Last Hope (Neo CD version)

Austin

n00b
I searched for some info on Last Hope here, but ended up getting dozens of threads that have nothing to do with it.. Figured I would go ahead and start a new thread.

I received my Neo CD version of it the other day, straight from NG : DEV. While this game is a few years old now, I had never tried it until receiving it. I have to say, it's a pretty f***ing awesome feeling playing a "new" Neo Geo CD game in 2010.. Who would have ever thought? (on a side note, if anyone wants to add this to their collection, you can get "used" copies off the official NG DEV web site for I believe under $30 USD after shipping.. comes with a playthrough DVD as well)

All in all, I am enjoying it. Have always been a big fan of the R-Type and Pulstar-style games, really.. And while this one isn't as polished, it's still a nice clone. I have seen it get some flak, though, and I can see why. Still, it's a good effort and I am having fun with it. Honestly, what I am most impressed about are the load times. I am on a regular top-loader and it's probably under ten seconds of loading between stages. Quite impressive when sat next to Pulstar! :)

Anyways, I am curious, what are your thoughts on this one? Also, I wanted to know, was this released as a MVS cart? I understand the AES one was very, VERY limited.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
MVS is set to release I think 3rd quarter 2010.

Clessy

Banned
The load times on a cdz are god like. I'd have to say there is literally next to none. By far the best loading game on the system.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I really enjoy my copy of Last Hope for NGCD...still cant beat the final stage though

Austin

n00b
I really enjoy my copy of Last Hope for NGCD...still cant beat the final stage though

I am having a helluva time with the Stage 5 boss. I beat him once the other day, but now I am having problems doing it again.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
Limited number of a good game being 300 - 500 dollars sounds about right for collectors value.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Limited number of a good game being 300 - 500 dollars sounds about right for collectors value.

If I was a collector and I had to have 'em all, then I'd get it . But that's not case for me. Not yet anyway. :hammer:

It seems for some collectors it goes like this.
1-Get them all.
2-Don't get killed by wife.
3-????.
4-Profit.
5-Start over...

Hopefully I never get to this point even though it can be a decent investment since rarer games always seem to pick up in value with time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
We might get another sticker shock like we did with Fast Striker. 300-500 Euros maybe.