KOF2003 Roster revealed!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Things I like:
-3 new hero characters -- I was really hoping for this
- Gato (wouldn't have thought of him as an "outlaw", but more fun to play as than Freeman IMO)
-no Chin and Bao
-NO CHOI!!! This alone makes me hope this list is real...

Things I don't like:
-no Kula, Vanessa, Angel, Ramon (I know a lot of you didn't like him, but I enjoyed this character), Mei Lee, Kensou, and Andy (obviously)
-none of the Slug/AOF3/Kizuna characters I was foolishly hoping for

Things I'm still hoping for:
-Wild Ambition version Mr. Karate Ryo
-a non-Rugal boss

Overall, I have to say I'm pretty positive, and I like the feeling that maybe some fans' expectations will be shaken up. Hope they don't mess around like they did with SvC, and this is released for MVS quickly.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
it looks legit to me... but throwing in fake info/pictures with the real thing has become tradition when it comes to these events.

If it is real, then damn it.. that's a very boring roster, especially if its the last KOF on MVS, and especially if it marks 10 years of the saga.

kind of like the street fighter aniversary game.. soooo lazy.

BRING BACK HEIDERN!!!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
No Choi? GREAT No Kensou?His sprite was so out of place and TIRED Now all they have to do is redraw Ralf and clark aging them like 10 years and bulking up with wrestler type builds.Ralf wears the bandana and black,straight leg pants in traditional Ikari Warrior style while Clark loses the cap sporting shades and a pony tail along with a red vest and jeans on.
-BB

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
That line up is PHAT! in comes some fresh meat , updated characters and out goes the crappy NESTS characters that are about as appealing as STDS.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Plisken said:
That line up is PHAT! in comes some fresh meat , updated characters and out goes the crappy NESTS characters that are about as appealing as STDS.

Agreed totally.

It's funny how this thread is 50% "They didn't include my favorite old character" and 50% "This new roster is the same old shit!"
What do you people expect?

At least Jhun is back. That stupid cunt May Lee was a terrible Jhun filler.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Wow not only Hinako, but her sister too.
Some teams are not surprising.
I would rather see Kula than Whip, but I guess they figured she was too identical to K'. (They did I took a closer look.) K', Maxima, Whip are clearly seen.

Oh yeah, Fuck May Lee the O.G. Jhun is back!

Last edited:

neonightrider

Mr. Big's Thug
That still seems like a small cast to me. The list is like 32 fighters, when current KOF's have been in the high 30's.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
neonightrider said:
That still seems like a small cast to me. The list is like 32 fighters, when current KOF's have been in the high 30's.

99 dropped the roster significantly from 98, I expected this to happen really. I just hope there are some major redraws.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Re: KOF2003 Roster revelaed?

Moriya said:
Two pics of the supposed KOF2003 movelist in the Chaos Uploader.

http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/cgi-bin/svc/sr2_bbs.cgi

Supposedly, the official roster is this:

New Hero Team: *New*, *New*, *New*
Garou Team: Terry, Griffon, Joe
Outlaw Team: Billy, Yamazaki, Gato
Japan Team: Benimaru, Shingo, Daimon
K' Team: K', Maxima, Whip
AOF Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri
Ikari Warriors Team: Leona, Ralf, Clark
Female Team: King, Mai, Mary
Female Team 2: Athena, Hinako, *New* (this is probably not the Psycho Soldiers Team)
Korea Team: Kim, Chang, Jhun

Solo: Kyo, Iori

EDIT: the new girl with Athena and Hinako is said to be Hinako's sis. And the new hero team has a Foxy lookalike and a Whip lookalike.

Dunno if that rooster is correct, but surely is incomplete.

In those photos you can spot KASUMI.

Moreover, it's very unlike Bao and Kensou are gone... their the main point of the new storiline.

Japan team is also a bit doubtful... I was betting an a Shingo + Saishu + ???? (Chizuru, maybe?) team, following Shingo's ending in KOF2001.

I spot Angel too, and she would most probalby be in the same team with K9999 (and still Kula, maybe?)

I'm betting also on a Hizoku team (Lin + Sai and Ran, maybe?) as Ron and Misty are to be the badasses this year.

Those new faces must be the 'original' Whip (Seira?) and a clone of Foxy, most probaly. What about the third one? Is she Diana maybe?

Last edited:

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
I'm having doubts about this roster.

Side note: Thanks Moriya for the link. I caught some motherfucker jacking from me and blackadde and others and gave him/her a piece of my mind

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Tora Kouhi said:
I'm having doubts about this roster.

Side note: Thanks Moriya for the link. I caught some motherfucker jacking from me and blackadde and others and gave him/her a piece of my mind

holy shit someone stole your sprite rips? lets get in the motherfuckin spriteripmobile and track them down!

NEE NAWWWW NEE NAWWWW NEE NAWWWWWW

but in all seriousness, get a job. i swear all you do all day every day is lame sprite rips / pron edits. Who am i to judge? well yeah, but i couldn't give a fuck.

TB@SNK-Capcom

Quiz Detective
qube said:
I hope this list is . No NESTS team or characters?? WTF:mad:

Q-

Yup, the nests era is over, I just liked Angel and that was it, Angel could have been on the female team at least, oh well, Hinako is really cool.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'd choose may lee over jhun every day. It pissed me off, about Angel I'm indifferent about it. But I'll be really upset if kula doesn't make the cut. This year will be interesting, I know that. After all they did axe alot of characters. i mean they do have to keep some old ones. When you think about it only Benimaru, Kyo, Terry, Joe, Kim, May, Ryo, robert, yuri, ralf, and clark are the ones that have been in the game since the beginning without them it wouldn't be a kof.

brammes

n00b
i think playmore will not add more characters to the roster, i think we will have only one hidden team and a final boss. all other kof's have been very hight on characters / teams, but if they want to redraw kof, they have to cut teams and so it seems. i hope this game will put kof on the map forever. the series need a fresh start again in terms of graphics / sound / originality. hope playmore comes through. :D

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
This is the worst cast ever in a KOF game imo (and I have never really been one to complain about the casts of KOF games). I certainly hope it isnt true.

Gato in that slot makes no sense at all. I can think of a half dozen characters that would have made more sense and/or who the fans would have rather liked to have seen (Geese, Eiji, Freeman, Duck, Laurence, Lee Pai Long, Big Bear, etc).

Hinako is the worst character to ever grace a KOF game imo and now she's back?? To make matters worse they cut Kensou, who has always been a damn fun character to use. Not only that, but the ending of 2001 would lead you to believe that he and Bao would be the main characters.

No K9999 or Angel? Again, the end of 2001 leads one to believe that they were headed for bigger things in the upcoming sequels.

Korea team still has Chang? Should have been Kim, Jhun, and May Lee imo.

As for the comments about dropping so many characters because they are redrawing everyone... you can forget it. Its much more likely that Tizoc and Gato have been drawn in the KOF style. If they did manage to re-draw everyone then I probably be willing to forgive a lot of the casting choices but I know better.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
neonightrider said:

They are redrawing some guys. Fact. Also, new chars from MOTW are in... they may bring them in to be well animated, which is not uncommon with new characters to the series. I'm hoping the number stays low (30... low?) so we can get more good animation and extras! So far, I'm excited!

Spike

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
The pics seem to have different characters than the so called character list.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I submit that either the list, the images, or both are BULLSHIT LIE.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I submit that if Choi actually is in the game, and someone has been toying with our emotions, we track him down and devistate him. I know it's kind of tradition to post fake screenshots etc., but getting my hopes up like that is way too far -- really bad taste.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Where are our japanese members that went to the testing? We need confirmation.

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
Enough with the "bohoo my favourite character to have wet dreams about isnt in the kof03 lineup" whining.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
JHUN!!!!! I wanted Jhun back the moment that sissy May Lee replaced him. Its good Kula is gone. That bitch was mad cheese in 2K2. Shes the one character that went from Sub Boss in 2000, and actually became even more cheap with each game.

If they screw with Jhun in a ugly way (Ala Takuma 2k2). I will be very unhappy.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
One day they'll be a Iori, Kyo, Chizuru team.

Anyone else here miss 96 Chizuru? Now usually, bosses aren't that fun to play as, but she was. Maybe because despite her cheapness, she always felt like a normal character.

I mean, how fast did Igniz get old? Light speed fast. He was just stupidly powerful. Yet in 97 and 98, Chizuru wasn't too great. Why? Her uppercut hit box was changed to make her weaker. She lost a lot of priority, and she got shitty portraits. I think KoF needs to go back and do her justice.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
JHUN!!!!! I wanted Jhun back the moment that sissy May Lee replaced him. Its good Kula is gone. That bitch was mad cheese in 2K2. Shes the one character that went from Sub Boss in 2000, and actually became even more cheap with each game.

If they screw with Jhun in a ugly way (Ala Takuma 2k2). I will be very unhappy.

Just for that, I hope they do...