Little guy is killing it!

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Well, this didn't take long...

My youngest son walked in as I was ending my bout with Samurai Spirits 1. I was reaching to turn of the console, and he asked if he could play. I said, "sure kid, but this game is really hard".

Next thing I know, I heard him making goofy noises, and just having a blast. He chose Gen-An because he's green... His favorite color...

So, here he is kicking ass. :)

12755375_10208881672267259_495934854_o.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
You should have said, "No kid, video games are for adults."

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've had it just about up to here with your scrubby button mashing and credit feeding.

Son, you're grounded!

Last edited:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Blood is red. :)

No credit feeding here. :) He is surprisingly good at games like this. I bet if we didn't stop for lunch he would have gotten to the end!

He is in 2nd grade.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
thats really awesome, when i was around his age, gen-an and earthquake were my favorite chars in Sam Sho 2.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
too cool man. I was waiting for you to say he put a couple quarters on the table and was waiting his turn. :D

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
My older son (10) passed me up on fighters last year. If it's something I know already, or has a similar engine / move list to Street Fighter, etc, then i'll have an advantage, but something we both play for the first time - he's better. I've never been into Mortal Kombat, but I got him both gamecube games for his birthday - after half a dozen matches I was still struggling mightily and he was already doing fatalities. He has savant mind for stuff like that - he'll read through a brady guide and know every move list within a few hours.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn, he's focused. That's awesome.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
That's awesome! My son loves neo. Metal slug, shock troopers, and bbs2. Not really a fighting fan. Trying to teach him is ok to lose if you don't give up, think about why/how you lost, and try to correct it. No need to get mad if you can get smart and get even. Or at least just have some fun without being a pouty little Sucka lol

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Thats pretty awesome, hope my kids can get into it like that.

It is cool to see how determined he is to get further than he did the last time. He kept asking, "is that further than you?" I said, yeah you passed me a few guys ago!

Fun time indeed! :) :buttrock:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
thats really awesome, when i was around his age, gen-an and earthquake were my favorite chars in Sam Sho 2.

Nver knew about Samurai Shodown when i was his age, but i always choosed Blanka in SF2.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
It's cool seeing the younger generation get into Samurai Shodown. Especially if they can kick their old man's butt. :lolz:

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Really cool. I hope to have a moment like that someday with my kid. She's 2 months old so there's some time ;) On that note, anyone have a daughter that's into fighting games?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
WTF, OP? Teach that kid to use a proper arcade stick! If you're gonna post up a pic of him playing SamSho with a Neo CD pad, he might as well have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
WTF, OP? Teach that kid to use a proper arcade stick! If you're gonna post up a pic of him playing SamSho with a Neo CD pad, he might as well have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

That's the controller that came with the AES. I have the proper stick on the way! :)

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Get a proper arcade stick... OK :)

Stick is absolutely mint. Took it out of the box, and played for a couple hours with the little guy tonight. The games are so much more fun with this controller!

(the black dot is an artifact in my images... not sure what the hell is going on!)
12742657_10208898907178121_7908845286618068677_n.jpg

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
That stick does look pretty good. Usually the gold Neo Geo has rubbed off somewhat.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
That stick does look pretty good. Usually the gold Neo Geo has rubbed off somewhat.

I was shocked when I got it. I was expecting some wear... I'll be sure to wear it down though! :)