Looking for advice on an AW/MVS CP layout

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
After recently acquiring an AW board, I've ordered a new Jamma plus harness for my 4-slot to add the 5th button. I've done a lot of digging for the button layouts for the different games, it appears there are two different 5 button configurations (with some confusing debate as to the lettering or naming of the buttons). I'm planning on keeping the MVS layout the way it is and adding two more buttons with home made adapters to switch between the configurations as needed.

Config 1 (KOF XI):
:B: :C: :D:
:A: X

Config 2 (GGI, SS6):
:B: :C: :D:
:A: X

Has anyone done something like this? If so, could you provide pics and thoughts?

Is there a good source for all the game button layouts (with labels such as LK-HK and so on) or manual scans?

Thanks.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
IMO the best config for MVS and AW is the following one:
:A: :C: X
:B: :D:

The only difference between MVS and AW is the jamma+ additionnal button (button 5, here it's the X)

You never play MVS games with a "square" config like this one?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
might as well drill extra holes. make it a 6 button layout. wire button 5&6 together. in the future you can throw any SF , MK, etc in it with simple modifications.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Good point with the 6th button. The square MVS layout just made my right eye twitch.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Don't forget that AW games support button remapping in the menu, so you don't have to think about it too hard. Set it for whichever game you think you'll play most.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Personally, I think the best button layout is RECO PCB :p.

One particularly good thing about it is that buttons 4 and 5, whatever you map them to be, are sent to the Jamma edge and the kick harness, so whichever set up your board prefers, it's satisfied.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I have 6 button control panel wired to a Capcom Kickharness. To use it on MVS fighting games, I made an adapter that plugged into the kickharness and mapped the D button under the C button:

MVS
:A::B::C:
.x. .x. :D:

I also made an alternate one that maps the D button on both sides... under the A and under the C.

Last edited: