KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I see a qcf+p move and a qcb+p move but afew post up it shows her doing the fan swipe move, so she lost one if those two unless its a oversight on the movelist

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Mai is basically her KOF13 version plus:

- :forw: LK command move kick
- :down: :up: P super move (not sure but I think it's a super move version of her fire pillar DM)
- The fire pillar DM / SDM from that screenshot

The fan swipe is her far standing HP

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Ah, i see, i didnt use Mai when I played kof13, so im not familiar with that version, been playing alot of the fatal fury games lately. I feel better now lol

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
No coverage of the game during E3 :(

Random screenshots from twitter. You can see first glimpse of Antonov in the first pic:

Ck5my-ZUUAA7DS6.jpg

Ck59GLyVEAAXXhv.jpg CkyuLm4UoAAUyRi.jpg

14.jpg 12.jpg

Ck4J0pCUkAAGL6i.jpg Ck037PRUkAA8o9H.jpg

Edit:

Ck6LAtfVEAASH-r.jpg

"The new webcast "KOF STATION CHANNEL XIV" is going to be revealed soon! Stay tuned!!"

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/742683835964395520

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

@07:30: brief part from story that shows Antonov

@35:30: A few matches start here, but the players' chatter and the fight sticks sound are very distracting. The good part, no Iori / Kyo / K / Kula lol.

The rest is mostly chatter, trying out some characters from the 36 characters build, and giving tidbits about their background / gameplay details.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Hype, ill have to watch it when i get home from work before hitting up the arcade tonight, thanks

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Some great behind the scenes info there on the development side. Really cool that they did this.

Kyo has a new voice actor. I guess Masahiro Nonaka decided to move on.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Reynald and Mr. KOF trying out the game:

There was also an off-screen video of a mini tournament held in E3 and featuring these two players. I'm waiting for a properly recorded footage of it.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

The PS Channel is covering the game in its LiveCast. Will post the link here once it becomes available as youtube video.

Edit:

Xanadu + new stage tomorrow.

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Just watched the Coverage of the game on leveluplive twitch channel and it was pretty cool overall. Oda san was there and they had casuals with Reynald and Romance. The game is looking a lot better and they said that they were not done with the character models yet so expect them to look better soon. One thing bothered me and that was there is a one button combo system? Like WTF. The good part was that it didnt look like it did much damage and wasnt optimal so im hoping they just put this in the game so that casual players that just pick up the game feel like they can do stuff. The game overall looks solid though and I cant wait to play.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
That painted face guy from the villains team is giving me major OG KoF vibe. Like a character from the pre 98 era that never made the cut.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That painted face guy from the villains team is giving me major OG KoF vibe. Like a character from the pre 98 era that never made the cut.

I was hoping he would end up being a badass and cruel villain (judging by his profile) but they went the comical route instead, which was probably obvious from his eyes. I may still like him if I see more, but I thought he was a wasted potential. We still got a very nice stage though.

BTW, since they have revealed all the backgrounds by now, this leaves no doubt that all the claims that were supposed to be leaks from this user are false, which include:

- 4 silhouette of DLC characters, including Rugal
- An Antarctica stage
- KOF13 Unbreakable Match with Jubei in it

Yeah, it was obviously fake, but I was kind of wishing for the last one to be really true.

Edit: We still yet to see the final boss stage, but that is suggested to be a destroyed version of the stadium stage.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I was hoping he would end up being a badass and cruel villain (judging by his profile) but they went the comical route instead, which was probably obvious from his eyes. I may still like him if I see more, but I thought he was a wasted potential. We still got a very nice stage though.

With Chang and Choi as the teammates it would seem kinda weird if he was serious. Personally he looks like fun. If I want serious and kinda scary I'll go with the sand guy.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The game development is complete and it has received an ESRB rating, and it's going towards production. So it most liklely won't be delayed.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I guess we can now look forward to videos of how the game will actually look (no more WIP-stuff), right?

Thank you k'_127 for all your news posts btw.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Edit - Nevermind. The forums were being weird.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One is horribly annoying, another is a try-hard cool guy, but the last one's Sichuan opera motif is interesting at least.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I like Mian. Just crazy enough of a design, but not too crazy. Looks like she'll be fun to play as well.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
What's disturbing is the majority of the new character designs are way, way worse than the classic KOF lot. The rainbow bright chick, Kim's master (really? So bland, forgettable), and the Korean criminal member looks so lame and not like characters I'd play or care to see return. The last KOF that had newbies that I really liked was KOF 2003. Shen Woo was cool/badass. I think the problem is the designs are getting a little too fantastical. I miss the old days like in AOF2 characters were rooted in realism for the most part.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
What's disturbing is the majority of the new character designs are way, way worse than the classic KOF lot. The rainbow bright chick, Kim's master (really? So bland, forgettable), and the Korean criminal member looks so lame and not like characters I'd play or care to see return. The last KOF that had newbies that I really liked was KOF 2003. Shen Woo was cool/badass. I think the problem is the designs are getting a little too fantastical. I miss the old days like in AOF2 characters were rooted in realism for the most part.

I think the new characters in this game are cool. I especially like Nelson and Luong. There are also interesting ones like Gang Il, Hein and now Mian. And I rarely like characters that are introduced in KOF.