KOF XII /Samurai Showdown (3D)/ Maximum Impact:Regulation A- adios AW - hello Type x2

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
why not sf3 graphics with higher res and the same amount of frames or more? its not its something impossible.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
actually I don't agree. high rez is low priority in my book. an overhaul of the graphical presentation is far more significant.

I really think people make baseless presumptions when it comes announcements such as these.

the reason for SNKPs change of heart is to do with the increasing adoption of high def setups both at the arcades and at home - they don't want their stuff to look below par - probably just barely on par.

truth be told, what they did with old 2D graphics was a wonder as has just been stated, whereas what is now proposed may end up being conveyor belt generic stuff. do Arc Systems have a hand in making KOF XII?

what will always win out is style - it doesn't matter what point of history you're at.

that's why 60s R'nB is greater than modern R'nB
that's why Hitchcock movies are greater than any modern thriller
and why games on older or inferior hardware from a technical point of view can outdo the flashy technically competent games of today.
it's all down to points of view ofcourse, but running with this just because it's new and hi rez is a mistake I think. people are too swept up in thinking that new must mean better necessarily. truth is KOF 98>Neowave

if they found a lost album of one of the great musicians of the past, and they released it - wouldn't the music be as genius and relevant today as it was back when it was being made?
in the same way as - if the team behind Last Blade took on the Neo Geo to produce a game - as improbable as this is - how would people feel?
there has to be soul. especially in this day and age - especially with something as rare as 2D arcade gaming.

sorry for the rant. need coffee. now.

sorry dude

but leave the Neo graphics for the Neo

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Just as long as KOF doesn't end up looking and playing just like a Guilty Gear, Spectral vs. Generation, or Melty Blood wannabe.

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
Shito said:
You are right, fair and simple.

If you ask me, bitmap graphix exist as long as pixel are visible.
Thankfully, you're not a reference when it comes to defining what bitmap is.
Besides, you've got some major eyesight problems if you can't see the pixels in high-res sprites.

If you want old stuff, just go back to the old games. If you like enormous pixels that much, go and play early 80s video games.. That's all

High-res graphics don't make anything look worse, quite the contrary. The fact GG has anime graphics, relatively bad animation and a gameplay and style that some people don't like does NOT mean EACH and EVERY high-res 2D fighting game has to be just like that. That's a ridiculous argument.
Thinking that is just as retarded as thinking low-res 2D games all have to look, feel and play just like SF1, or whatever.