Latest SW EP VII news...

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
One last thing, although I'm sure the game won't be that good, the Sony Battlefront commercial kind of got me in the feels.
I'm not buying it day one. Going to wait it out depending on how people respond.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Battlefield will be a GOTY purchase for me, if anything at all.

No single player campaign-fucking lazy

$50 season pass-Fuck you EA and Disney

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Battlefield will be a GOTY purchase for me, if anything at all.

No single player campaign-fucking lazy

$50 season pass-Fuck you EA and Disney
Every Dice game is a GOTY purchase for me. They can never seem to get shit right day of the release. It always takes them a year before the game is actually solid and not a broken mess.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Every Dice game is a GOTY purchase for me. They can never seem to get shit right day of the release. It always takes them a year before the game is actually solid and not a broken mess.

This is why I'm keeping my hopes low.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Is anyone else irritated with the hype driven "ticket pre-buy" bullshit? Who in the fuck wants to buy a ticket two months in advance for a random showing on a random day? The movie comes out a week before Christmas...which is a busy time for me, like I have a clue when I'll have time to go see a movie at that point.

I guess I look at it this way...if I can go see it, I will. If lemmings buy out every ticket through Feb...oh fucking well, I'll get it on Blu Ray whenever it comes out for purchase. I refuse to play along with the Disney hype machine...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i just noticed you've been here 10 years but you still feel like a n00b to me.

Just wanna say you looked legit happy in those baseball pics. Try and be happy more often, sista

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
i just noticed you've been here 10 years but you still feel like a n00b to me.

Just wanna say you looked legit happy in those baseball pics. Try and be happy more often, sista

In all seriousness...I'm at a good place in my life right now. Things are going well and I really cannot complain. I always love bitching here, so that is what it is...but really, it's pretty vapid shit that I come here to gripe about.

As for the "noob" thing...yeah, If I were a tattoo kind of guy, I'd probably get one that says "noob for life"...

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This is why I'm keeping my hopes low.
I agree the game will probably suck day one, and I'm still trying to avoid the PS4 console itself because it shits on backward compatibility. Still, even with both those things being true, I keep having to stop myself from pulling the trigger on the limited console release. Too sexy!

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-5...Console-4/dp/B01574SNES/ref=lp_6427871011_1_1

As for the movie itself, the prequels proved how little previews matter, if nothing else. The movie will live or die based on how well the writers do.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll say I'm expecting less and less from this film...

It's pretty obvious that at this point, this is a set-up film for an entire new cast. This takes time to do and will probably consume the entire first film. In short, I'll expect more solid plot from the 2nd film rather than this one.

This isn't a negative/positive in my book...it just is what it is.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm a Darth Darth Binks believer now.

Yeah, new movie looks rather underwhelming.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The prequel trilogy would rule if it were true.

The new movie is directed by Jar Jar Abrams after all. :)

I really hope they don't make Luke a villain. But the lack of Luke in any promotional materials makes me worried. Hopefully he's just the new Obi Wan/Yoda figure in these flicks. Either way they are hiding something.

I've come to terms that I'm just way to attached to the extended universe novels. This was my Star Wars for years but now it's no longer canon. Where is my Grand Admiral Thrawn movie dammit?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I dunno. Hamill loves playing evil characters in his voice acting work.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The new movie is directed by Jar Jar Abrams after all. :)

I really hope they don't make Luke a villain. But the lack of Luke in any promotional materials makes me worried. Hopefully he's just the new Obi Wan/Yoda figure in these flicks. Either way they are hiding something.

I've come to terms that I'm just way to attached to the extended universe novels. This was my Star Wars for years but now it's no longer cannon. Where is my Grand Admiral Thrawn movie dammit?
The EU is SHIT, the Thrawn trilogy was SHIT, and guess what? None of that hacky EU bullshit was ever canon. Ever. Lucas must have said a million times that the canon was just the movies themselves and nothing extra.

The one scrap of optimism I hold for these new movies is that they have said flat-out they are ignoring all the miserable EU garbage. HalleFUCKINGlujah.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Is Shadows of the Empire not canon? That seemed to me to be the only ever EU book that got some kind of "blessing."

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The canon, according to Lucasfilm at the time they established it, is:

The movies
The clone wars CGI movie
The six season Clone Wars TV series
Rebels

Everything else is 'canon' in the sense that it happened unless the movies do something to invalidate them, at which point they are no longer canon.

I'm pretty sure that, at present, Shadows is considered 'canon' in the soft sense, meaning that if they ever wanted to fill in the gap between Episode 5 and 6 with a different story, it would no longer be canon.

But a lot of material has come out talking about the Outrider being the ship of Dash Rendar, and Black Sun is widely recognized in the same sense so I'm pretty sure it still happened in the minds of the current content authors, for whatever that's worth.

I like Shadows of the Empire. One of the few EU things I liked.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The EU is SHIT, the Thrawn trilogy was SHIT, and guess what? None of that hacky EU bullshit was ever canon. Ever. Lucas must have said a million times that the canon was just the movies themselves and nothing extra.

The one scrap of optimism I hold for these new movies is that they have said flat-out they are ignoring all the miserable EU garbage. HalleFUCKINGlujah.
star-wars-7-rumor-emperor-returning.jpg