KOF13 is coming to Steam

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Now this is interesting.

Definitely contemplating a preorder, here, though curious to see what others more steam-savvy might have to say...

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
not gonna preorder, but I'll buy it if the claims of vastly improved netcode are not bullshit.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
XIII was fine, but honestly... If I'm being completely honest, I dig XI so much more. I wish they'd release that on more platforms, because that game was a lost-gem of the KOF series. It's been in my cabs for weeks and it is just so much fun to play. Here's hoping we see XI, XII, and XIII on Steam.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Let's see if this or Skullgirls gets more players...

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
XIII was fine, but honestly... If I'm being completely honest, I dig XI so much more. I wish they'd release that on more platforms, because that game was a lost-gem of the KOF series. It's been in my cabs for weeks and it is just so much fun to play. Here's hoping we see XI, XII, and XIII on Steam.

I am right there with you. XIII was fantastic after the paid demo that was XII but XI is so much more fun than both. Pulling off dream cancels feels so fucking cool. XIV, should it ever be made, should really bring those back. And Oswald was on of the coolest looking new characters introduced in a long time. Now if only there was a better way to unlock all characters in the AW version...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I am right there with you. XIII was fantastic after the paid demo that was XII but XI is so much more fun than both. Pulling off dream cancels feels so fucking cool. XIV, should it ever be made, should really bring those back. And Oswald was on of the coolest looking new characters introduced in a long time. Now if only there was a better way to unlock all characters in the AW version...

i honestly dont know how you guys liked XI and XII those games were both total crap IMO. XIII is so much better than those and if the net code is fixed on the comp version of XIII i would definitely buy so i can test my skills against good KOF players. All my friends play SF4 and I can hold my own in that game but they dont even wanna touch KOF XIII, too hard they say.... lol chumps

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
i honestly dont know how you guys liked XI and XII those games were both total crap IMO. XIII is so much better than those and if the net code is fixed on the comp version of XIII i would definitely buy so i can test my skills against good KOF players. All my friends play SF4 and I can hold my own in that game but they dont even wanna touch KOF XIII, too hard they say.... lol chumps

I called XII a "paid demo" as in it was an unfinished piece of shit that, regretfully, cost me money. The only thing it had going for it were those big sprites. XI on the other hand, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you as it is really good:
-great system. The leader mechanics are awesome.
-huge and diverse roster with interesting return choices and good new characters
-awesome BGs
-it's way fucking better than SF4

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
kinda unexpected move by SNK to port KOF13 to PC. anyhow it is good news, looking forward to play KOF13 on PC

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I'll pick it up when it goes down in price. I already have a copy for PS3.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So many older games getting ported to steam lately. This, Castlevania LoS, Brutal Legends, etc. Although I can't complain as it's better late than never. You do have the question the full price tag though on several year old games in some cases.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm honestly surprised that it took this long for them to "port" it to the PC, since the Taito X2 arcade hardware it comes from is basically an old LGA 775 chipset PC running Windows XP Embedded. Before the console ports were even released, the game had been "ripped" and ran off of a PC without a hitch.

Either they thought it would be best to release it later (its not), or they spent a long time getting the netcode improved.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it and am preordering it.

Last edited:

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Although I also find this to be an interesting surprise...but honestly XIII deserves all the support it can get. Games like this make me shed a tear every time a once great franchise goes 3D. Fingers crossed on the netcode though--does this mean the netcode also won't suck on console?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Fingers crossed on the netcode though--does this mean the netcode also won't suck on console?

Uhhh, no? It's been so long, they ain't gonna patch anything on console. The 360/PS3's gonna forever be a version that's only good for local multiplayer.

Consider me pessimistic about these claims of "vastly improved netcode". I'm not falling for that bullshit again, SNKPlaymore. At least we'll have a better idea by next week since they're doing that closed beta test... I sent in an application for it of course.

I'll buy it if they do manage to pull off the impossible and put playable netcode in. Don't forget that at one point there were Steam database entries for KOF98UM and KOF2002UM as well, so it stands to reason that they'll show up eventually too. But it's all riding on that netcode... and if it ain't great, then what's the point?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
hey you guys that are preordering let everyone know how this is cause I really want to play this online and would be very grateful if someone gave a review on this

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I applied for the closed beta test, so if I get in I'll let everyone know how it is.

d0c_zaius

n00b
I preordered this with blind faith as well. I can't imagine they would put the effort in to porting it without trying to take advantage of fixing the netcode somewhat.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I preordered this with blind faith as well. I can't imagine they would put the effort in to porting it without trying to take advantage of fixing the netcode somewhat.

hey bro, sorry i gotta tell ya, but you need to find yourself a new avatar

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
Juicebox Abel has a beta key and he streamed for quite some time yesterday. At first it was the same shitty netcode, slightly improved. SNKP then released a patch later on and it was a huge improvement. He said it was at about AE level netcode. I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but here's hoping we won't be disappointed come release time!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Juicebox is notorious for being a chronic complainer, so if he says it's good it's probably good.

satya

n00b
For any snk addicts like me anything new coming out is a must buy! Want to support them as much as possible so they can keep on trucking. Would be devastated if they shut down