KOF XI second loke test

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I have given up hope that there will ever be new sprites. SNK Playmore doesn't care as long as they still get played well.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
dfx said:
iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,
pplz please say something about iori!
is he redrawn?

whats about his moves? new ones?

iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori,iori, :help: iori,iori,

Iggy says he's pure cut&paste with a new move, still cutted&pasted as for animation frames...

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I wish Playmore secretly started making new high quality sprites ever since they anounced they'd move to the AW, and would just release rehash fest games until all the new sprites are ready... :rolleyes:

O

obake

So the new boss is a evil version of Card Captor Sakura! The other one looks stupid.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I like what I hear. I certainly will play this KOF as well

nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto

Overtop Pathfinder
Hmkay said:
I wish Playmore secretly started making new high quality sprites ever since they anounced they'd move to the AW, and would just release rehash fest games until all the new sprites are ready... :rolleyes:

Ed-laugh.jpg
laughing.jpg

horse%20laughing.jpg

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I also attended the beta. As far as character sprites goes, I'd definatley say it's one of the more weaker points in the game. It'd be wise at this point for SNKP to at least add some more in-between animation-it's fucking Atomswave and yet they can't do MOTW animation quality with a KOF size roster? More like, won't do it. At least give us the sharpness of Neo sprites.

However, Duck King looks cool, Eiji is alright I guess, Oswald has a kind of Guilty Gearness to him in his stance and moves, kind of cool though. Most of the old cast are well... old and redundant with a few new moves etc., like Ryo has a dashing rudeness elbow that just zips across the screen. The last boss looks like Mizuchi and an electric eel combined with a floating panzy stance. hooray.

While the backgrounds are hi-res, they're very static. Stages I liked: the grassy army stage-simple but cool, alley stage, Japanese tatami room, and the aqueduct stage. I hated the snow stage... so bland. The character portraits are simple, but well-drawn (similar style to 2k3). All the white used in this title seems to go against the spirit of being a fighter game. The stage intros remind of a Calpis Water label.

Though tough to hear, the sounds and music seemed great. Especially the music, lots of drum beats... good shit.

Though I didn't play, it looks as stiff as 2K3 (which I was more impressed with). So, this game may quickly become unpopular as did 2k3. Though I liked 2k3, I rarely saw it being played whenever I went to an arcade in Osaka. Word.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the reports KRONOS. I hope you don't mind, but I posted what you said on my site... I credited you and linked back to this thread though of course :)

News post on my site

Kaz

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
krakov said:
I would dare to say that NGBC alone has at least 10 new sprites.
But i guess you are refering to high-res sprites, which imho is pretty overrated.

10 new sprites in a game with 40 characters, yay thats so much trouble they went for, just for us. :oh_no: they are still using sprites that are over 10 years old, on a new system for a brand spanking new game, thats just not acceptable. cmon theyre not capcom, and the sprite quility is important to me. if you look at the old sprites created by snk, like kof 97 yamazaki or yashiro, or 99 K' for that matter. you just feel the love poured into those charas, doing everything in their power to justify how they look on the screen. there are only 2 games in existince that have sprites that are good enough to be ported to newer games, and those are the sf3 and MOTW sprites. anything before that should be given a touch up, renewel or whatever. MOTW and sf3 arent high res but they are better than any of the sprites ive seen so far, for any 2d fighting game. just imagine how beautifull the sprites could be in high res using full graphicall capabilleties of AW. in other words doing something NEW. check how hokuto no ken is lookin.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
MUSOLINI said:
10 new sprites in a game with 40 characters, yay thats so much trouble they went for, just for us. :oh_no:
NBC has well over 10 new sprites... I'm counting at least 15 brand new sprites or something, not counting edits, almost half the roster... Did any SNK KoF introduce that many at once after KoF 94 ? I don't think so.

And I'm not a fan of Garou sprites personally... They animate well, but they're tiny.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
yeah comin from playwhore it might be a huge effort, but nonetheless its not very impresive. i liked the asura sprite, and thats about the only one i like. hanzo and fuuma are decent but nothing too impresive.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Kazuya_UK said:
Thanks for the reports KRONOS. I hope you don't mind, but I posted what you said on my site... I credited you and linked back to this thread though of course :)

News post on my site

Kaz

Thanks-it's no prob. But, had I known someone would actually pay attention to my post, I would have written in more tender fashion, for the kids :glee:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
With any luck SNKP is reading through this thread, and maybe they even care. Honestly, I think it was this site that helped put Eiji into KOF 11. That guy's like Boba Fett; showed up only a couple of times in the series, but has a following verging on the religious.

So, SNKP if you're reading, this is what we NEED:

1. HI RES SPRITES AT LEAST AS CLEAR AS THE NEO-GEO.

1. ANIMATION AS GOOD AS MOTW RETAINING THE SPRITE SIZE AND ROSTER OF
KOF.

(puts hands together and offers a small prayer ;) )

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm here to say that Eiji's gay. He's never been cool, and I could care less that he's in KOF. Why's so few people not raving about Duck King? That's what I wanna know.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
that facts that Eiji is a ninja and that he is secretly in love with Mai Shiranui make him cool by default.

Andy: Mai, don't participate in this year's tournament.

Mai: Why!?

Andy: Eiji will be there.

hmmmm ..... it's clear now.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
Eiji is a ninja and that he is secretly in love with Mai Shiranui
no...only in the made up english "translation" of his AOF2 ending.

And as for this site being responsible for Eiji's return, I don't know about that... Wasn't there a sidebar in one of Arcadia's NBC articles saying how they wished Eiji had made it into Battle Coliseum? He must have some kind of following over there, too. I like Lin better, personally.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
no...only in the made up engrish "translation" of his AOF2 ending.

he couldn't say it in Japanese, fearing he would be kicked out from his clan, but he had to confess in a way or another. so he thought he would say it in engrish.

I'm sure.

dark_RYO

New Challenger
KRONOS said:
With any luck SNKP is reading through this thread, and maybe they even care. Honestly, I think it was this site that helped put Eiji into KOF 11. That guy's like Boba Fett; showed up only a couple of times in the series, but has a following verging on the religious.

So, SNKP if you're reading, this is what we NEED:

1. HI RES SPRITES AT LEAST AS CLEAR AS THE NEO-GEO.

1. ANIMATION AS GOOD AS MOTW RETAINING THE SPRITE SIZE AND ROSTER OF
KOF.

(puts hands together and offers a small prayer ;) )
Yes! And one more thing:
1. NEW MOVES FOR RYO. HE WAS A GOD AND NOW... :oh_no:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I am happy duck king's in there being that he used to be my fav back in the day.

Otherwise, fuck it. Back to my routine of playin KOF 98 for the past 7 years. If they get it right i might put KOF 98 down for 2 seconds.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
I am happy duck king's in there being that he used to be my fav back in the day.

Otherwise, fuck it. Back to my routine of playin KOF 98 for the past 7 years. If they get it right i might put KOF 98 down for 2 seconds.

Haha I agree with this, the only game I enjoy outside is kof 2002. Max mode is the best new addition, but everyone hates it. Probably I whore out fast kills cause im a fucking cheap whore with it.