Least Expensive Game You Bought in Years 2013-2014

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Not sure about other people but the combination of higher costs for old games and the lack of "play" money makes me keep an eye out for cheap deals or gamer conditions games.

My latest puchases include disc only copys of Hydro Thunder, complete Sega Bass Fishing, and disc only Tomb Raider for the Saturn for $4 out the door.

Also got a complete US AES copy of Ninja Combat for $35 from a local game shop.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Not the least expensive, but compared to its usual price, I'd say Garou MVS Japanese label in $20. The least expensive in total was probably KoF 95 MVS, in like $12.

Regards.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Guess I like to hear stories of cheap scoops because it still gives me hope for this hobby.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I bought my stepdaughter a 50 pence wii party game off a car boot a couple of weeks ago. There were about 30 mini games that were all shit brown bad.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I got a cartridge only Resident Evil Gaiden for GBC from my buddy for 3.00$.

Last edited:

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I got a friend's mother who loves garage saling out looking for games for me. Her instructions are "No sports games, under 5 bucks, any system"

She's found me 40 games in 3 weeks at 2 bucks a pop. Nothing crazy, a lot of shooters (should have probably said no shooters too but then we get difficult), mostly $5-10ish games but she did score a couple $20+ finds for the gamecube. My 6th and 7th gen collections are getting a lot of love.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i gave someone 1 cent for a mario duck hunt about 2 months back.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got a friend's mother who loves garage saling out looking for games for me. Her instructions are "No sports games, under 5 bucks, any system"

She's found me 40 games in 3 weeks at 2 bucks a pop. Nothing crazy, a lot of shooters (should have probably said no shooters too but then we get difficult),

"I already told you, you dumb bitch, I have 2 copies of Aero Fighters on SNES. No shooters."

Black IcE

15 Year Member
"I already told you, you dumb bitch, I have 2 copies of Aero Fighters on SNES. No shooters."

I am reminded of when I saw a number Valkyrie Profiles in the clearance section at Wal-Mart for $10 each. I bought one but didn't have the foresight to get all of them.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Last year I picked up my beat up SNES with 20 or so games for $20, including 3 copies of Zelda, DK Country 1-3, and other good titles. It ain't pretty but it works great.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Picked up Mutation Nation AES (jap) in all excellent shape back in Jan. 2013 for about $85.00

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Spent most of 2013 at flea markets buying back my childhood. All nes carts for 3-5 dollars.
Duck tales, goonies2, guardian legend.

Then decided to collect megaman, ouch. That's not for this thread

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
I found NBA Jam T.E. for the Genesis at a thrift store for 69 cents just a few days ago, still love that game :D Also got Tekken 3 and Contra: Shattered Soldier for $1.50 each.

snkjoe

New Challenger
X-men vs street fighter for the psx I paid 2 bucks at yard sale.. it was funny because the lady said 2 bucks for the music cd lol :)

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug

:lolz: Yeah kinda my point -- CoD, Battlefield, etc etc... not really something I care too much about, but there's a ton of awesome shooters out there. Sports games though? I doubt she's going to stumble on that one rare NCAA 2k3 for Gamecube at 99 cents or something. If she does, I'll never know it and thus I won't kick myself for what could have been.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
$50 shipped for 161 of the finest games on neo geo.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
:lolz: Yeah kinda my point -- CoD, Battlefield, etc etc... not really something I care too much about, but there's a ton of awesome shooters out there. Sports games though? I doubt she's going to stumble on that one rare NCAA 2k3 for Gamecube at 99 cents or something. If she does, I'll never know it and thus I won't kick myself for what could have been.

I guess I misunderstood you.

I would imagine even your friends mom knows that those games are referred to as FPS.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I bought Last Resort MVS for about $20 from a local seller last year.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Of course not my least expensive, but the best deal in the last couple of month: Andro Dunos EURO version near mint for 40€.

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
X-men vs street fighter for the psx I paid 2 bucks at yard sale.. it was funny because the lady said 2 bucks for the music cd lol :)

A good way to find cheap cd games when mix in with music cds. I remember finding cheap Sega Genesis games mixed in with VHS tapes before too.

I bought a complete Final Fantasy 7 ps1 for $1 that was also mixed in with music cds.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A loose Phalanx SNES cart at GameXChange for like 7 bucks.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
A good way to find cheap cd games when mix in with music cds. I remember finding cheap Sega Genesis games mixed in with VHS tapes before too.

I bought a complete Final Fantasy 7 ps1 for $1 that was also mixed in with music cds.

This is a good tactic. I once got a complete copy of Xenogears for $3 from a Savers thrift store.