Looking for.............

dj trooper

n00b
Someone in the U.K who could chip my Neo Geo console, i'll pay you a wage. Please PM me or reply to this post. thanks

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
dj trooper said:
Anybody know any one who will fit a BIOS chip for me? In the UK? Please

It's a 20minute job and the chip comes with full instructions.

Soldering iron, flux, screwdriver and something to cut one of the legs on the original BIOS chips is all you need.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:
It's a 20minute job and the chip comes with full instructions.

Soldering iron, flux, screwdriver and something to cut one of the legs on the original BIOS chips is all you need.
It's not an easy job on the non-socket bios systems, as the leads on the PCB are small and easy to wreck.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
Neo Alec said:
It's not an easy job on the non-socket bios systems, as the leads on the PCB are small and easy to wreck.

You don't take off the old BIOS you piggyback the new one.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
All right. I didn't understand how that one worked, so I decided to install a socket for the chip on mine, and botched it. A word of warning for anyone else who might try, I guess.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's pretty easy dude. Show us a pic of what you did and maybe we can fix it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
A bunch of leads on the board were broke, and they all had to be traced back and rewired. I gave it a shot with my multimeter, but gave up pretty fast. Since I was already sending it to kpj to get it modded, he was nice enough to repair it for me too. Took him a while too -- it was not easy.

dj trooper

n00b
Well then is there anyone in the UK out there that can fit the chip for me!!!!!!!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

I WILL PAY!!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I can do it but you will need to ship the stuff to Finland, I'm not in the UK sorry.

Raz