Local mvs cab

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Just wanted to get some opinions on this. I have wanted to get a cab for awhile but where I live there isn't a big scene and I always seem to miss the arcade auction and now it is not being held in my area anymore. Long story short was searching craigslist and happened upon a cab a guy is selling for $200. I'm not the most knowledgeable about this stuff, but it looks like a conversion and the monitor looks smaller than I remember. If you guys don't mind to take a look at the pic and tell me what you think:

neogeo.jpg

Also it was described as the coin mechanism not working and is on freeplay and apparently it comes with aerofighters 3. For $200 it seems like a good deal but momma always said "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is"

I would appreciate any comments. I messaged the guy and haven't heard back yet.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Just wanted to get some opinions on this. I have wanted to get a cab for awhile but where I live there isn't a big scene and I always seem to miss the arcade auction and now it is not being held in my area anymore. Long story short was searching craigslist and happened upon a cab a guy is selling for $200. I'm not the most knowledgeable about this stuff, but it looks like a conversion and the monitor looks smaller than I remember. If you guys don't mind to take a look at the pic and tell me what you think:

View attachment 16960

Also it was described as the coin mechanism not working and is on freeplay and apparently it comes with aerofighters 3. For $200 it seems like a good deal but momma always said "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is"

I would appreciate any comments. I messaged the guy and haven't heard back yet.

It kinda looks like someone converted it from a diffrent cab. That probably explains the small monitor.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
For only $200 you don't have much to worry about. You could probably part out chunks of it to make up the cost if needed.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
AF3 alone is fetching over $100, so if everything is doing well besides the coin mech it isnt too bad of an investment. You could always fix her up and put a new coat of paint, make it into a reso project

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
if the monitor looks decent, I would do it.

200 really isnt much at all.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Take $200 cash and offer $150. Even at the asking price that's an OK deal if everything is in good working order.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
AF3 alone is fetching over $100, so if everything is doing well besides the coin mech it isnt too bad of an investment. You could always fix her up and put a new coat of paint, make it into a reso project

I didn't realize af3 mvs was fetching that much. Is it a hard to acquire game or are mvs prices just going up?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Are you sure that the Aero Fighters 3 cart inside is not a bootleg?

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Looks like a Romstar neo conversion with the wrong button layout and swapped monitor. I have a similar cab that is a dynamo cab converted neo. It has a recapped 25 inch, 1 slot board and proper overlay and button layout. Picked it up for $300. So $200 for this seems fair.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Haven't heard back so I sent another email so we will see what happens. Still on the fence about it but I would really like the opportunity to see it in person and check out the monitor etc. If I do wind up purchasing it, I'd probably sell af3. I'm not a huge shmup fan and that sale would help defer the cost of the unit....that is if it is not a boot. Thank you all for the insight.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
AF3 does fetch about 100$, but it is one of those carts that is typically not seen for under $100, but may take a while to sell. It isn't the most favored of the AF series and AF2 being much more common and easy to get most people tend to go towards that.

That bit being said, for $200 it isn't a bad price. I would check to see what sort of single slot is inside, but parting it out, most single slots run you about $75-100 and that cart (if legit) is about $100, so the cabinet is kind of a freebie.

The monitor does look a tad small, probably a 19 inch. Most neo geo cabs came with 25 inch standard. If you don't care it is a conversion then go for it. Since it is a conversion cabinet, most people aren't really going to think much about it being parted out if you wanted to just quickly get your money back out of it as well.

noCLip

Camel Slug
Id pick it up for 200 for sure, as long as the monitor isnt shot. Depending on your technical skills and craftsmanship, you could redrill the CP to the correct layout and get a new overlay and recap the monitor. If you have any soldering skills recapping is pretty easy and cheap and it fixes a ton of issues on monitors. Depending on the chassis you could always buy a recapped one from klov but doing it yourself will save you a bunch of cash

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea you can recap and put a new flyback on a WG chassis for around 40 bucks, and that's high side.