs Silver. Maybe something happened to your XBL account.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I've seen people on my XBL friends list playing it even though they were Silver. Both the FFXI site and the Wikipedia article (among other places) say the 360 version only needs Silver. Maybe something happened to your XBL account.

I dunno but the wife couldn't log on my 360 silver but could log on fine with the PS2...when I switched back to gold it was go again. :scratch: