KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
20160426-kofxiv-02.jpg

Two stages in China; Shanghai and Beijing. Still not as cool as 95's China stage.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
yeah, i thought i read that wrong. The japs are giving us 2 days before them to get better so we can have a fighting chance. lol

Baka- you feeling better dude? good to see you on here. we need to get some third strike going once i have my ps3 setup at the new place

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
video of the Famitsu stream today with the new demo:

Skip to 40:00 for the actual matches. The rest is character tests.

Edit: There are only 2 matches lol.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Here's a compilation of some combos, DMs, and Climax moves from the latest streams.

Some quick observations:

Terry appears to have a new voice actor. He doesn't sound the same. That's going to take some getting used to.

Sylvie is definitely a robot. Whoever in NESTS made her was clearly on drugs.

There's a lot of little sub announcements a la CVS2, so you're not only getting "Ready, GO!" and "Winner is blah!" at the beginning and end of matches.

The Climax moves aren't quite as impressive as I thought they would be, but some of them are well done.

Luong's Climax move takes climax to a slightly more literal level. She headlocks the opponent with her legs, breaks the other person's neck, and smothers them with sexy Korean vag.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Some details from Monday's event:

http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/04/more-details-video-from-the-kofxiv-presentation-at-esports-square

- KOF14 is planned to start a trilogy
- Shunei confirmed as the protagonist
- Bandeiras is a weebo
- King of Dinosaurs may or may not be The Griffon (devs denied while laughing)
- Gang il confirmed as Kim's mentor, who is also a womanizer, but it's not clear if Luong is Gang's his wife or not. Author believes she's Vietnamese judging by her name
- Xanado is a dangerous criminal who has been locked up for a very long time

More details in the link.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Terry appears to have a new voice actor. He doesn't sound the same.
To me, it sounds like the same guy but a lot older and he's improved his English accent. But I guess we'll see.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Could very well be. He's been doing Terry for 25 years now. I know they swapped out Mai's voice actor because she wasn't able to do it anymore.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Could very well be. He's been doing Terry for 25 years now. I know they swapped out Mai's voice actor because she wasn't able to do it anymore.

Sounds like roberts and Iori's were swapped out also.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
so damn glad to here Kasumi is on the way. Just need Xiangfei and I can finally fully move on from 2002 UM

But man this game has so many characters to chose from. I honestly dont know who im gonna main.

Kyo, Beni, Daimon, Geese, Tizoc, Terry...and thats without even testing out the new guys. This is game is gonna be no joke.

and those backgrounds look amazing.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I dont know if i missed it earlier in this thread. Was there a game mechanics breakdown of 14? Or even a mechanics comparison between it and 13? Not talking about the frame difference vids from earlier.
All the supers looked pretty cool, they werent over the top and keep the game flow going.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Based on PS Experience build and may not cover everything, but it's informative:

Couple things I noticed that are not mentioned:

- Super Cancels don't cost any additional stock / meter
- You can not cancel super moves into each others anymore, not even in Max Mode

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just Defend- does it give you meter? Seems to push character back on block too far to punish.

I like how you can combo off grounded blowback now. Makes using blowback more rewarding

Looks like Changs max combo isnt unblockable now.

Rush combo, not sure how i feel about this. You can mash out supers from lp. Dumbing it down input wise for new players i guess. This is the comback mechanic i guess.

Quck max mode seems legit AF. Def gong to be fun using

Im also very happy the selection of characters. So nice to see so many to choose from, i can nit pick and complain about which characters didnt make it, but atleast there is some variety. Seth is once of the characters i want, but Vanessa will be DLC so that more than makes up.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Ive been living under a rock. I just checked out KOF 14 vids today.....

Fucking lame 3D??? KOF Maximum Impact 3 is more like it. :very_ang:

KOF XIII seems to be the way to go IMO, the XII/XIII sprites are simply beautiful.

Edit: yeah, I know I'm salty. Don't get too upset, I realize I'm being a negative Nancy.
However, if you agree with me... Congrats on having good taste. :p

Last edited:

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Honestly, the XII/XIII sprites were nice, but they weren't perfect. These 3D models (as they are now) have a lot of character to them. 2-D is great, but the ship has sailed and this approach is honestly a really stellar start. Especially since the animations themselves look to mimic the timing of 2D sprites.

The positives more than outweigh the negatives here and we're 1/3 of a year from release.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
So is it like some crazy coincidence that a new gal in KOF is named SYLVIE. I know SNK has had a history of reading these boards...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
KOF 12/13 sprites won't be topped, but we gotta face the fact that it can't continue.

Some matches from the last event.

Man, the music sucks.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
So basically CLIMAX supers are NEOMAX supers with dull cut scenes added just for the show, huh? Oh yeah this is 3D after all. Sooo stupid. And ANTI-climatic I say.

Fygee

20 Year Member
So basically CLIMAX supers are NEOMAX supers with dull cut scenes added just for the show, huh? Oh yeah this is 3D after all. Sooo stupid. And ANTI-climatic I say.

I like them. They add more flavor to the moves and make them feel bigger than they were. I think that some of them need to be polished up though as the impact isn't quite as dramatic as it should be sometimes.