Latest Neo Hori Mod.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Zapatistab does excellent controller mods. Ben is a very trustworthy member....don't hesitate to send your stick to him for mods.

I personally own this stick modded by zapatistab.....
ae8e.jpg

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Neo Ash said:
Zapatistab does excellent controller mods. Ben is a very trustworthy member....don't hesitate to send your stick to him for mods.

I personally own this stick modded by zapatistab.....
ae8e.jpg
:conf: How long are the cords on those sticks?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
neo_X7 said:
:conf: How long are the cords on those sticks?
The stick still has its original cable. The HORI sticks have slightly longer cables than the old-style sticks.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
super-saiya-jin said:
What does the mod improve?

Basically the old Hori Neo parts and removed and Sanwa parts are added. If the stick is cosmetically bad, then I add some extra coats of primer and black paint. If the stick is in excellent condition, then I only add the Neo Geo Sticker and a coat of clear paint. I do that so the Neo Sticker will never rub off, and the stock decals won't ever fade or get scratched off.

If you are familiar with Sanwa parts, then you know that the quality is much improved over stock parts. I don't personally have a preference over Sanwa or Happ, but some people swear by Sanwa and say they are the best. Oh and also there are Seimetsu Japanese parts as well.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
and then there's me, who is about the only person on the face of the earth who prefers happ ultimate sticks (but would like to try a perfect 360 one of these years)

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
zapatistab said:
Basically the old Hori Neo parts and removed and Sanwa parts are added. If the stick is cosmetically bad, then I add some extra coats of primer and black paint. If the stick is in excellent condition, then I only add the Neo Geo Sticker and a coat of clear paint. I do that so the Neo Sticker will never rub off, and the stock decals won't ever fade or get scratched off.

If you are familiar with Sanwa parts, then you know that the quality is much improved over stock parts. I don't personally have a preference over Sanwa or Happ, but some people swear by Sanwa and say they are the best. Oh and also there are Seimetsu Japanese parts as well.
Wow thats pretty cool. If i still had a hori stick I would have sent it to you straight away.

zapatistab

Currently I am modding a Neo Famicon stick to work on a PS1/PS2. It's a very long way from being complete. It's going to require alot more work than I anticipated. It's going to be white with Green Sanwa Buttons/Sanwa Joystick with a Green BallTop. The bolts that held the original stick are Black, so I will probably use Black buttons for Start and Select. Probably Happ Buttons, since the Start and Select buttons are not important. The stick is about as wide as Neo Hori sticks, so I am going to leave it with a six button layout. I will post it in the creative forums to see what people think.

If I can get my hands on another Neo Hori Stick, then I will post in the selling forums before I put it on Ebay. (Modded of course)

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
oh, interesting info, that s a long time i wanted to know if a neo hori stick can be modded with sanwa part ! i will probably bought and mod one in the end of the year or the next year !

thanks for this thread :) :buttrock:

edit : i have a question, a old style stick can be modded or that s impossible ?

zapatistab

Stephane said:
oh, interesting info, that s a long time i wanted to know if a neo hori stick can be modded with sanwa part ! i will probably bought and mod one in the end of the year or the next year !

thanks for this thread :) :buttrock:

edit : i have a question, a old style stick can be modded or that s impossible ?

Regarding Hori Neo Sticks. The buttons fit perfectly, but you have to shave down the plastic brackets that hold down the stock stick. Also remove the metal plate so that you can drill holes into the plastic underneith it, in order to mount the Sanwa stick. My personal stick has two holes going through the metal as well, and cosmetically it doesn't look good. I wanted a modded stick, and I didn't care about taking my time. Mounting the stick underneith the metal plate makes it look ten times better.

I don't own an old style stick, but from the looks of it, I don't think it can be modded.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
ok thank, when i will bought one and if i find no one to mod them for me in france, i will maybe send you the stick for a mod, maybe ! And thank again for the info :)