KOFSammy beta-test (beelzebbuble, check this)

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Shiroi Kaze posted this at s-c.com:

"It's being tested at two locations, one in Tokyo and one in Osaka... the names and times are at the top of this page- http://www.able-corp.com/timely.htm

The test in Tokyo is in Ikebukuro at the Sunshine City Prince Hotel on the second floor... it's kind of hard to make out but I think there's an arcade there called "Rainbow" and that's from 1pm to 5pm on the 16th."

It´s not only KOFSammy, but Rumblefish and Salaryman Kintaro, it seems.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

Beelze, dude get the info!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
OMFG

What the hell is Salaryman Kintaro?
Maybe it's Ge Ge Ge no Kintaro after he grew up and has to earn a living to support all the ghosts. Maybe not.

edit: actually, I guess that was "Kitaro" with the ghosts... nevermind.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
buttasuperb said:
Hopefully it will be Sega putting out the "Work" game from Shenmue 2 where you push boxes :loco:

Anyways, B, Get pics!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Why haven't we chipped in yet and bought bb a little digi-cam to take to the tests? Oh well, can't wait to hear what people think of it,

-Nick

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Dio_Brando said:
Shiroi Kaze posted this at s-c.com:

"It's being tested at two locations, one in Tokyo and one in Osaka... the names and times are at the top of this page- http://www.able-corp.com/timely.htm

The test in Tokyo is in Ikebukuro at the Sunshine City Prince Hotel on the second floor... it's kind of hard to make out but I think there's an arcade there called "Rainbow" and that's from 1pm to 5pm on the 16th."

It´s not only KOFSammy, but Rumblefish and Salaryman Kintaro, it seems.
The impression I got from the address was that "Niji" [Rainbow] would be the name of the room on the 2nd floor of the Ikebukuro Sunshine City Prince Hotel where the event is being held (thinking of how hotels with meeting room / convention room space will give the rooms different names (Pacific, etc.) instead of numbers, so attendees will more easily remember which room they need to be in for a given seminar, lecture, etc.). This makes sense to me given the fact that the event is being referred to as a "Sammy Private Show" -- makes me wonder if it's not open to the public and is simply a press-only (or even invite-only) event.

buttasuperb said:
Salaryman Kintarou is a popular long-running manga series, published by Shuueisha and serialized in Young Jump. The series is up to 30 vols. There's also a live-action adaptation available on R-2 DVD and VHS.

--Chris

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i checked the page...

it says its a private sammy show held at some hotel.

it also makes no mention of kof at all. it says rumble fish, salary man network and "other games"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
i checked the page...

it says its a private sammy show held at some hotel.

it also makes no mention of kof at all. it says rumble fish, salary man network and "other games"

:annoyed: Oh well,

-Nick

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
lets look at it this way. if they do show the game (kof) at that show we should start to hear about it soon after..

:)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
lets look at it this way. if they do show the game (kof) at that show we should start to hear about it soon after..

:)

:(

It makes more sense to build hype after they release KOF 3D.

But we'll see, hopefully E3.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
the roker said:
:(

It makes more sense to build hype after they release KOF 3D.

But we'll see, hopefully E3.

E3 is not an arcade show, there are hardly ever any arcade centric games there. Now, a port of it may be shown, but don't expect to see too much Atomiswave goodness at E3. ASI, on the other hand, would be the ideal place for SNK/Sammy to debut it in the US, and that is coming up in March I believe,

-Nick

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Dio_brando that's two topics your claiming info that isn't exacty right. You're making assumptions.
Anyway if we do hear about KOF on the AW I'll probably die gizzing myself

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
OrochiEddie said:
Dio_brando that's two topics your claiming info that isn't exacty right. You're making assumptions.

And where am i saying "this is what is going to happen"? Tell me, please.

In one post i say "It´s not only KOFSammy, but Rumblefish and Salaryman Kintaro, it seems". In the other, "The way he wrote, it sounds like a SNKP-Atomiswave announcement" and "Meaning, it´s something he expected SNKP to announce, but Sammy did".

One is a post by Shiroi Kaze (which i clearly quoted), the other is a post by Trieu (which i clearly linked to and quoted part of it). SK was indeed talking about KOFSammy in his post (go check s-c.com, and how it was labeled as KOF), and Trieu was talking about Sammy and SNKP.

There´s no confusion at all. They said what they said.

You want me to repeat it to you, or do you want in baby-speak so you can understand it?

"Some information has been leaked, so rather than reading it across the internet, writing it for our readers is more fun. Weird thing is, I was typing up the article about the big announcement (which we received info from a Sammy Insider, not SNK...hint, hint), and while surfing the net, read some little articles of SNK Playmore's new plans for the future."

Last time i checked, this board is "News & Rumors".

You don´t like it, go somewhere else.

And learn to read while you´re at it.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I can't remember for sure but I think it was Binary Code that said a couple months ago about someone: "And the n00b comes out swinging!" which cracked me up, even though I'm reletively new to the boards myself. Take it easy, Dio, I don't think any harm was meant...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah dio, chill out m8.

ppl take their neo news pretty seriously here.. lets not have a fight about it...

:D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
And where am i saying "this is what is going to happen"? Tell me, please.

In one post i say "It´s not only KOFSammy, but Rumblefish and Salaryman Kintaro, it seems". In the other, "The way he wrote, it sounds like a SNKP-Atomiswave announcement" and "Meaning, it´s something he expected SNKP to announce, but Sammy did".

One is a post by Shiroi Kaze (which i clearly quoted), the other is a post by Trieu (which i clearly linked to and quoted part of it). SK was indeed talking about KOFSammy in his post (go check s-c.com, and how it was labeled as KOF), and Trieu was talking about Sammy and SNKP.

There´s no confusion at all. They said what they said.

You want me to repeat it to you, or do you want in baby-speak so you can understand it?

"Some information has been leaked, so rather than reading it across the internet, writing it for our readers is more fun. Weird thing is, I was typing up the article about the big announcement (which we received info from a Sammy Insider, not SNK...hint, hint), and while surfing the net, read some little articles of SNK Playmore's new plans for the future."

Last time i checked, this board is "News & Rumors".

You don´t like it, go somewhere else.

And learn to read while you´re at it.

err.....thats not the point I was making. The article said something about testing games that weren't KOF Sammy but, thats what you labeled the topic. I wasn't jabbing at ya just making a statement. I'm expecting one thing when i see a topic called "KOF ATOMISEWAVE beta testing" and the article itself actually has nothing about it. Just think a little

If you're going to get pissy over every little thing that people say this is definately not the place you want to be. People here will eat you alive for causing comotions over stupid crap. A lot of people leave this board because of it. Honestly this place can be quite nasty and if you're going to get pissy over stupid crap then you're the one who doesn't belong. I've been here for a year so I know I belong....but do you?...n00b!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
nruva said:
E3 is not an arcade show, there are hardly ever any arcade centric games there. Now, a port of it may be shown, but don't expect to see too much Atomiswave goodness at E3. ASI, on the other hand, would be the ideal place for SNK/Sammy to debut it in the US, and that is coming up in March I believe,

-Nick

I agree with you, but wasn't SVC shown at E3?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
yeah dio, chill out m8.

ppl take their neo news pretty seriously here.. lets not have a fight about it...

yup listen to the wise master :)
just calm down, relax, this is a community so take on yourself and all together we won t make it a trash.

if you want to get pissed off freely and express your dark side, just go to the warroom, it s made for that :p

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the roker said:
I agree with you, but wasn't SVC shown at E3?

but you couldn't play it. It was more of a "hey guys PLaymore here to show you we actually do make games....No really we do....STOP LAUGHING DAMN YOU! Ah fuck just his play for this two minute preview and keep looping it while we offer freeplay of old KOF's....GENIOUS!"