Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I hope they'll remove killing those dogs at 00:40 & 04:33 -- it looks disgusting. The Robo-Army like cyborg-dogs are o.k.

Also nice: 60fps! It'll be very interesting to see, if this technical advantage is enough to compensate for the lack of originality.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Great news on the video - it does look impressive imo, and great news on Rafael coming back to do the music - that's music to my ears (pun intended!)! But, I am still a bit annoyed that I now have to wait until 2017 for Gunlord and Last Hope.

EDIT: I have to say after watching more of the video, WOW at the work that has gone in so far! Very impressed!

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I hope they'll remove killing those dogs at 00:40 & 04:33 -- it looks disgusting. The Robo-Army like cyborg-dogs are o.k.

Also nice: 60fps! It'll be very interesting to see, if this technical advantage is enough to compensate for the lack of originality.

Yep, killing the dogs is not really nice. I also disliked that on original Wolfenstein. Hope they remove it. Same with the bear they showed on the previous video.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Damn, the video was worth the wait huge difference between last 2 videos. The backgrounds and animation look phenomenal. I noticed bugs flying around the street lights very good stuff really dug the robot walker/ loader as well.

I agree totally! It's looking like it could be of the same pedigree as Metal Slug. The real difficulty is balancing the game play etc, I imagine that taking a while to get just right for the different difficulty levels. I do hope that they retain Rafaels music from 1st video - that original opening theme music and the snow level music he did on video 1 totally rocked. Glad I downloaded the first 2 trailers and I've just downloaded this one as well =D

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Great trailer, I'm in! What a time to be alive, it's incredible that we can get an effort of this caliber for a platform that sunset so long ago.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Wow, I'm pretty impressed about how the game advanced! The only nitpicking I have is that some of the enemy bullets have strange flight characteristics (too much diagonal). But apart from that the backgrounds, music and explosions look and sound awesome, a huge improvement over the first video. And I like that there doesn't seem to be too much emphasis on those masks. Also the multi path branching (Hi MS3) and the various difficulties are nice features.

Ever played The Ninja Warriors or Resident Evil? What's so wrong about the dog killing?
And the 60fps were for the video only.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Nice looking game, I have to say. I'd be in for a copy if it wasn't so similar to MS. Looks like it'll be a quality game though, well done.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
great work timm; the new gas mask units look sick. loving all the tanks / walkers with the german helmet shape design on top. nice touch with soldiers shooting from behind the pillars too.

if i had one request it would be to emphasize the mask power-up transformations with time freeze and flash effects ala altered beast / kid chameleon.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Ever played The Ninja Warriors or Resident Evil? What's so wrong about the dog killing?.

These dogs look nothing like those you mentioned, they're too kind in their graphical appearance. It just doesn't feel right, you may feel different.

And the 60fps were for the video only.

So the last point changed to 30fps...

Game Features (exact details are subject to change):

- Mask feature: Wear different masks to change your characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.
- 5-6 end bosses and several sub bosses
- 2 player simultaneous mode CO-OP: players can interact with each other.
- 8-way: Allows to shoot in 8 directions
- Swaying: Some weapons allow 16-direction by swaying with the joystick
- Switch weapons: quick tap 'D' to switch between weapon I and II
- Grenade hold: Hold joystick in direction to throw grenades more far
- Ledge drop: Use the terrain and obstacles to your advantage
- Position lock: Hold your position while aiming
- Chain based scoring system to provide a long term challenge
- multiple heights/ways platforming for more ways to play the game
- 3 "routes" / difficulties
- Arcade perfect playtime of approx. 35 minutes per run (normal route)
- 60fps

...for me, this was a key feature.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Yep, killing the dogs is not really nice. I also disliked that on original Wolfenstein. Hope they remove it. Same with the bear they showed on the previous video.

You guys are way too sensitive. They're cartoon dogs in a video game.....relax. If you don't like it then just don't shoot them, problem solved.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
You guys are way too sensitive. They're cartoon dogs in a video game.....relax. If you don't like it then just don't shoot them, problem solved.

Yep, I thought the same when I wrote it. Funny that I find annoying killing a dog or a bear in the game, but gunning down hundreds of soldiers seems funny. Go figure human psychology.

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Newsletter:
Video: https://youtu.be/IzAGkLOJ-No

Dear NEOGEO fans,

We haven't decided on voice recordings yet, but we will do some experiments with it later this year too.

Video: https://youtu.be/IzAGkLOJ-No

We added Kraut Buster AES (regular) back to the shop for a limited time to increase the budget further.

Best regards,
NGDEV

This video came out quite nice.

Voices are crucial. Hearing the voice say the name of the weapon that i just picked up is one of my favorite parts about ms as well as hearing the voice say the players name and the "you're great" at the end of a well played level. Of course you can over do it with the voices. (bonus is said way to many times in blazing star.) So don't fuck it up. Im thinking that you come up with some fancy new weapons names and have the voice say the fancy new weapons name and also when you pick up grenades n stuffs. Do something similar with the masks too. And a some kind of compliment once you kicked ass through the level.

Hope that the invisible player in the respawn is a glitch.

Those boulders at the boss seem odd, the way they fall, something just don't jive, rocks don't fall like that, seems like their speed changes as they fall down the screen...

Glad to see this game get better

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Its looking good. If I were to guess a release my money would be the second half of 2017.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Those boulders at the boss seem odd, the way they fall, something just don't jive, rocks don't fall like that, seems like their speed changes as they fall down the screen...

Well, in real life things do not fall at a constant speed, they accelerate 9.8m/s^2 until hit the floor (or reach terminal velocity, but only then they fall at an approximately constant speed).

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I have to say, it looks really good. I am impressed. Still it is a shame they are putting all that effort into what is basically a Metal Slug clone.

If only they could use their powers for good!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The graphics and sound look amazing, I'm pretty impressed. Is it just me though or did the gameplay look a bit... slow? It's seems like it takes a fair bit of time to clear each screen before progressing - not so much running in this run and gun.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Color me impressed! This new video should help generate some more orders :)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
My first reaction is that it went from being a Metal Slug clone to being a Metal Slug/Contra III mash-up. The game looks great, but not enough for me to throw down the coin for it. I just don't see anything really original about it. I'd totally buy it if they released it on PSN or something similar, though.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Looks pretty cool to me, plenty of other games to play in the meantime while waiting for this one to ship.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Can't wait to see people flipping this game for more than actual genuine SNK games.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
That thing is pricey. Were their other releases that much at launch?

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
It seems to me that the background music is too loud? or just for this video?