Last Hope: Pink Bullets by NG:DEV Team coming to MVS format this year (2010)!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
When the source of difficulty is because you're unable to discern the bullets from explosion debris, that's a technical difficulty.

Exactly. I've had the CD pink bullets version and it's a major improvement. I have no interest in ever adding it to my neo collection, but it's a good game and nice welcome on my DC.

Last Hope AES should be on the AES price guide, now that all the copies of it have been sold by NGDEVTEAM.

Perhaps you should make a poll about it.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Well, I'd pay a decent price (less than $40) for teh ROMz, and make my own MVS cartridge. But I refuse to pay $400-$800 for the thing, it's just not worth that to me. Even if it was a brand spanking new Blazing Star fresh off the assembly line and never touched by human hands, I wuold never pay an arcade op price for it. Never. No matter how cool it is.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I don't think I've seen any pirated mvs cart of the first Last Hope.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Don't worry about me asking. I prefer the DC version anyways.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm with the DC people now, however I used to be upset about the homecart release and not a MVS release, but after playing the game on the Neo CD and DC I can rest at ease that my MVS hardware isn't missing out on much. Last Hope is a good game but given the price tag on the homecarts I don't see the MVS carts being much cheaper.

On another note, is nice to see developements like these on the Neo.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It depends on the number of copies made, as development costs are split among the copies on top of manufacturing costs. Having 600 instead of 60 copies for sale would drive the cost down significantly.

Make more; save more, simple economics.
I'd be down for a copy. PB Is awesome

edit:

Why not start making some Shocks for them?
I'll start; it's not great and I don't have PS, so don't expect miracles, but it's a starting point.

pb.jpg

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hey that's pretty good work. I 'm not sure if SH would accept submission of unreleased titles though.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
i say we get the NG boys in here and ask em (or someone can just email them lol)

i think the game is pretty fun having played it on DC..could use some more 'umph in the sound effects though; they feel pretty SNES-ish.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I just checked out the website linked on the first page and it shows the CONSUMER version available NOW (shipping as of June 2010)... but at $459.00 EU I don't think I'll be buying any time soon.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I just checked out the website linked on the first page and it shows the CONSUMER version available NOW (shipping as of June 2010)... but at $459.00 EU I don't think I'll be buying any time soon.

That's for Fast Striker, Last Hope mvs has no release date yet.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Yep as stated above, it's Fast Strikers that you found. Don't expect the prices to go anywhere but up with such limited quantities released on copy protected pcbs.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I'd be very surprised if the price is under the £300-$400 mark unfortunately :(

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
i say we get the NG boys in here and ask em (or someone can just email them lol)

i think the game is pretty fun having played it on DC..could use some more 'umph in the sound effects though; they feel pretty SNES-ish.

I e-mailed them and Timm said there is still plans for this release, but a release date will not be set until Fast Striker has sold out.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
400-800 for some homebrew shit is just nutty.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
400-800 for some homebrew shit is just nutty.

Half the SNKP games were glorified homebrew shit.

At least Last Hope uses new sprites. That's more effort than can be said for countless "official" neo titles.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Half the SNKP games were glorified homebrew shit.

At least Last Hope uses new sprites. That's more effort than can be said for countless "official" neo titles.

Oh thats bs. Even the shitty SNKP games were worth playing. KOF 2002 was a SNKP game and many others were that have had strong scenes. Homebrew shit from someone not SNKP charging almost double SNKP prices is completely inexcusable.

There are to many elements to this scene that is bad for it. Officially, these guys can't even make a game for that format and sell it at all, they aren't licensed to do so, so every cent that goes into it makes it acceptable to homebrew stuff for retard prices. If you are going to break the rules, break them economically. Otherwise, you're just another historical fuckwad like !arcade! just trying to make money off the scene.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Oh thats bs. Even the shitty SNKP games were worth playing. KOF 2002 was a SNKP game and many others were that have had strong scenes. Homebrew shit from someone not SNKP charging almost double SNKP prices is completely inexcusable.

There are to many elements to this scene that is bad for it. Officially, these guys can't even make a game for that format and sell it at all, they aren't licensed to do so, so every cent that goes into it makes it acceptable to homebrew stuff for retard prices. If you are going to break the rules, break them economically. Otherwise, you're just another historical fuckwad like !arcade! just trying to make money off the scene.
Even a new AES game at a ridiculous price is way better than having no new games at all.
I'd agree that KOF2002 and KOF2003 were good SNKP games, but others like Metal Slug 5 and Samurai Shodown 5 and 5 Special are crap compared to the earlier SNK games in their respective series.
I doubt NG.DEVTEAM are just in it for the money. If they were, why would they bother developing for an old system (that's hard to develop for, with big AES carts that are hard to make money from), if they could have just stuck to developing for the Neo CD and DC?
As for the commercial release of Fast Striker, it is cheaper (in today's dollars) than the original SNK MVS kit releases that were sold to arcade operators.