lol guess I am stuck with a Neo Geo Gold X

Tiako

New Challenger
Sold a sealed one on ebay. The guy open it played it for a day and sent me a msg saying he was not happy with the quality of the product. My return policy says no open items but ebay will force me to take it back anyway..

How awful are these Neo Geo Gold X on a 1 to 10.. Must be pretty bad for SNK to sue Tommo

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
That's bogus, but I guess it's the risk you take selling on eBay (and selling Neo Geo X consoles for that matter!).

I don't have one, so I can't comment on the quality of the system, but there's been plenty of disappointed folks ranting on here about the NGX. Personally, I'd steer clear.

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
How awful are these Neo Geo Gold X on a 1 to 10.. Must be pretty bad for SNK to sue Tommo

Where 1 = OK and 10 = Pile of Shit

3 - If you don't have any other means of playing awesome SNK games
8 - If you have an AES
10 - If you have an MVS

Either way I suggest hitting up the Handheld forum and checking out the latest hacks for the system. I started off with a NGX a few months back as my entry to SNK games, hacked the little system to play all the SNK greats, and now I have a 2-slot cabinet and a growing collection.

Last edited:

Tiako

New Challenger
Where 1 = OK and 10 = Pile of Shit

3 - If you don't have any other means of playing awesome SNK games
8 - If you have an AES
10 - If you have an MVS

Either way I suggest hitting up the Handheld forum and checking out the latest hacks for the system. I started off with a NGX a few months back as my entry to SNK games, hacked the little system to play all the SNK greats, and now I have a 2-slot cabinet and a growing collection.

Just sold my MVS today :C

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Sold a sealed one on ebay. The guy open it played it for a day and sent me a msg saying he was not happy with the quality of the product. My return policy says no open items but ebay will force me to take it back anyway..

thats absolute garbage. you sold a sealed item. it worked as it should (granted, terribly). buyer decided he did not like it.

fuck that guy.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
thats absolute garbage. you sold a sealed item. it worked as it should (granted, terribly). buyer decided he did not like it.

fuck that guy.

+1

Tough shit if he didn't do the research as it was as described.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This is why eBay sucks. You're not some business that'll just absorb the loss. The buyer's opening of the system took it from new to used and you take the $ loss. That's not right.

Tiako

New Challenger

fuck that guy.

He sent to a gift to someone.. I almost replied that I don't take returns on open items. Then proceed to tell him it is a POS and anyone buying one is buying it to leave in a box. Then link him to all the reviews and SNK law suit against Tommo..

But that is pointless he will just neg my feedback and ebay will force me to take it back.

Tiako

New Challenger
I moved and it is cheaper for me to sell then transport.. Besides I want a candy cab one day or might make a super gun

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Stand your ground. eBay's Seller Protection should cover you here. The item was "as described". At best, you should only offer a partial refund because the item is being returned in a different condition and the buyer should have to eat both shipping fees.

Tiako

New Challenger
Stand your ground. eBay's Seller Protection should cover you here. The item was "as described". At best, you should only offer a partial refund because the item is being returned in a different condition and the buyer should have to eat both shipping fees.

I sell a ton on there.. Trust me seller protection wouldn't do shit. He would just complain it is defective or broken due to vertical scan lines. The reason it is being returned. Ebay wouldn't do any research and agree the product is defective due to it being a POS..

But it is like me selling an Atari and someone complaining it is too blocky. Honestly, since it was a gift they guy might have wanted an AES and he got this for him instead. So of course it is a POS compared to what he was expecting.. sigh..

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I sold my X after buying it on launch to a pawn shop in my local mall for $75. While Xmas shopping I saw they had it out in the window for $175. I went there yesterday and saw that it was still there.

Tiako

New Challenger
I sold my X after buying it on launch to a pawn shop in my local mall for $75. While Xmas shopping I saw they had it out in the window for $175. I went there yesterday and saw that it was still there.

Sold mine for what I paid for it on ebay. Would have worked out nice :|

Yeah I was close to just saying screw it and let ebay come after me. I always withdraw the money once it hits my paypal with paypal debit card. In case I really get screwed kinda like this..I just refuse refund and let paypal try to take 200 dollars out of 0.00 account balance lol

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Remove your bank account info.. They'll go for that too
They will send collection agencies after you next. Happened to me when I sold a gameboy sp years ago and they claimed to never get it. I refused to give them the money back and ebay just took it out of paypal and left me with a negative balance. That's when they sent the collection agency after me.

Tiako

New Challenger
They will send collection agencies after you next. Happened to me when I sold a gameboy sp years ago and they claimed to never get it. I refused to give them the money back and ebay just took it out of paypal and left me with a negative balance. That's when they sent the collection agency after me.

Sure will... Joke is on them my credit sucks anyway lololo

I have a bankaccount that I keep zero money attached to it too lool

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Why not have a no return policy? I never offer returns on ebay.

Tiako

New Challenger

Doesn't matter what your policy is ebay will make you take it back. If I had no return policy and the guy said "low quality vertical sync lines" ebay would read this as defective and make you take it back under buyer protection. Or the guy could just say "vertical lines in screen, its defective" to ensure ebay will force you to take it back.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Doesn't matter what your policy is ebay will make you take it back. If I had no return policy and the guy said "low quality vertical sync lines" ebay would read this as defective and make you take it back under buyer protection. Or the guy could just say "vertical lines in screen, its defective" to ensure ebay will force you to take it back.

This isn't necessarily true all the time. Granted, you're rolling the dice on what ebay may decide, but they don't always side with the buyer. You definitely need to have a strong argument for not accepting a return when a situation like this arises, which wouldn't be hard since the NGX isn't a high quality system.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Sold mine for what I paid for it on ebay. Would have worked out nice :|

Yeah I was close to just saying screw it and let ebay come after me. I always withdraw the money once it hits my paypal with paypal debit card. In case I really get screwed kinda like this..I just refuse refund and let paypal try to take 200 dollars out of 0.00 account balance lol

Paypal can take money out of some 0.00 balance accounts- you just get hit with an overdraft fee. Trust me- I have a secondary checking account which is linked to paypal. Once had a negative balance and an overdraft fee because they debited it over some nonsense like this.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave

I have sold many vintage comics on ebay. Circa 2008, I sold one to the owner of a significant design firm in NYC (GM is one of their clients). The pictures included with the auction were not high resolution, but I clearly stated that the comic was in "very good" condition. Very good condition is actually rather beat up in the comic world- this particular book had a very large crease (OK for a VG comic). This guy did not seem to be very well-versed in this realm. He seemed to think very good meant very fine- when in fact they represent opposites on the grading spectrum.

I would not accept the return, but he complained to ebay that there was a huge crease on the cover (large creases are allowed in the very good grade- even book length creases called subscription creases). Ebay sided with him and paypal debited my account.

The only unsatisfied customer I ever had. Very uninformed about grading standards for a comic collector.

This situation would be very similar, the buyer could just file a significantly not as described claim say that the item is defective, which it is- all Neo Geo X systems are defective.

Not saying it is a good thing, but I think Tiako has a realistic outlook. Probably the best option is to take the return and sell the item as used.

Tiako

New Challenger
I have sold many vintage comics on ebay. Circa 2008, I sold one to the owner of a significant design firm in NYC (GM is one of their clients). The pictures included with the auction were not high resolution, but I clearly stated that the comic was in "very good" condition. Very good condition is actually rather beat up in the comic world- this particular book had a very large crease (OK for a VG comic). This guy did not seem to be very well-versed in this realm. He seemed to think very good meant very fine- when in fact they represent opposites on the grading spectrum.

I would not accept the return, but he complained to ebay that there was a huge crease on the cover (large creases are allowed in the very good grade- even book length creases called subscription creases). Ebay sided with him and paypal debited my account.

The only unsatisfied customer I ever had. Very uninformed about grading standards for a comic collector.

This situation would be very similar, the buyer could just file a significantly not as described claim say that the item is defective, which it is- all Neo Geo X systems are defective.

Not saying it is a good thing, but I think Tiako has a realistic outlook. Probably the best option is to take the return and sell the item as used.

Yep.. All neo geo gold Xs are POS. Even tho they all are POS and it is well know. I am somehow responsible for an item which is only being bought to leave in the box at this point.

I feel bad for people who sell sealed in the box NES, SNES. And some fuck plugs it in and says the picture is too blurry on their flat screen and file a Item not as described lol

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

If very good and very fine are two opposite ends of a grading spectrum then there's an argument to be made for the grading system being very gay.