Little question concerning this (added Jackie Chan AKF) TMNT Manhatten Project NES cart

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
IMG_20170510_144826.jpg I picked this up just now and noticed that the back sticker on this thing was seemingly missing (not sure what should be there) and the pat.pend written below.
Seems to be a regular cart
I just saw that other carts have this written on them. Anyone know what it means?

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That's where the Caution logo goes that tells kids not to light the cart on fire, dip it in water, or clean it with alcohol.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Somebody has screwed with that thing...literally. Those are the wrong screws, no NES games came with a straight blade screw head like the one in your pic. Very early carts had a weird straight blade type screw, most have a game-bit type:

FIJ8386GLPH1JED.MEDIUM.jpg

Either the back of that cart isn't original, or someone has done something worse, like swapped out the actual game board.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Somebody has screwed with that thing...literally. Those are the wrong screws, no NES games came with a straight blade screw head like the one in your pic. Very early carts had a weird straight blade type screw, most have a game-bit type:

Either the back of that cart isn't original, or someone has done something worse, like swapped out the actual game board.

I'll open it up and see what gives. I thought the screws where weird

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Somebody has screwed with that thing...literally. Those are the wrong screws, no NES games came with a straight blade screw head. Very early carts had a weird straight blade type screw, most have a game-bit type:

I doubt they swapped out the game board but you should check it anyways. If some of these collectors have a more expensive game with beat up backside, they will swap it out with a cheaper game that has a nicer backside. People do the samething with SFC and SNES carts.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I doubt they swapped out the game board but you should check it anyways. If some of these collectors have a more expensive game with beat up backside, they will swap it out with a cheaper game that has a nicer backside. People do the samething with SFC and SNES carts.

Ah cool thanks for the info. I got this and a few other things from someone who owns a videogame shop locally who I used to buy from a lot, years back. It's old stock he had put away. But he has all kinds of wacky things so God knows what this is all about

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Crack it open and post some pics of the circuit boards. Inquiring minds want to know!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Also picked up a Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu NES game. It's new but I'm wondering if it's a reseal. It doesn't have the H seam, the seams are along the sides.
IMG_20170510_144629.jpg
IMG_20170510_144600.jpg
IMG_20170510_144749.jpg
Yeah the box is beat some

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
oh thats a reseal. there is a ton of wear on that box too.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
What a great game. Played the shit out of this as a kid. The PCE version is much more polished though.

Those where the days.

Edit: opened it up and the cart is pristine, the manual is in good condition, which means it's far from mint. So it's not new but it's alright.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Those where the days.

Edit: opened it up and the cart is pristine, the manual is in good condition, which means it's far from mint. So it's not new but it's alright.

It's all good. Play the shit out of it.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I'm interested as hell to see what's in there with those kind of screws.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
jackie chan's actionkung fu is such a great platformer. awesome music too

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hell yeah back the day.

You rent a SMB2, swap the PCB with SMB and return it 30 minutes later and tell them that the wrong game is in it.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Hell yeah back the day.

You rent a SMB2, swap the PCB with SMB and return it 30 minutes later and tell them that the wrong game is in it.

Lol, I remember hearing about people doing this. It's the main reason they switched to the gamebit instead of a regular straight.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Lol, I remember hearing about people doing this. It's the main reason they switched to the gamebit instead of a regular straight.

Well shit. That's something I did not know.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Hell yeah back the day.

I'm shocked I didn't realize this happened. My untainted young mind would have never thought to do this back then.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm shocked I didn't realize this happened. My untainted young mind would have never thought to do this back then.

Same here, this is the first I've heard of this. We were so excited to just play the game with the little time the rental offered.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Hell yeah back the day.

Yeah one time I rented river city ransom and it had fucking othello in it, Ruined my weekend. Luckily I hoped back on my bike, rode it back down and swapped it for Totally Rad.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I've only found this twice: once was a SMB with Trojan in it for NES, and an Aztec Adventure cart with Zillion II in it for SMS.