KOF XIII producer doesn't know what to develop.... seriously? Make KOFXIV, duh!

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Good News Everyone?!
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/sisterquest/
Sisterquest. On your phone. From Playmore...
"It's some kind of card game!" There. That's a quote for the back of the box if ever there was one.
I'll follow that up with, "What is this I don't even". 9/10 IGN! Buy now!

It's official, SNK-Playmore is now a loli game making company. Yay! Next up - moe.

Seriously, what is going on in Eastern media lately? One can see more such stuff creeping into everything from anime to games. Is it just a new fetish toy they have discovered to help drive sales? At least in the 90's they kept the characters to the ripe old age of 19 or so. You would think somebody over there would grow a spine and resist this impulse to go for the cheap bump in sales, but no, it just keeps getting worse.

I'm not the type to whine about, well, bronies, or Sonic fans or whatever. To each their geeky own. But this increasing flow of loli and other shallow stuff out of Japan lately is sad and uncomfortable. Gotta chase that money though, I guess. I'll bet anyone who tries to raise this issue in meetings gets the "This is a business, not an art factory!" line and then a stern talking to so they will fall in line. :(

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Good News Everyone?!
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/sisterquest/
Sisterquest. On your phone. From Playmore...
"It's some kind of card game!" There. That's a quote for the back of the box if ever there was one.
I'll follow that up with, "What is this I don't even". 9/10 IGN! Buy now!
:blow_top:what in the fuck SNKP:blow_top:

This better not be the route they're headed. Sure go ahead and pay the bills by making a game for weeaboo pedophiles but they better not let this shit spill back over into KOF.

:blow_top:what in the fuck SNKP:blow_top:

This better not be the route they're headed. Sure go ahead and pay the bills by making a game for weeaboo pedophiles but they better not let this shit spill back over into KOF.

Sadly, they've been heading this way for quite some time. Don't believe me? Look at the link to all the pachislot machines they're put out in the last year:

http://slot.snkplaymore.co.jp/

In short, they've put out more pachislot games in the last two years than actual games in the last five years. I'd like to share the belief that this will help fund a new KOF (or, heaven forbid, a well-made non-KOF game), but after putting up with a bunch of half-truths and false hope over the last year (coupled with the fact that SNKP's new president said the gaming division "is in bad shape"), I think it's safer to assume that they're less like the old SNKP (whatever that amounted to), and are becoming more like the company Aruze (now known as Universal Entertainment Corporation) wanted them to be (somewhere, a UEC executive is laughing at SNKP's sad, sorry state).

Oh, and to add more disappointment to the fire, here are a couple games headed to the iPhone:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-garou/
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/metalslugx/

(Yup, another card game and another classic- make of that what you will.)

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Sadly, they've been heading this way for quite some time. Don't believe me? Look at the link to all the pachislot machines they're put out in the last year:

http://slot.snkplaymore.co.jp/

In short, they've put out more pachislot games in the last two years than actual games in the last five years. I'd like to share the belief that this will help fund a new KOF (or, heaven forbid, a well-made non-KOF game), but after putting up with a bunch of half-truths and false hope over the last year (coupled with the fact that SNKP's new president said the gaming division "is in bad shape"), I think it's safer to assume that they're less like the old SNKP (whatever that amounted to), and are becoming more like the company Aruze (now known as Universal Entertainment Corporation) wanted them to be (somewhere, a UEC executive is laughing at SNKP's sad, sorry state).

Oh, and to add more disappointment to the fire, here are a couple games headed to the iPhone:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-garou/
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/metalslugx/

(Yup, another card game and another classic- make of that what you will.)

Oh I don't doubt you at all because SNK has been down this road ever since Bao hit the scene. Thankfully they nixed all that with KOF 12-13. Man this is some hurtful stuff to hear. Making that stuff to pay the bills is ok, I just want another badass KOF game sans too much cuteness.

zoogelio

n00b
It's official, SNK-Playmore is now a loli game making company. Yay! Next up - moe.

Seriously, what is going on in Eastern media lately? One can see more such stuff creeping into everything from anime to games. Is it just a new fetish toy they have discovered to help drive sales? At least in the 90's they kept the characters to the ripe old age of 19 or so. You would think somebody over there would grow a spine and resist this impulse to go for the cheap bump in sales, but no, it just keeps getting worse.

I'm not the type to whine about, well, bronies, or Sonic fans or whatever. To each their geeky own. But this increasing flow of loli and other shallow stuff out of Japan lately is sad and uncomfortable. Gotta chase that money though, I guess. I'll bet anyone who tries to raise this issue in meetings gets the "This is a business, not an art factory!" line and then a stern talking to so they will fall in line. :(

I was wondering about this too, wondering where it originated and why it spread (as well as some examples for those who might not have been keeping up on the anime for the past 5-8 years or so). Was it a response to declining sales? (lowest common denominator) Or was there some kind of perverse epiphany the industry had?

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
I hope they don't make another KOF if the online play is going to be an absolute shitfest with lags and input delays. KOF 13's online is horrendous. No one plays that game online.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Right, all fighting games made in the nineties sucked because they didn't have online play.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Right, all fighting games made in the nineties sucked because they didn't have online play.
This ain't the 90s and we don't have widespread arcades anymore so if you want a series to prosper and hang with other series these days you need decent online capabilities.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Right, if you wanted to rack up a massive phone bill playing mediocre SNES/Genesis ports of Street Fighter II on a modem with massive lag.

Online play wasn't really viable until broadband, except for turn-based games.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
by all means correct me if anyone has first hand experience, but I heard xband had little to no lag. Some real legit ST players mentioned this on SRK awhile back, I think DGV played on xband (2nd place at evo at HDR a few years ago) I've also read the sega saturn netlink had very low lag too.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
KoF XII came out 4 years after its predecessor
KoF XIII was launched 2 years after KoF XII
KoF XIV is taking 2 years (and couting)...

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
KoF XII came out 4 years after its predecessor
KoF XIII was launched 2 years after KoF XII
KoF XIV is taking 2 years (and couting)...

I imagine that can be a result of two things. One, they are hard at work and the next game is gonna have plenty of characters or two they are having a lot of resistance from the top brass and they arent doing shit right now.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I don't think next gen has much if anything to do with this. Its not like KoF XIII is limited by the current gen consoles and KoF XIV is gonna somehow blow our minds.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Did XIII sell enough for them to actually get working on XIV? I have never seen anything that said they were actually doing it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I think it did respectable numbers but apparently not good enough since the top brass is still unsure about funding the gaming division.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
One more dream match is good with me. After that, they should just outsource development to Arc System Works (or someone like that) or definitively retire it.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
One more dream match is good with me. After that, they should just outsource development to Arc System Works (or someone like that) or definitively retire it.

Making XIV a Dream Match is the way to go. We don't need a new KOF story at this point, we need a healthy dose of HD fan service.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
What can SNKP add in this new KoF that may appeal to a massive number of players ?
Seriously.

First of all, I believe they should remove the "XIV". Those who never played a KoF game before may feel unconfortable to buy a 14th instalement of a franchise he has never played before.