LOL LRG - Selling CD-Rs

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
@Yodd was one of the folks who broke the story on Twitter, and then everyone on Twitter and Youtube piled on as usual. They are doing a service by holding LRG to task, at least for those might fall victim to this scam (I've never bought an LRG product myself).

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Um, how could they sell this product and not know it would blow back in their faces. They ought to have an idea of what their specialized limited game collecting customers expect in a product, and a burned CDR certainly isn't it. Maybe they though all customers would keep the game sealed on their shelf and never play it ;)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
not to defend that idiot company, but could it be possible that they received the games from the manufacturer and just didn't double check them?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
not to defend that idiot company, but could it be possible that they received the games from the manufacturer and just didn't double check them?
Sure. No one should assume they know how it happened, but the how and why don't really matter in this case.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

Nah, they were just trying to pull one over.

"we found quality and reliability issues when attempting to press 3DO discs in the traditional manner. In an attempt to offer full compatibility with original hardware, our disc replication partner was able to successfully manufacture the discs using a CD-R format, which we believed would work across all commercially available 3DO systems."

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
They probably only had like 23 pre-orders. Who would possible want that game? Even for the novelty of it,you just burn a iso yourself.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
No reason to buy it for sure. Nothing beats having a real manufactured disc for the old laser to read.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Don’t you have a PS5?

The disc just loads into the hard drive. All systems been doing that since ps4/xb1. Even some of those later releases on the 360. I think Sony was doing this since the PS3.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Nah, they were just trying to pull one over.

"we found quality and reliability issues when attempting to press 3DO discs in the traditional manner. In an attempt to offer full compatibility with original hardware, our disc replication partner was able to successfully manufacture the discs using a CD-R format, which we believed would work across all commercially available 3DO systems."
fuckin' amateurs!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Could put a beer coaster in the case for all I care.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
sorry your 3DO meme game doesn't work on your console, really feelin' for you, 3DO goobs and LRG customers

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Christ it's not a fine single malt settle down
@Heinz lol, bad comparison. Old console disc drives can't focus well on even the best CDR's, causing disc read errors that can crash the game. I'm struggling to play an English patch of Policenauts on CDR at the moment. The game keeps getting stuck.

Edit: My brother asked me to get some footage of the English patch on the Saturn for this, so I obliged.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
All I want for Christmas is BIG BEAR to file a lawsuit for copyright infringement for using the shockbox against this horrible company so that they may dissolve and never be.