look simpsons/neo geo controller wireing help needed

wiskers12

n00b
hey, is anyone gonna help me out with any of my questions? i got a simpsons pcb, and i want to hook up the 3rd and 4th players. i need the 15 pin wire connectors and maybe the wires also. does anyone know what these are called? ive searched for konami kickharness on the web and cant find anything about them. is there a name for those conectors? or anyone know how i can get my hands on a couple of those? i want to wire some older controlers to those conectors, and i dont want to solder them permanatly. also does anyone know of any plans to convert a sega 6 button controler to work on a jamma board? or the neo geo controllers pinout, so i could make a wire converter for one?
ALSO my neo geo six slot mv6 does not run all metal slugs right. ive done everything to try to fix it, nothing worked. i see 2 empty socket slots on the bottom board of my motherboard. could someone please open one of there six slot motherboards to see if they also have 2 empty sockets on there board, or am i missing something. please help me with all my questions you can. :buttrock:

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
As far as the Simpsons connector goes, they are called molex connectors (at least that's what I call them). Try searching www.therealbobroberts.com and I'm almost certain you'll find what you need there. I've also seen these Konami harnesses on ebay from time to time. Good luck.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, you can convert a genesis controller to work in a JAMMA board, you just need to open and study it and solder wires to the appropriate places.
Since the neo geo controlles are binary you can just build an adaptor to use them in a JAMMA board, check the pin-out here: www.gamesx.com

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I made some 3 and 4p controllers for my multi player games. For the Simpsons, here is the pinout, if you don't already have it:

1 - Coin
2- Empty
3 - Left
4 - Right
5 - Up
6 - Down
7 - Attack
8 - Jump
9 - Empty
10 - Empty
11 - Empty
12 - Empty
13 - Empty
14 - Empty
15 - Ground

This pinout is the same for many other Konami games as well (but not all), but isn't the same for games by other companies.

If you have numerous 4 player games from multiple companies you can:

Take molex 15 pin .100 housings and wire them from the pins on the board to another molex housing. Then wire the joysticks to a housing as well. This leaves two female ends - one going to the board, and one going to the joystick. From there you can wire a section of cord with two female housings on each end, and stick a 15 pin header on each end (male connector) to stick the female housings on each end of the cable to the other housings (the joystick and the PCB). This section of wiring can simply be removed at any time from the two female ends, and you can make many of these intermediaries for each game you have with a different pinout. Simply swap them out as needed. Very convenient - no need to make a joystick for each and every multiplayer game you have.