Looking for best American style buttons and joystick.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
So looking to mod my joystick. I simply want to emulate the feel of the original Street Fighter II arcade controls. A bat top joystick with 8 way restrictor plate and concave buttons. I've done a ton of research and found Happs to be the best. Problem is once Happ got bought out, I hear the quality went down the toilet. Any opinions or thoughts?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
lizard lick carrys IL joysticks which are basically the sticks happ competition sticks used to be. I think your shit out of luck if you want a old super joystick of the old quality though :( which sucks as that's my favorite american stick.

http://www.lizardlick.com/IL_c_149.html

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
The IL from Lizard Lick is great. Went with that and Yenox buttons.
Everything has a uniform click to it.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Sanwa JLM's with corndogs are my recommendation.

They're not going to "feel" like classic SF, but they're really nice replacements for Happ Comps and they've got square gates that can be swapped with 8 ways if you want.

If you're playing 2D fighters... square is the only way to go.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
While i agree sanwa is my recommendation... you're not going to get the american feel with any sanwa stick. iL has been mentioned, which is like the new Happ... but still not that great imo.

I'd go iL sticks (with the predetermined notion that you have to replace them about twice a year with heavy play) and happ convex buttons. I don't think concave is the standard for anything.

Pat505

War Room Troll
I personally love the IL's. The only american style stick I like to use. Cause yes the quality in Happ's are way down. I really don't believe Il's are cheap substitutes as much as being just really good quality sticks though. There buttons are descent too I just don't like American buttons at all.

JazzyNYC

Kabuki Klasher
As "Black Mamba is my new hero, so now let me suck his dick" (Pat505) said, IL's are by far the best you can get in American style. They are so far ahead of Happ at this point, theres really no comparison.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
The super Happ is the only way to go for the american feel