KoF XI PS2 trailer

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Did anyone else notice that if you freeze the video att 1:18 there is a flash of some character art that includes tung fu rue? Man, I would love it if he was in the game. Tung + geese + big would be fun as hell.

Also, is that mr karate in the game? if it is, nice lookiung sprite.

Matt

EDIT: Oddly enough, wiklipedia has an article on kofXI, and it claims tung is in the ps2 port. Also, the mr karate loking guy I was seeing in the vids was actually the mid boss silver.

Last edited:

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
I just hope Geese is a non cannon character because I would hate for Geese to be a zombie reaking havock on the story mode.

Besides, he should be fun to play as though.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Force said:
Did anyone else notice that if you freeze the video att 1:18 there is a flash of some character art that includes tung fu rue? Man, I would love it if he was in the game. Tung + geese + big would be fun as hell.

Also, is that mr karate in the game? if it is, nice lookiung sprite.

Matt

EDIT: Oddly enough, wiklipedia has an article on kofXI, and it claims tung is in the ps2 port. Also, the mr karate loking guy I was seeing in the vids was actually the mid boss silver.

Oddly enough, the official site clearly states that Tung is in the game, as has already been discussed.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
While I was going to get the game anyway the update of new backgrounds, additional music, art gallery, color edit mode, as well as the inclusion of above mentioned characters has definately put this game up for my pre-order list.
p_chara02.jpg

Last edited:

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
You mean JPN, or US release???

Also, I wonder if this game is getting ported somewere else, or just to the PS2...

*sniff* I want a WEEEE!!! version!!! :P

El Cernex

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
Japanese release..HELLO..when for a PS2 SNK game has the US release preceded the ASian release??

LOL.:kekeke:

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Finally got to see this game running in an actual arcade cab this weekend up in Vancouver, B.C. This has to be one of the best KoF's EVER! OMG, this game not only looks awesome but plays like a dream. I can't wait to play this game next month on the 22nd. Good job SNKP.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Matarick said:
I just hope Geese is a non cannon character because I would hate for Geese to be a zombie reaking havock on the story mode.

Besides, he should be fun to play as though.

according to the RBFFS story Geese can't die. He has immortality scrolls or something goofy.
and more Geese is always best. Geese killed igniz and orochi ya just don't know it

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
according to the RBFFS story Geese can't die. He has immortality scrolls or something goofy.
and more Geese is always best. Geese killed igniz and orochi ya just don't know it

RBFFS match against Nightmare Geese was like a dreammatch.

Geese never officially got all the scrolls, though it's been left up in the air to keep up the suspense.
Geese supposivly died in RBFF for the last time.

Though maybe he's Grant in MOTW. Nobody knows for sure, really. Unless Dash No Chris or someone else has a cannon guide that says otherwise.

However, in the KOF line, it appears Geese is alive and kicking. So heck if I know.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
dakingofzumunda said:
this game not only looks awesome but plays like a dream.

You know, I had been looking for words to describe how good it felt to play KOF XI, but what you said is really exactly what it feels like.

XI's engine is really dream-like, meaning the manuverability, elements, depth, and speed will really blow you away and leave you with a very satisfying KOF experience.

Fighter123

Banned
Loading times, CRAP!!! :(

I got too much stuff to buy. :(

I hope I can get it soon, but my swap magic disc PS2 is a bugger. :(

freak

New Challenger
OrochiEddie said:

South-Town universe(FF/AOF), KOF universe and MI universe are not the same universe.

In Akihiko Ureshino's blog already indicated this.
(he has worked on the storyline for KOF96-01, EX2 and MI2.)

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/blog/ureshino/archives/2006/02/post_8.html
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/blog/ureshino/archives/2006/02/post_14.html
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/blog/ureshino/archives/2006/02/art_of_fight.html

In KOF universe Geese is still alive,while he has already died in other universes.
http://www.kof10th.com/english/history/kof2003_story/index.php?num=outlow

Furthermore, there are relative age difference in South-Town universe and KOF universe. (In KOF universe, all characters never aged since 95.)

AOF2-3
Ryo - 22
Geese - 26
Kasumi - 16

KOF 96
Ryo - 24 (same age as Terry while he was older in FFWA http://www.geocities.com/ironmugen/)
Geese - 42 (FF3 age)
Kasumi - 16 (AOF3 age)

RBS-RB2

Terry - 27
Mary - 25
Yamazaki - 34
Xiangfei - 17

KOF 97-01

Terry - 24 (FF3 age)
Mary - 23 (RB1 age)
Yamazaki - 33 (RB1 age)
Xiangfei - 17 (RB2 age)

Fighter123

Banned
Looks better than 2003. Looking foward for this. :)

But, I have to use the swap trick on the PS2. :(

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
...better than 2003??? XI is insane! Its smooth nearly in every aspect.

2003 was trash But it did pave the way towards XI :D

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Shit!!! that looks awesome...
I dont own a PS2.. wish they would toss it on the DC.
might have to get one just for this..

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Nice screenshot pics :drool_2: . I can't wait for the Release, it be a sweet game to play compare to KOF 2003 on the Ps2.