Lin or Eiji?

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
Who do you feel is the better ninja and why? I'll post my own opinion later ;)

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
I'd prefer Eiji as well. he just seems so much faster than Lin. I also like his jumping low kick. Really good priority on those damn turtlers ;)

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Lin has the more interesting design. Eiji is more like the standard ninja type.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Lin has very good footwork, you can pull off some really nasty striker combos with him in KoF2k1, but KoF95 Eiji simply is badass, you know.

His combos/setups are a bit hard to get into at first, but you will soon pull off the infamous projectile deflect + followup without thinking twice with a bit of practice... good stuff. He probably isn't a top-tier like Kyo 95 but still quite efficient and he's fun to use.

I also love his chara design, straight-forward Ninja. Lin's design is cool as well but I don't like his stance, it's too "open" for a Ninja-style character.

Edit: According to some faqs I've read, Lin uses "Qing Shen Gong & Zhang Martial Arts" (whatever that is), he was born in China and has poison instead of blood... :kekeke:

Last edited:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Eiji. One of the best AOF characters to land in KOF and yet drops out of sight to reappear now!

I prefer him over Lin and if nothing else, he's living proof that AOF characters don't get the love in KOF that they deserve.

Lin, his apprentice and Ron need to pull a K9999 cause I could care less what becomes of them in the storyline.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
_Exiled_ said:
What kind of Ninja is Lin anyway?
Tak nailed his fighting style...the only other info states that he belongs to the Hizoku/"Flying Brigands" clan

link

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
fatal fury fan #2 said:
Eiji!! just love using him in KOF XI

I didn't know Eiji is in XI! Thats awsome, I've never played XI before, now I need to.

Eiji is clearly the better ninja.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
Speaking of ninjas, I'm just curious to know if Duolon is a ninja as well. Is he? =/

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
YeldellGW said:
Eiji. One of the best AOF characters to land in KOF and yet drops out of sight to reappear now!

I prefer him over Lin and if nothing else, he's living proof that AOF characters don't get the love in KOF that they deserve.

Lin, his apprentice and Ron need to pull a K9999 cause I could care less what becomes of them in the storyline.

thats cause AOF charas are craptastic. besides the sakazakis and robert how many nice designs do you know of in AoF? in all 3 eps combined theres maybe 5 charas in total besides the sakazakis and robert that are likeable. mr.big, king, kasumi, geese and finally eiji. and eijis design isnt really seomthing to be proud of IMO, its soo basic a 12 year old kid could have thought it up. cool ninja desings are in SS, like ss64 hanzo or SSWR hanzo (the son). how crappy would eiji look in a SS?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
and eijis design isnt really seomthing to be proud of IMO, its soo basic a 12 year old kid could have thought it up.
Seriously. As Spike once said, "purple '80s ninja in the house." He takes all the most used ninja cliches, combines them, then adds a little purple on top. I never thought much of his moveset either.

Lin isn't a ninja, but I like the character a lot more, overall.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
thats cause AOF charas are craptastic. besides the sakazakis and robert how many nice designs do you know of in AoF? in all 3 eps combined theres maybe 5 charas in total besides the sakazakis and robert that are likeable. mr.big, king, kasumi, geese and finally eiji. and eijis design isnt really seomthing to be proud of IMO, its soo basic a 12 year old kid could have thought it up. cool ninja desings are in SS, like ss64 hanzo or SSWR hanzo (the son). how crappy would eiji look in a SS?

Geese is an AOF character?! That's news to me.

Lee must not be that craptastic if he showed up in NGBC.

I love how characters are crap if their design doesn't appeal to someone.

I happen to like AOF 3's Jin and well I don't care for John, Lee or Temjin; at least they're fun to play on occasion.

As for SS ninja's, I'll take Galford, Sogetsu and Kazuki over Hanzo anyday. Hanzo's gameplay doesn't do a thing for me regardless how cool he looks.

He's better than Earthquake, though that's not saying much...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Geese is an AOF character the way Terry is a KOF character. He is a character, and he appears in AOF. He also has a completely different character design than in any FF game. So in that sense, yes, he is an AOF character.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Geese is an AOF character the way Terry is a KOF character. He is a character, and he appears in AOF. He also has a completely different character design than in any FF game. So in that sense, yes, he is an AOF character.

Chronologically speaking, as far as game releasal dates and playing as the character goes, Geese appeared in Fatal Fury first and was playable in Fatal Fury Special, so in my eyes I fail to see how he could be called an AOF character when he's not even playable in the one AOF game he appears in.

Going by that logic Ryo should be a FF character just cause he showed up in FFS and Gouki & Anita should be Marvel characters cause they showed up in X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
YeldellGW said:
Chronologically speaking, as far as game releasal dates and playing as the character goes, Geese appeared in Fatal Fury first and was playable in Fatal Fury Special, so in my eyes I fail to see how he could be called an AOF character when he's not even playable in the one AOF game he appears in.

Going by that logic Ryo should be a FF character just cause he showed up in FFS and Gouki & Anita should be Marvel characters cause they showed up in X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.
All right shut up now. You are geeking out over nothing. I'm not saying he isn't a Fatal Fury character, you little spaz. He's a Fatal Fury character, he's a KOF character, he's an AOF character. He appeared in those games. Holy shit, go get a hug from someone or something.

Karai

New Challenger
I really dig Lin. I like Eiji too, but Lin takes the cake.

I like that he's a bit weird and creepy, and I can pull of some rad juggles in KOF 2001 with him; Plus his blood is poison, how nuts is that!?...its awsome

I really hope we see Lin again in KOF.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
In a way, I'm starting to feel more compatible with Lin as well when playing 2001. His sweep is good and has excellent reach, and his forward and backward hadouken motion punch are good for characters who are grounded but wanna jump xD So usually I go for a sweep, and then either the venom spit or the handjab.

Last edited:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
All right shut up now. You are geeking out over nothing. I'm not saying he isn't a Fatal Fury character, you little spaz. He's a Fatal Fury character, he's a KOF character, he's an AOF character. He appeared in those games. Holy shit, go get a hug from someone or something.

Excuse me for having an opinion!

I forgot I posted on Neo-Geo.com where if your opinion is different from the majority, you're wrong for having one!

Take your own damn advice. Sounds like you need it more than me.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
YeldellGW said:
Excuse me for having an opinion!

I forgot I posted on Neo-Geo.com where if your opinion is different from the majority, you're wrong for having one!

Take your own damn advice. Sounds like you need it more than me.
I'm not saying anything about your ^$%@ opinion, you stupid fuck. You misunderstood what I said, and I explained it to you. Fucking learn to read for crying out loud.