Large cart deal with Shawn

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have optimistic expectations of putting my hand in a fire and not being burned.

"NGF" is simply a fortress of crooks awaiting fools who attempt to approach them.

They let the first "scout" through fine, and then when the rest of the "game buying army" pours in behind, they'll shut the gates, screw them up the ass, throw'em all over the side, and take their money with them.

Gui Long once said, "If they're still too ignorant not to put their hand in a fire, let them be burned. It's not my problem"

What I find so hard to believe is that Shawn would gladly lead his neo-geo.com "constituents" into the fire with him.

People, don't follow this bad example, but if you do, don't come crying about how you got ripped off...

I wouldn't take FREE games from dion. Who wants to whore themselves out for VIDEO GAMES??

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.net/

[This message has been edited by Billkwando (edited September 15, 2000).]

NGF

NEST Puppet
NGF has had perfect deals with everyone.

We always come through.

All the "talk" has been proven to be lies or misunderstandings. NGF has never just not returned email or not tried to help correct any matters in which NGF was involved.

Shawn received all his items and continues buying more, which proves that he is happy with NGF.

And there was only one other person who had a problem, and NGF corrected it in that person's favor. And he now has a new Shin Oh Ken cartridge for his collection.

Try to look past all the false rumors that geat spread. Neo owners/players/fans should commend each other, not talk trash.

I guess only the collectors are happy for one another.

To this day, we have NEVER heard a collector say bad things towards another collector or NGF.

You guys should learn by their examples.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

NEO

n00b
Hey dumb ass I'm not a collector I just like videogames, I'm not trying to get them all just the ones I want. This isn't Pokemon where you have to cathch em all =). And if I'm not a hardcore collector who gives a shit, I'll still go along with my day. NGF is a buncha babies who need their bottle to survive. So Suck on it.

NEO

n00b
Hey dumb ass I'm not a collector I just like videogames, I'm not trying to get them all just the ones I want. This isn't Pokemon where you have to cathch em all =). And if I'm not a hardcore collector who gives a shit, I'll still go along with my day. NGF is a buncha babies who need their bottle to survive. So Suck on it.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
I think that was rather unfair Lee. I have always enjoyed my neo games, and I like seeing other folks collection pics also. So what if someone else has more or less than I do. My collection pics arent up to brag. I put them up because I enjoy seeing other peoples pics. So maybe someone would get a kick out of seeing mine. Just because you wont put any up, doesnt mean that those of us who do are snobs. Theres lots of different ways that people try to give back to the neo community. Thats just one of many ways.
-nick_th_fury

-------------------------------------------
Some people seem to lose site of that in favor of pure materialism and compulsion. Thats why you'll never see 'collection' pictures on my site, and I'll bet its the same for Bill and others. Sure, I'll scan art and marquees for enjoyment/printing, but its not a way of rubbing my possessions in someones face, its about promoting enjoyment of the Neo.

NEO

n00b
Oh yeah and if I spent over $7,000 on videogames I would have to kick my own ass.

NGF

NEST Puppet
Exactly Nick.

People that put up pics of their collections (any collection) is just to show people what items are out there and to inform. Sure, showing off is part of it, but either way it is still very nice to see.

People should learn to enjoy their hobby.

Nick what's the link to your collection?

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I'd like to add that by simply buying "NGF" games and reselling them, then Shawn is becoming a "branch" of "NGF". Is it any better to resell bootleg crap than it is to own it?

This whole thing is a sad, sad, situation. All in the name of the almighty dollar.

I'll be SOOO happy when the backup unit that NeoGeoHomebrew has been discussing finally gets designed. I'd rather play an emu rom on my cart system than have ANYTHING to to do with this petty-ass "collectors" scene.

Who else here would circumvent this nonsense and simply download your Neo games if you could??

It's not about being a cheapskate, it's about integrity, and not wanting to buy into an illusion of "status" or "stature" gained by owning a certain amount of physical possessions, be it a landrover, a rolex, gold bullion, or every Neo Geo cart.

You guys suck. (you know who you are) You don't hear me bragging about my antique katana or my autographed Brent Spiner card, or what a great Neo fighter I am (and trust me, I am). You send out a message that's totally OPPOSITE of what Neo Geo is ALL ABOUT!!!

Neo Geo means: "If you have two quarters in your pocket, you can drop them in Samurai Shodown 2 and be KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!"

Collecting means: "I have pounds and pounds of silicon, plastic and paper. Worship me, for I am Jack Schitt."

Neo Geo is about SKILL FELLOWSHIP AND BROTHERHOOD. NOT about comparing DICK SIZES!!!

If any of you want a lesson on what Neo Geo is REALLY about, meet me in D.C.

Let's seriously contemplate the concept of boycotting second-hand, private, Neo Geo dealers in favor of working toward a device that will let us all play the games we want, without sacrificing the ability to look at ourselves in the mirror.

Sincerely,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
We don't dump. I simply advocate the use of predumped unencrypted roms on the home cart.

We're not after MOTW or KOF 99. The idea is more geared toward Ninja Masters, Magical Drop, Super Dodgeball and other pricy titles that are out of production, thus no money is lost by the developers.

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
BTW Neither Garg nor I have any problem with "collection pictures", it's the mentality that would lead one to take pictures of one's collection ONLY because it's seen as a status symbol that we have a problem with.

Nick/Trey's pics are cool as hell. He doesn't claim to be a "neo god" either, NOR is he selling overpriced carts in conjunction with posting a (bogus) price list that leads people to pay exorbitant amunts of money in order to be one of the so-called "big tymers", whatever that means.

It's simply the overblown "I own mahjong games but haven't ever played them" attitude that I find disturbing. You know "Gotta catch'em all!"

Pics are great, as long as it's simply because you want to show what you like, not to lord your collection over people as a way to say, "Oh your collection's smaller. I guess you better buy more carts and take more pics or you're gonna be left behind!"

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I still fail to comprehend why players and collectors so frequently continue to mingle with, and even awknowledge the existence of, each other when neither one particularly cares what the other is all about.

One needn't keep interacting on any level with someone who one can't stand, be it for who they are, what they're about, what one believes the other is saying by doing this, that and the other or anything.

Collecting and playing are two poles; completely at opposite ends. There are great joys as well as merits for belonging to either world. Is it so difficult to realize where one is and simply be content in that hemi-sphere, instead of lashing out at reciprocal community members for who they are? Imposing opinions onto others as facts or "ought to's" never accomplishes much if anything. Additionally, in my opinion, it is nobody's business to dictate to another how they should change any aspect of themselves to the suggestor's liking.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
"The Universe divided
As the Heart and Mind collided
With the people left unguided
For so many troubled years
In a cloud of doubts and fears
Their world was torn asunder
Into hollow Hemispheres

Some fought themselves, some fought each other
Most just followed one another
Lost and aimless like their brothers
For their hearts were so unclear
And the truth could not appear
Their spirits were divided
Into blinded Hemispheres"
-Rush

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
But when has there EVER been a collector that has said something negative about a gamer?

Never.

It is the jealous little 5 or 6 gamers that always have something to say to the collectors. Never the other way around. (I wonder why)

Most collectors work hard to provide for themselves and their family. And in the end, everyone strives for the same goals.

Don't be mad because other people have had good fortunes and have been able to attain what they desire through years of hard work.

It truly shows ingorance when people try to say bad things about other peoples accomplishments.

God bless, when a person can aspire to greatness.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited September 15, 2000).]

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
"God bless, when a person can aspire to greatness."-dion

Since when has anyone acheived "greatness" through the possessions they've bought? That just goes to show how fucked up you and your priorities are.

Dude, I would kill myself if I were you.

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
As Sean "Puffy" Combs said about becoming a multi-millinaire.....

...."People hate me now....but I won't stop now."

As Bill Gates said about his company Microsoft....

...."At first everybody loved us, then they wanted to be partners with us, now they want to destroy us, so they can in turn become us."

Same holds true with NGF.

Everything people are TRYING to do now, NGF has been doing for 4 years.

NGF will be here when everyone else has left.
We have already seen people come and go like the wind....including SNK employees and SNK the company.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

NEO

n00b
Trust me I have very good fortune I just choose to have common sense. A video game is just that, a video game. They all do the same thing which is bring us enjoyment but when you spend that type of money and I don't care if you are middle class, or upper class, thats alot of money just for videogames and people are not jealous at least I'm not, they are mostly thinking ignorance on the part of people paying this much. You guys must be retards to pay that much for damn video games. Grow up and get girlfriends. Oh yeah and I just took a shit in the pot do I hear $7200 ??? its home brewed !!!!

NGF

NEST Puppet
Aspiring to greatness by being able to do the things you want to do and not cry about it when others can do it.

Aspire to greatness by providing for yourself.

Aspire to greatness by providing for your family.

Once again, BK Smalls has proven his intelect level and infatuation with things revolving around NGF.

In one day the little "congrat" post has become 2 pages long and about close to 50 replies.

NGF - keeping the faith alive

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited September 15, 2000).]

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
"...will be here when everyone else has left.
We have already seen people come and go like the wind...."

Geez, more like cock roaches...

If people like Shawn would stop intentionally turning a blind eye to your crookedness and succumbing to greed, then you'd be gone right now.

You know what? I'm starting to think you guys deserve each other. Have fun, it's not my problem.

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
BK Smalls, there are MANY collectors out there that are all buying the NGF carts.
More than you guys can imagine.

If you had the means, you know you would also.

But as it has been said..."God bless."

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
More than you guys can imagine.

I've got a fairly capacious imagination. Please do entertain us all with some figures.

[This message has been edited by DolphinLord (edited September 15, 2000).]