Last blade modes

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Against the A.I. power mode. Can't get by Mushasi with speed mode and LB2 is even worse. Against real opponents anything but EX mode. Used it once and I'll never use it again.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Dang I forgot to post this yesterday!

Characters that are best in Speed:
Hibiki
Moriya
Akari
Kojiroh
Lee
Zantetsu
Setsuna

Characters that are best in Power:
Kaede
Amano
Juzoh
Washizuka
Zantetsu(yes, he also fights good in power)
Kagami
Genbu Okina
Shigen

Did I forgot someone?

Well of course this is my findings and maybe you prefer your characters on diff. modes. Each to his own.

------------------
Stand still so I can hit ya! Wuss!!!

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
geez, no one use zantetsu here??

combo at corner at peak red on EX:
any normal combo -> SDM slash -> (quickly) Super Combo Rush (A, B, C, d+C, A, d+C, f+BC) -> SDM slash again

[This message has been edited by Wolferaizer (edited April 24, 2001).]

Kamui

New Challenger
People should know that power mode becomes all but useless in later play, even for Setsuna, who is arguably the best chr for Power Mode next to the big ston guy)i forget his name). Power Mode automatically loses to speed mode for free, too the extent where if they just block one of your attacks they can land a free combo on you becuase the recovery on Power mode attacks is so bad(even most light attacks), no need to even parry. You also lose chains, which have a lot more uses other than just cool looking combos. If you start a chain theres a long enough period of time from begining to end to see if its blocked or not, if its blocked you end it with a special attack that will leave you safe even if they block it, or you can just stop the chain midway if you expect a mid chain parry. If it hits continue with your most damaging combo. Despite parries bieng somewhat of a threat to speed mode becuase of the easy to see multiple hits, it deosnt matter, your going to be waiting for them to attack first, then counter on there recovery.

IF your going to play power mode though, i suggest you use Setsuna. He is IMO the best power chr in the game. His Jump HS after a Hop just covers a massive amount of area, and becuase it hits twice its out on the way up from your jump AND on the way down. He basically gets to jump for free, with little worry of retaliation(if they parry, which will happen a lot, the amount of damage they can do to you is limited becuase your airborn). This is your best set up for doing damage as you dont need to worry about timing the jump in and you cant rely on your ground attacks as much. He also has multi hit HS's, though not as fast as speed mode chains, he still his has long 2 hit attacks, which are useful for what mentioned above about having more time to actually see whether or not that attack hits and canceling it into a safer move if blocked. Power mode Setsuna is also something to fear when he hits red(though most people dont stay in red for long), he gains the ability to use his lightning "Charge" super, which has the ability to nail people while there on the ground for good damage, and you gain his "charge" properties, which btw if he lands a Toward + C on you while your in the corner with a charge, your dead, period, he can juggle you for a max of 75% damage easy.

Still I dont reccomend power mode, with the exception of the occasional Sestuna play.

[This message has been edited by Kamui (edited April 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kamui (edited April 24, 2001).]

TKHM

n00b
Power mode is not THAT useless, even though speed mode has a major advantage over it in close battle. Just try to stay out of Speed's best range with back back or something, or throw when Speed mode people won't let you escape and got too close.

I noticed that power mode rely on throws more than speed mode(at least in my arcade), may be because power mode needs throws to compete with speed mode. Also, I don't think Speed can counter attack if Power is at a certain distance, because I have seen the second A-slash of the combo miss after a successful hit. It is true though that Power mode will die against Speed mode within the A-button range....(cost me a lot of quarters for me to realize that...)

Power mode needs a lot more positioning than speed mode, because of the above reason and because as Kamui said Speed mode can wait and see if the hit connects THEN decides what to do next. You need to have good reflexes (I don't) to do the same in Power mode. So I settle with special moves that are safe if blocked in a certain distance.(Note: almost no move of power mode is safe if blocked if you are too close, Kamui mentioned something like that.)

Against speed mode, if they decided not to link any special after the B slash, do any combo start with A, most likely they can't recover fast enough. If they chain the special, do the same if you are in range. Most specials in Last blade 2 has a little lag if blocked. If they block your attack and you are using speed mode, do what Kamui says in the above post. If power mode, back back.

Oh no! Now you all know I don't know a thing in Last blade!
redface.gif
Please tell me any wrong assumption I made in this post and please give me more in depth strategies, I really need those.

------------------
I am a lurker, don't mind me
-TKHM