KOF XII or XIII

WHAT DO YOU THINK

• Total voters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
XII gave us crush counters before crush counters were cool.

Seriously, the counter, clash, and guard attack systems in XII were awesome. It's such a shame they dropped those ideas. I would have liked to see them get more refined. Instead we got boring HD combos that never end.
Somebody sees the light and guess what it's actually a player that knows about fighting games not the usual casual fuck that can't be bothered learning something new...doesn't that tell you something people?

Alphabetised dvd/bluray collection lists, cartridges owned, figurines ... the list goes on I am sure. I cringe at the thought.
The point lonesage made eludes you, I don't make spread sheets but fighting game character sheets and collection spread sheets are 2 very different things. Dude, you are an enemy, make no mistake, you're ignorance has made a declaration of war against me, lol.
17 votes to 1. Yet grave has not voted.
I jus did so you can be hapy. XII objectively is the better game, XIII is just a really well done rehash with cut and paste features...
I voted 12 simply for the presentation. The zoomed out look of 13 kills me.
Same here, 12 is awesome, excellent vs fights, excellent atmosphere, it centralized more about AOF and FF than KOF itself, it was like a celebration of their very best IPs and characters. 13 is just SNKP giving into ignorant demands for KOF 98...we already got 98 and like 2 more updates years later, do we really need a new KOF to be 98? No, we don't, 12 brought plenty of new elements to the table.

Had 13 just added the extra characters, stages, boss and story mode for the fanboys and left the graphics and fighting engine alone you'd people would have loved it, but no, you can't see the good in 12, you're just that blind...

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
All I remember about KOF XII is me finding that laughable chin infinite and my video going to over 20,000 views in no time.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
man, what are the requirements to vote in a poll? Im missing out on all these

KOFXII never should've been released and KOFXIII is an extremely shallow game.

'98 all day.

Or '97...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The point lonesage made eludes you, I don't make spread sheets but fighting game character sheets and collection spread sheets are 2 very different things. Dude, you are an enemy, make no mistake, you're ignorance has made a declaration of war against me, lol.

I like being friends with you.

Darknb

n00b
I am not, I vastly prefer the tag system of 2003 and XI to earlier games... although I guess I am exaggerating when I say its for hipster scum. I just find most people say 2002 is the height of the series when XI is just so much better.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Graphics and gameplay were not the problem with XII. Had the roster been a bit bigger it would've been great.

I didn't love all the zooming in XII but I wouldn't have traded it for the blurry, zoomed out look of XIII. The modes in XIII were great, but it didn't play like XII. I thought XIII was what I wanted, but I ended up regretting selling XII. XII was it's own game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
For me KOF13 was the better one, especially playing local casuals. Both were ass online though

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All this power lost in XIII...had they kept the XII zoomed in characters in XIII it could have been grand. The graphical engine (for lack of better terms) it's amazing, you should see all the edits...imagine a SvC game with this...all those possibilities buried 'cause of BS.
dee_jay_kofxii_style_by_ko_ki-d4ed2sg.png

Hurray for blurry zoomed out shit...lol.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
My opinion on it is that it was a shame to see some of the nice features in XII get cut (why, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop, we'll never know), but KOF XIII is definitely a better overall game with a lot more overall content (notably a final boss and AI that isn't hot garbage).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
XII is better aesthetically, no question, but XIII feels way more complete overall. Roster is important to me.

And shout out to the guy who said '02 was for hipsters or whatever: Fuck you, goon. Your mother is for hipsters.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
XIII is excellent, XII is incomplete shit. I win, close this thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just played some matches of XIII with Filthy Rear, lots of fun but always tought to stomach the blurry sprites. I'll admit XIII is a more complete game and it plays more traditional as a KOF game but XII plays awesome too and it looks insane. For the people that can't recognize that I feel bad for you. If you get ambitious, try to have some local vs matches, the game plays awesome.