KOF94 Remake Confirmed & NeoGeo CD controllers being released for the PS2

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
@shito

はいはい、8月のMI、10月の2003、そして12月のオレたちの94リメイクの3タイトルを全部お買いあげのお客様に、抽選ですばらしいプレゼントをご用意いたしておりまっス。」

shingo says that if you buy mi, 2k3 and the 94 remake youll get a present. thing is saishu doesnt even bat an eyelid at hearing this so id say its true...

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Yeah, I remember reading something abut sending in proofs of purchase for the three KOF games coming out and you would be able to recieve some kind of little figure of Mai or Athena I think it was. That might be a little off, however.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Going to go play KOF '94 for a while, need to see what I think needs tweaked. I think it's possible to love all the King of Fighters. It had to start somewhere and it was a whole new concept when it was first released. So damn cool this is actually gonna happen, a few weeks ago I just thought this was nonsense, but now I'm still trying to grasp the fact that this is actually going to happen.

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
the '94 remake sounds ok by me...

but why a NGCD pad? i'd rather prefer a NG stick. . .
bah... anyways, i myself havnt even used a NGCD pad. ..

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
roninbuddha said:
the '94 remake sounds ok by me...

but why a NGCD pad? i'd rather prefer a NG stick. . .
bah... anyways, i myself havnt even used a NGCD pad. ..

Assuming this is for PS2, there is already tons of Arcade sticks out there for it. But the NGCD pad is pretty original in its design, and I have never seen anything else like it. Therefore I think a NGCD pad has more sale potential, also considering they would probably be pretty cheap.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Visuatrox said:
Assuming this is for PS2, there is already tons of Arcade sticks out there for it. But the NGCD pad is pretty original in its design, and I have never seen anything else like it. Therefore I think a NGCD pad has more sale potential, also considering they would probably be pretty cheap.
That's really not a bad point, in that even as much as I'm not a huge fan of the NGCD pad for fighters, it would maybe be better than the PS2 pad (although I'm fine with that, too). I'd probably even take it over the Saturn-esque ASCII CvS fighting pad for Dreamcast. It's also worth mentioning that the CD pad is small even in packaging, as compared to a stick, which may be a slight factor. I'm sure it's also cheaper to produce (assuming these aren't left over stock to begin with).

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Concerning the NGCD pad remake, I think the button layout needs to be changed to this:

AC
BD

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
SnairDogg said:
Concerning the NGCD pad remake, I think the button layout needs to be changed to this:

AC
BD

Why would they do that? To alienate every possible buyer?

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Dio_Brando said:
Why the fuck would they do that? To alienate every possible buyer?
Hmm maybe I'm wrong. I haven't used the pad personally, but I'm thinking if the layout was like KOF cabs it would be nice. Maybe I just need to get a cd pad and see how it plays firsthand...

Stokers

Geese's Thug
Hmm interesting indeed...

94 was the only one of the series i didnt play much.

My fav of the series is still either 98 or 99.

Might have to grab the orig 94 see what all the fuss is about

Last edited:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
SnairDogg said:

AC
BD

Really it shouldn't matter as with a PS2 title you should be able to reconfigure the buttons to be how you want them. Don't think I have played a single game for PS1 or PS2 where you couldn't do this in fact so if you want to play the game configured like that you will be able to no matter what the default is. :D

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Orochi Iori Y said:
Really it shouldn't matter as with a PS2 title you should be able to reconfigure the buttons to be how you want them. Don't think I have played a single game for PS1 or PS2 where you couldn't do this in fact so if you want to play the game configured like that you will be able to no matter what the default is. :D
True, how silly of me to overlook this. I'm thinking to myself though...is the free gift only going to be available to the Japanese? Or will we have to get the imports? And lastly, will they accept the xbox KOF '02/'03 double pack UPC's? I guess no one will know the answer to any of these questions, but I thought maybe you guys are wondering these same things?

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Man The neo pad is wicked, any of you guys who say the Pad is crap its not the pad its you who's shit. I can pull of any combo that anybody can pull of on the joystick.
:oh_no:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
so can i but the joypad really is a little crappy. i think the buttons should have been put from left to right or remain the same but the thing they really gotta change is the directyional pad. its the best ever on a pad but the damn thing get dirty and broken so fast, especially if you let friends play that never used it. i got 4 or 5 pads at home and only 2 work good. one excelen and one very good. if they can fix that directional pad then it would be a dope yoypad. the best even almost as good as hte arcadestick since i never really had any trouble doing dificult things on it. but since its a pad you gotta change handpositions during fights if you have to hit 2 or 3 buttons at the same time ( your opponent will notice your planning something like a super etc.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
so can i but the joypad really is a little crappy. i think the buttons should have been put from left to right or remain the same but the thing they really gotta change is the directyional pad. its the best ever on a pad but the damn thing get dirty and broken so fast, especially if you let friends play that never used it. i got 4 or 5 pads at home and only 2 work good. one excelen and one very good. if they can fix that directional pad then it would be a dope yoypad. the best even almost as good as hte arcadestick since i never really had any trouble doing dificult things on it. but since its a pad you gotta change handpositions during fights if you have to hit 2 or 3 buttons at the same time ( your opponent will notice your planning something like a super etc.

yeah I agree bout the super thing when peeps r gonna see u do a power geyser for example

Tomcat

NG.com No.1 Ranked Trader.Also, Donated $600+ to N

BIG BEAR said:
The sprites in KOF 94 and 95 RULE
I love the Terry pose in 94!! The ITALy backround is the best BG I've ever witnessed in KOF with the USA BG coming in right on it's heels!
I hope they make Kool Guy playable!! Heh.
-BB

This is a post...

regards

Tom(ITA)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
Man The neo pad is wicked, any of you guys who say the Pad is crap its not the pad its you who's shit. I can pull of any combo that anybody can pull of on the joystick.
:oh_no:
Originally Posted by MUSOLINI

The Legendary LoneWolf said:
yeah I agree bout the super thing when peeps r gonna see u do a power geyser for example
Have to change hand position = sucks

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
stop complaining about kof94 you asshats

its perfect

For the first time I'm fucking happy with a Playmore news !

:D :D :D :D

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I for one liked the NEO CD controllers be as they are not the best for all games.
it was just a controller based off of a joystick.
not much more to say than that.
But I'd love for them to put the original KOF 94 in there too for the remake.
just a sappy thought from an owner of the original port of KOF 94.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
employee 1: shit we won't be able to finish KOF2004 on time.

employee 2: really? let's release a half assed KOF then.

employee 1: and call it KOF 94 remake :tickled:

employee 2: brilliant. the fuckers will buy it.

employee 1: and release the complete game later.

employee 2: KOF count +1